All teen and kid member reviews for Grey's Anatomy

Teen, 15 years old Written bylilpinkmuffinxo December 9, 2008

Amazing; Inappropriate

Personally, I love this show. Yes, it is inappropriate but honestly your kids know more than you think. Times have changed and the society around us has grown more inappropriate. If your kids go to dances, they probably dance rather sexually with boys. Don't get angry! It is not very sexual nor inappropriate. The most popular dance is known as grinding. But let me tell you they don't do the real thing, not even close. The grinding they do is not too sexual. But don't cut your child off from this show because it is too inappropriate. If they deny it, chances are they have seen worse and already know about worse. Besides this show is too good to miss! :]
Teen, 15 years old Written byirene_lol November 16, 2008

Luv it!

I love this show. The cast is fantastic and the plot too.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAthena Keene May 6, 2011

BST DNM DRAMA SERIES EVER IN THE WHOLE WORD - A MUST WATCH

THIS IS THE BEST FREAKING DRAMA SERIES IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i started watching this show when i was in 3rd grade and feel in love withthe characters and the mesages they had to learn. it toches my heart because i can relate to almost all the doctors in one way or another and sometimes even the patients. My favorite episode of all time is INTO YOU LIKE A TRAIN- Season 2. And remember what i always say there is a certain mauturity level needed to handle all this heavy stuff. Not just the drinking and the sex- but the lessons learned. They are sometimes sad and hard to accept or realize. This show never fails to touch my heart.
Teen, 16 years old Written byyost820 April 9, 2008

Fanastic show, appropriate for 12+.
Teen, 15 years old Written byimateennotashhimed April 17, 2015

Really good for adults and for 13 year olds

I think is not a bad show and I really liked it. It shows sex and lesbian relationship scenes, so if you are not agree don't watch this with your kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCupcakeSweetie7534 July 12, 2011

Not a Family TV Show

This my favorite TV series! It's very unique and you'll always want to see the next episode. Although, be warned that sometimes it can be graphic and very sad. (I've cried before, and I'm 13!) Occasionally children, animals, and even babies die, people are sometimes shown suffering and sexual behavior may be a bit over the top for younger kids. But over all, very suspenseful show.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrockybaby January 17, 2014

Great for mature teens!

As long as you are mature, then you can watch it!
Teen, 14 years old Written byslasher23 September 5, 2010

some graphic images and some sexual content.some language.not for kids
Kid, 8 years old July 26, 2010

Perfect for adults... Not so much for kids...

I think that NO 6 year old should watch it. If the person watching it has expeirienced ALOT and mean have heard ALOT of swear words, then this is pretty OK for them. I watch it to study human anatomy (body) .
Teen, 15 years old Written bycollinnierman44 August 20, 2015

Truly amazing!

Really great! Does include mature material, but it's not too much to handle.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybballfreak567 August 17, 2015

intriguing

The show has a lot of positive messages, it makes you realize sex is not a bad thing and that, while I don't agree with as much sex as they have in this show, it made me relive it was a natural thing and not something to keep behind lock and key
Teen, 15 years old Written bySerena2000 August 9, 2015

Great show, but only show to mature kids

Greys Anatony is a really good, gripping show, but I think that you should only show it to mature children. I started it in the 7th grade and have loved it. But I know that if I don't understand something, I should not repeat it, or to forward a bad scene. They do use a lot of bad language and rely on drinks for help, but as long as your child will not get influenced by the show, I think it is okay. If your child gets grossed out by blood or hospitals, this is definitely not the show for you! There are many sexual jokes and affairs, but there are also many good role models and positive messages. It shows you many important life lessons like the ups and downs in life. An example is that you should never give up, one of the neurosurgeons is on the brink of a breakthrough and he doesn't stop trying until he meets his goal.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTphernandez12 July 24, 2015

I love this show. It has great messages about life and how you want to live it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycbar04 June 20, 2015

Great for older teens

As an older teen, I think this show is great. There's plenty of sexual references, but that's just part of it. If your kid is mature enough to handle sexual references and plenty of blood, then consider letting them watch it. It's a fantastic show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBasak June 2, 2015

Great show with great messages

I just started watching it. I'd recommend it for 13+. I wouldn't understand the messages if i started watching it last year. There are good examples of friendships.
Teen, 13 years old Written byroaringriptide May 12, 2015

A Constant Cycle of the Same Plots

I started watching this show a few months ago and it was so addicting! I think if one just has to be mature about it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byryblu December 11, 2014

Amazing for mature preteens/young teens

I'm 13 and my honors biology teacher recommended we watch the show to understand the fundamentals of basic anatomy and I got hooked! I have been watching ever since. I think that it is a great show for mature kids 12+. It has quite a bit of sexual content, but kids these days know more than you think, they've seen it before, besides that it is the perfect show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byaboy26 October 30, 2014

terrific for everyone

This show does start off a bit iffy, because it starts off with a one night stand but there isn't anything being shown. In this show there are nudity but you can only see from the back, the characters don't swear as much they say the words "d**k,p***ed and b***h, the characters drink often at the end of a lot of episodes and one character's father is a drunk. The surgeries these characters do are graphic and show a lot, so it's not for the squeamish... There are some great messages although they are based in examples including one about cheating on a test and the effects of how bad it is, and there are some things that young and older teens will relate to.
Kid, 12 years old July 18, 2014

Good Series for Mature Children

This TV Show is my favorite TV Show of all times... My parents let me watch this TV Show because they know I'm mature enough to take the context... It's inappropriate in the way that it talks a lot about sex (nothing explicit shown)
Teen, 15 years old Written bylafaue July 8, 2014

Intense and Original

I love Grey's Anatomy- it's easily my favorite drama. Meredith Grey is, in my opinion, an excellent role model- as are all the characters. Grey's teaches a lot about second chances, overcoming obstacles, destiny, and even medicine. Although, some of the material is meant for more mature audiences. There's quite a bit of drinking and swearing. The surgeries can be graphic, too. A lot of the characters sleep around and there are some intimate bedroom scenes- all very tasteful. Multiple cases (patients) are also of that nature and can be too mature for most kids. The show can also be emotionally traumatizing-several important and beloved characters die, usually dramatically and suddenly (anyone who's watched it knows exactly what I mean). However, I believe that the adult content pales in comparison to the positives. It's great for teens, but definitely not for kids.