All parent member reviews for Grey's Anatomy

Adult Written byAsh111 March 29, 2016
As a surgical medical drama, there are many tragedies and emergencies. With this comes the blood and slight gore of tramas, emergencies, and surgery. There is a lot if sex throughout every episode. Peoples marriages are broken up, scandals, one night stands, etc. Also, during the sex scenes many moaning sounds are often made. No nudity is ever shown; however, it is always strongly implied and made a very big part of the show when someone has had sex with another character. There is much alcohol use in the show along with problems of alcoholism. Language is pretty mild, but is sometimes used more than necessary.
Parent Written byaex March 6, 2016
Adult Written byladfj32 February 16, 2016

I have watched Grey's since the beginning and am a hardcore fan. Sometimes though I have almost not watched it when I see and hear violence and it has become more gory even in the "in-your-face" type of gore including hospital scenes. Do we really need to hear the loud crunching of bones, gushing of blood, seen and heard, sawing off of a leg, brutal attacks? No. How can we stop or hate on violence in our society but watch these shows not realizing how it affects our subconscious and spirits? I have always been someone from a young age who liked thrillers and even reading material that was scary, however this is going way too far and becoming normal! Thankfully I have never watched any of the Game of Thrones as I understand from an article I just read has everything plus more that you cannot even imagine violent. Recently I stopped watching shows that keep with certain agendas, and even X Files has "eyes gouged out/blood coming out" in their scene....nothing ever seems subtle like it used to be even a decade ago! Unfortunately, over the last few years the gore and violence, and audio/visual of it have increased as have nearly most shows on TV. I don't think its suitable for any age. I cringe repeatedly and have to close my eyes and now ears when I watch this show. It's really disturbing. Some of the scenes which depict flashbacks are equally as hard. Seeing everything removes imagination and it becomes more of a horror show. Recently I've seen over and over in many shows including soap operas people kissing over a dead body, knives and needles being inserted (flashbacks as well shown on the TV) and it's almost like it happens to you because of how eerily openly it shows it.
Parent Written bymattbruns3 October 28, 2015

I love this show it has a lot of medical stuff in hospitals

It's a good hospital show but has intense surgeries. It's recommended for teens and up.
Adult Written bytootoolvr14 April 9, 2008

good show

there is some sex but its not a focal point of the show. most shows now a days involve sex as a minor plot to interest people sadly. Doctors have to make big desicions and have to show good morals. sometimes. I recomend.
Adult Written byhumzarizvi April 9, 2008

A great show!

Adult Written byelizaphan330 April 9, 2008

Great show for adults

Adult Written byconcernedparent... April 9, 2008
Adult Written byKate813 April 9, 2008

I love this show. I would say thta it depends on the kid who watches, but a general 15 or 16+ =)
Adult Written bymonicaxoxox April 9, 2008

this show is great but iffy for tweens(11-12)

i think greys anatomy is a great fun show. it is sexual though so i wouldn't be allowing 10 and 12 year old to be watching it but 13 and 14 years olds should be fine wathing if you know them. for anyone older than that the show should be fine.
Adult Written byMcGrey April 9, 2008

Love Grey's Anatomy Good for any 11-12 and older!!!

Thursday nights are graced with the presence of Grey's Anatomy! The awesome drama I watch with my whole family! Highly recommended!
Adult Written byVampireGirl April 9, 2008

AMAZING but if you want your child to watch watch with them!

I feel that the teenage population is getting more and more mature and I beleive that parents can decide if their children can handle this. If I were a child of 13 and watching this I would take in the mesage that drinking was bad, because you end up in bed with people you dont even know the name of. This show is engrossing and amazing, very touching. This is an amazing show which sadly is the highlight of my week even if it is a repeat i still want to see it. When your favorite character cries you feel like crying too. This pulls out emotions and watching it with someone you love can bring you closer. I know that on thursday night i invite my friends over and we order pizza and watch Grey's anatomy. This helps keep us together. Grey's Anatomy is the most amazing show ever.
Adult Written bybaby13 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bymisledvampire April 9, 2008

Best Show Ever!!!!

I started watching this show with the very first episode and have been hooked ever since. I can't wait for Thursdays to come so I can see it. It has alot of different issues. There is a gay couple who run the bar across the street from the hospital. There is a lot of sexual stories, words, never see anyone have sex though. Great show!
Adult Written byIngrid922 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byip2uni April 9, 2008

BEST SHOW since Grey's on

Love it. can't wait till next season starts. Story line and all characters,,, can't beat!!
Adult Written byscottyhouston April 9, 2008

Cover's All The Social Issues

Love this show. It's so awesome and a true representation of so many social issues going on. This site lists the show as being on after "Desperate Housewives" on Sunday nights but it's actually on Thursday nights after "Ugly Betty".
Adult Written byloffer April 9, 2008