All member reviews for Goodnight Burbank

Online cultural satire relies on stereotypes for laughs.

(1 review)

Parent of a 8 year old Written byKathy B April 30, 2011

Social satire giving perspective on the people who bring us news; great for kids 14+

Melissa seems to have missed the point. The show is about the people who bring us the news and why we shouldn't trust them. Goodnight Burbank lifts the lid on the type of people who decide what is news, how important it is, etc - by showing them off as human. Sure, there's some element of "stereotyping" but this is a comedy. I would suggest we watch a few episodes before we definitively call them stereotypes because so far we've only seen one episode - and I think it's pretty judgmental to cast such things in stone on a first impression of one episode. I agree that this show is not for kids. So far there's been no nudity or real swearing but the situations are certainly not for young ones. The laughs are hard and fast and I also have to respectfully disagree with Melissa that the show is like a typical web comedy. There's never been anything like it on the web! But that's also just my opinion :) You should check it out for yourself.