All member reviews for Goosebumps

Spooky spin on books may be too scary for kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written byKatnissRide1312 November 17, 2011

Fun Show To Watch

It All depends on the kid. I watch this with my siblings. One is nine and one is ten. It doesn't scare them, in fact we even some times laugh at the cheesy effects. If your child gets scard easily I wouldn't recommend watching this. It is totally appropiate language wise. I don't even remember them saying some thing like crap or anything. Some episdoes are scarier then othes.
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011

goosebumps!!

i love goosebumps. me and my now 14 year old friend were obsessed with it and watching all the movies. we still are an i even got my 15 year old friend to star watching it. i know the intro song by heart.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLuckyPleo June 25, 2011

TOO SCARY FOR EVEN ME!

I read one of the books when I was 9 or 10 and I will never pick up another one again. What was apparently the "Most Mild" of the goosebumps got me so scarred that I couldn't sleep for months, not only did the "happy endning" turn into a trap where characters had to run and fight for their lives in order to escape a playground of deaths that monsters place humans in for entertainment. Those who were fans of the books said that the books were no where near as scary as the show. Now, I still remember direct quotes from that book, and I was TERRIFIED, It gives me shudders to think about it, and I did not nor do believe in monsters when I read that. Common sense has it ranked appropriate because there is no blood or gore, but there is WAY intense scenes that NEVER END. SPOILER ALERT for one of the books/episodes! After MANY very intense near death experiences at a park, the workers are revealed to be horrible monsters who tell them "it's all a joke, you're on a hidden camera show for a monster channel" they say, here is the "real" exit over this way, then they lock them in a dark hall, tell them "NO ONE EVER SURVIVES HORRORLAND" then set various traps and monster on them, one character says "They REALLY ARE GOING TO KILL US!" then they escape with the monsters chasing them after the fight for survival ends.
Adult Written byreviewer person January 29, 2014

Goosebumps Review

Adult Written byshecky April 9, 2008

awesome

I love Goosebumps. I remember when it first came out in the '90's, but it seeems a lot more entertaining now. This show may be too scary for little kids.
Adult Written bypccangel April 9, 2008

Ok for ages 8+

Goosebumps is too scary for the younger kids. My 6 year old has been running down the hall to my room the middle of every night since we watched one episode with him (which seemed very benign and had no obvious effect on him). On the other hand, my 8 year old enjoyed it without any ill effects.
Kid, 10 years old March 23, 2014

Puh-lease

I've seen scarier from Peppa pig, and peppa pig is in case you don't know mostly about a cartoon four year old pig jumping in muddy puddles. And I think you might agree that is not scary.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCharlietheunicorn99 July 21, 2012

Spooky spooky lol fun!

I read these when I was in second to third grade until my mother told me that I should read other books, but these are okay for little kids if their parents know them really really well.
Kid, 12 years old January 3, 2010

Not as good as the books, some pretty creepy

After seeing one of the Night of the Living Dummy episodes, I stopped watching the series.
Adult Written byThatRussianYakAttack December 5, 2009

Bad Quality for Parents and Scary for the Young'uns.

I must admit, shows like this freaked me out when I was younger, but now I'm seventeen and just find the shows silly with poor acting, bad effects, and predictable stories. However, even with that being said, a couple episodes still happen to freak me out ever-so-slightly... So be careful with the little ones. It's a horrible show to watch in more ways than one, but I'd prefer this show over many of the other horror series out there.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKhaoticKing October 24, 2009

Plain,Mildly Scary,Mystery......
Parent of a 10 and 19 year old Written byrainydayqueen March 16, 2009

oooooo......this one is a bit CREEPY

this one is really weird.......in one episode,people turn into pigs and it uses very disturbing effects to make it that way Violence-----only gory in a handful of episodes,always violent though Sex-------nothing Language-------kids can be really mean in this show
Adult Written byEggplant May 8, 2015

Goosebumps.. You must beware you're in for a scare

Violence 7/10: Slappy bites, grabs, and even chokes children. He kicks a character at one point too. Uncle Al gets a poison dart to the chest. The Haunted Mask makes people go violent and disturbing and tries to eat someone. Werewolves and bampires bite people and the werewolf a even claw and eat them. Dead animals are briefly shown. Billy and Brian shove each other in one scene. Brian punches someone hard trying to escape. Language 4/10: Slappy makes a lot of rude comments throughout the show. Sex and drinking/drugs: None
Teen, 13 years old Written bycandycanecat December 27, 2014

i think goosebumps is appropriate for children 8 and up but not for kids under age

i think if you have a 7 or under child they will get scared if they are 7 they might not be scared depending on witch kind of child is fearless me as a kid it never scared me but the things that pop out 7 and under should not watch
Kid, 9 years old August 15, 2014
Teen, 13 years old Written bywxwxwxwx July 28, 2014

scary

I read the goosebumps series since when I was in 6th or 7th grade. I like the books better than the movies
Kid, 10 years old April 3, 2014

Ok not scary

Not scary but strange. Strange......
Kid, 10 years old January 2, 2014

GB tv show

Not that that scary with crappy special effects and no blood and gore. Good for ages 9+ and 7-8 if your kids can handle it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDuckCommander13 December 31, 2013

Pretty good 90s show

I used to watch this show when I was 6 and never watched again until I was 11. It has a lot of scary scenes like in the haunted mask when Carly Beth freaks out and tries to hurt people because she was possessed by the mask. But this is extremely mild compared to The Haunting Hour. Each episode is a extremely mild parody of horror movies. For example... The Haunted mask- The Exorcist Welcome to Camp Nightmare- Friday the 13th Night of the Living Dummy- Child's Play Phantom of the Auditorium- Phantom of the Opera And there is many more.
Kid, 8 years old November 30, 2013