Spooky spin on books may be too scary for kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written byKatnissRide1312 November 17, 2011

Fun Show To Watch

It All depends on the kid. I watch this with my siblings. One is nine and one is ten. It doesn't scare them, in fact we even some times laugh at the cheesy effects. If your child gets scard easily I wouldn't recommend watching this. It is totally appropiate language wise. I don't even remember them saying some thing like crap or anything. Some episdoes are scarier then othes.
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011

goosebumps!!

i love goosebumps. me and my now 14 year old friend were obsessed with it and watching all the movies. we still are an i even got my 15 year old friend to star watching it. i know the intro song by heart.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLuckyPleo June 25, 2011

TOO SCARY FOR EVEN ME!

I read one of the books when I was 9 or 10 and I will never pick up another one again. What was apparently the "Most Mild" of the goosebumps got me so scarred that I couldn't sleep for months, not only did the "happy endning" turn into a trap where characters had to run and fight for their lives in order to escape a playground of deaths that monsters place humans in for entertainment. Those who were fans of the books said that the books were no where near as scary as the show. Now, I still remember direct quotes from that book, and I was TERRIFIED, It gives me shudders to think about it, and I did not nor do believe in monsters when I read that. Common sense has it ranked appropriate because there is no blood or gore, but there is WAY intense scenes that NEVER END. SPOILER ALERT for one of the books/episodes! After MANY very intense near death experiences at a park, the workers are revealed to be horrible monsters who tell them "it's all a joke, you're on a hidden camera show for a monster channel" they say, here is the "real" exit over this way, then they lock them in a dark hall, tell them "NO ONE EVER SURVIVES HORRORLAND" then set various traps and monster on them, one character says "They REALLY ARE GOING TO KILL US!" then they escape with the monsters chasing them after the fight for survival ends.
Adult Written byEggplant May 8, 2015

Goosebumps.. You must beware you're in for a scare

Violence 7/10: Slappy bites, grabs, and even chokes children. He kicks a character at one point too. Uncle Al gets a poison dart to the chest. The Haunted Mask makes people go violent and disturbing and tries to eat someone. Werewolves and bampires bite people and the werewolf a even claw and eat them. Dead animals are briefly shown. Billy and Brian shove each other in one scene. Brian punches someone hard trying to escape. Language 4/10: Slappy makes a lot of rude comments throughout the show. Sex and drinking/drugs: None
Adult Written bypccangel April 9, 2008

Ok for ages 8+

Goosebumps is too scary for the younger kids. My 6 year old has been running down the hall to my room the middle of every night since we watched one episode with him (which seemed very benign and had no obvious effect on him). On the other hand, my 8 year old enjoyed it without any ill effects.
Adult Written byreviewer person January 29, 2014

Goosebumps Review

Parent Written bytreat02 February 18, 2012

ok, for some

i got to say this is pretty good, but if you are under 9 or so, it might be frightening. some of this really is not content for some kids.
Parent Written byChantelistre October 25, 2015

Goosebumps is great for children 7+

Goosebumps is very tame compared to television which children are currently exposed. Seven plus age is very fair depending on your child's individual personality. No cursing, no belittling parent figures, family unity and obedience of children are demonstrated. Children, just like adults, have different entertainment preferences, some adults like spooky films, while other do not. My boys, 7&10, are more spooked by a stranger and a clown at a circus, then goosebumps. (Series and movie)
Parent of an infant, infant, infant, 10, 10, and 18+ year old Written byParentofwisdom August 26, 2013

Goosebumps is too scary

This show scared the Chicken out of my kids! they were both 9 when they first watched it and now they are 10 and still freaked out! Oh! I miss my 18 year old that is an collage. :(
Adult Written byCalvin Bauer October 15, 2011
Adult Written byshecky April 9, 2008

awesome

I love Goosebumps. I remember when it first came out in the '90's, but it seeems a lot more entertaining now. This show may be too scary for little kids.
Kid, 11 years old March 24, 2013

GOOSEBUMPS

violence: some implied. Ghost visible, some gore. Scary!!! suggested rating: PG-13 For some violence and disturbing images.
Kid, 10 years old February 18, 2012

Good for older kids

Well im 10 and im not scared by these shows,but my brother is 4 and he got scared very easily and ran. Just like their show says, if you kid is under 7 then you should watch it as a family.
Parent of a 13, 15, and 16 year old Written bydemondonkey25 June 27, 2009

DO NOT WATCH. Check out tales from the crypt instead.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillonaire July 4, 2013

NK-10

Too Creepy for the little ones.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCharlietheunicorn99 July 21, 2012

Spooky spooky lol fun!

I read these when I was in second to third grade until my mother told me that I should read other books, but these are okay for little kids if their parents know them really really well.
Adult Written byThatRussianYakAttack December 5, 2009

Bad Quality for Parents and Scary for the Young'uns.

I must admit, shows like this freaked me out when I was younger, but now I'm seventeen and just find the shows silly with poor acting, bad effects, and predictable stories. However, even with that being said, a couple episodes still happen to freak me out ever-so-slightly... So be careful with the little ones. It's a horrible show to watch in more ways than one, but I'd prefer this show over many of the other horror series out there.
Parent of a 7, 10, 11, 13, and 15 year old Written byLisa mom to 5 October 23, 2009

happily scared of Goosebumps

Scary, plain and simple. Of course that's the point. My kids love these shows but are still scared of some of the content.
Kid, 8 years old February 4, 2016

Not Scary at all!!

i love this show there is only a few scary episodes!
Adult Written byimslimshady September 25, 2015

Pretty good for younger children

Of course, it depends on the maturity level of each individual child. Some kids are able to handle more "spooky" material at a younger age than other children are. For me personally, I started watching Goosebumps around age 10 and was never bothered by the material in it. They were often creepy, but they weren't so scary that I couldn't handle it. And the "good guys" always win in the end; the horror never prevails, so there's always a happy ending. Sometimes it's ominous with hints that the "bad" things might still be out there for these characters, but it's clear that everyone is safe and sound in the end.