All member reviews for Good Luck Charlie

Well-rounded Disney sitcom offers wholesome fun to families.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTruth_Teller January 3, 2014

Not bad

Well, the show might not be real funny at all, maby sometimes, but, it can be fun for childs. But I fear children from under 3 years old won't understand much. it has some positive messeges and educational value but they sometimes have some problems with consumism.
Kid, 10 years old December 31, 2013

another 4 star show

this show is completely amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but the first episode is HORRIBLE! there is also another bad side how does teddy start with dating spencer breaking up with him dating him again and then dating Beau.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHeretohelp26 December 29, 2013

Awesome show!

Great show! It teaches kids that you can be a role model! Characters occasionally use the word "butt" OK for kids 4+ Iffy for kids 2-
Kid, 10 years old December 1, 2013

Read Me

This show is about a family of 4 kids and later on 5 kids and the oldest girl (Teddy) starts doing a video diary about her life for her younger sister (Charlie a.k.a Charlotte) when she grows up. The reason it is called "Good Luck Charlie" is because Teddy always ends the video with some sort of form of "Good Luck Charlie". (Ex. So if Mom ever helps you with a science project, good luck Charlie!). The other members of the family are PJ, the eldest, Gabe, one of the middle, Teddy, one of the middle, Charlie, the youngest and later on one of the middle, and later on Toby, the youngest. You should definitely watch this show.
Parent Written byfridanka November 27, 2013

...

I really love this show, but there is one character that drives me nuts. I can absolute NOT stand the pushy, stupid spot stealing mother! She does not care if she steals her little kids thunder as long as she is on tv! And she expects everything to be forgiven because she is "extremely" talented and is in titled to be on tv or something!
Parent Written bybusymomma3 November 23, 2013

NOT as wholesome as I thought...

My daughter is 8 and growing out of the typical cartoon-type shows (ie: Doc McStuffins), I decided to give this show a try. I had heard it is pretty mild and there isn't foul language, sex, drugs, etc. My daughter of course liked it because it was actual people acting instead of cartoons. I on the other hand, not so much. Just because there is no foul language or violence in this show, does not make it appropriate or good programming for that matter. The children in the show are rude to their parents - constantly talking back and making fun of them. They also lie to their parents in every, single episode. The parents also bad mouth each other to their children, and talk badly about neighbors, teachers, friends, family, etc. I allowed my daughter to watch it on a trial basis, but stopped it after a few weeks because she began being sassy and talking back to myself and her father. I guess compared to other shows out there this one may be mild, but that isn't saying much.
Kid, 10 years old November 21, 2013

boring

its good but boring
Kid, 12 years old November 11, 2013

Great show

This is a great show, though there may be some iffy subjects for some families.
Teen, 13 years old Written byWaterMelon813Yo October 25, 2013

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!

i love this Show it is the best show disney has on disney channel right now great plot ,great story lines I love how the family always sticks together at the end and how at every end of the episode theres a Funny twsit. the Mom is supper funny , The dad is Like a ordinary dad , teddy is like a ordinary teenager, gabe is your average annyoying brother, pj is your average Teenage Brother , and charlie is so cute!! what i love about this show is its so realistic families can actaully relate to it. best show on disney channel! Its hilarious i love watching it!
Kid, 12 years old October 14, 2013

Good luck charlie!

I love this show!!! The lead character , "Teddy" is an awesome role model! She is a kind, nice girl! This show Is probably the funniest show I've seen on disney channel! (Since hannah montana but that's long gone now) and I laugh at this funny show a lot! My mother and I sometimes watch this together and she laughs too! Lovely show! Totally okay for kids!
Teen, 13 years old Written byrefuse_to_sink October 13, 2013

Depends on maturity level

The show is very good besides the fact of some sexual references. An example being..... Gabe: (to Mom) Did Dad ever get nervous talking to you? Mom: Oh, when your Dad and I started dating we didn't do a lot of talking. Mostly we just... Gabe: Just what? Mom: Played checkers...lots and lots of checkers. The age limit depends on how mature your child is becausE some kids may repeat some references to sex and im sure we don't want that.
Parent Written byleekp October 12, 2013

LEARNING

This show improved as the seasons went on - it's not great, but, by season 3, it's okay. Even good (at times).

I began this series from the beginning, and really hated it for my 9 year old. It has, however, improved with age. The more recent seasons are much better than season 1 and 2. The early seasons focused on Teddy (the teenage girl character) as snarky and boy-crazed; as the series grew, Teddy became more intelligent and well-rounded. For me, the show went from one that was really sexist and offensive to one that is enjoyable (if silly). For this reason, I find it hard to review the full series - I truly feel like the early shows are awful and even offensive but, for the most part, I think the newer shows are just fine. I'm editing my original review and updating my original rating - this show has grown into one that provides a relatively harmless 1/2 hour of silly watching for families who are viewing together.
Kid, 10 years old October 11, 2013

to awesome!

It is so funny! and the girl who plays teddy she gose on tour sometimes and you can see her in a concert!! but the show involes dateing sometimes and i think you need to understand realation-ships to like this show.
Kid, 10 years old October 5, 2013

BEST DISNEY SHOW EVER!!!

FUNNIEST DISNEY SHOW EVER!!!! For once it is a great show that the whole family can enjoy!!!! But since there are a lot of family jokes younger kids like 6 and 7 won't get it. Still, AWESOME SHOW and I'd suggest giving it a try!!
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written bymsmommypants September 27, 2013

Definitely a family favorite

My kids watch those Disney sitcoms and most, I completely ignore but this one is actually hysterical enough that my husband and I watch it and laugh too. Well written and acted and the main character, Teddy, is depicted as an intelligent young woman and not a boy-crazed teenaged barbie doll, as found in many "tween" shows. The relationship between kids and parents is funny and realistic without crossing the line into treating the parents as idiots or the kids being disrespectful.
Kid, 11 years old September 2, 2013

Something we can relate to.

This show is something everyone can relate to. Gabe the middle child is so michevious, teddy is the responsible one instead of PJ, it's so real. There is always someone in our family who is up to mischief and instead of the older sibling the second youngest sibling is most responsible right? But the show is not that perfect, teddy is always kissing her boyfriends and all that stuff but anyways its funny and ok
Kid, 9 years old August 28, 2013

good..

it isn't innaproprite at all.kind of like spongebob but no cartoons
Kid, 12 years old August 25, 2013

Love it!

"Good Luck Charlie" is a very good show. Disney scored great with this one. I love Bridgit Mendler: finally, a pretty, talented actress. She was amazing as Olivia in Lemonade Mouth (2011), and this show where she plays Teddy is just as awesome. Of course this is very family-friendly considering it is about a family. The adults here are decently smart, though a bit obnoxious. PJ (Dolley) gets on my last nerve at times with his stupidity, but I find Gabe (Perry) pretty funny and I can relate to him since we are close in age. Charlie (Talerico) is cute, and doesn't come off as a brat most of the time. And the newest addition, Toby (why the dog name?) was a nice twist. Overall I find Good Luck Charlie to be a keeper on my shows to watch list. But why isn't it on my On Demand menu?
Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2013

Disney does it right.

Only good sitcom on Disney. It's actually funny and has looks of memorable moments. The whole family will like it and it has nice lessons. This and Gravity Falls are Disney's last hope.
Teen, 15 years old Written byi rate things August 17, 2013

Unrealistic of Poor and rich

In the show, the family acts as if they are poor and their mom is a nurse and their father is an exterminator. However, their house is indeed very large and their rooms are huge and their clothing is expensive. It is unrealistic and makes an anti gay reference when a straight couple is dressed up like to men.