Medical soap is gripping -- and occasionally graphic.

Parent of a 16 year old Written bymedicalphiliac January 29, 2011

Perfect for anyone!

Amazingly positive. Helped me determine what I wanted to do with my life.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byjana223 June 20, 2014

great show for tweens and teens!

This a great medical drama, some parents would think of it slightly inappropriate because of the characters personal relationships but if your child is mature enough to know what these "personal relationships" are they should be fine.
Teen, 14 years old Written byslasher23 September 5, 2010
some graphic images and some sexual content.some language.not for kids
Teen, 13 years old Written byHarleyandJoker487 August 17, 2016

Mature teens only

This is great show for mature teens only not for younger kids in my opinion I think it is best to wait until you feel that you have maturity
Adult Written bylemonlimetwist January 20, 2010

Very interesting, but not for kids

Grey's is a fascinating show from the medical standpoint and is almost worth watching for that reason alone. However, this is definitely not appropriate for kids under 15 or so due to the sexual content and complex dramas in the lives of the characters.
Adult Written bycrap July 15, 2009

Life nor relationships can be defined in simply black or white, true life comes only in shades of Grey.

This show has everything, the drama, the suspense, and anyother positive word that you could possibly give. Of course, there is sexually natured doctors in here and for someone that I read, it does happen. Doctors are not Gods, they act like this. Doctor's drink, have sex, and sneak around like anyother person might do. The show has very realistic cuts and everything. The show has a role model for everyone, I think that the person that everyone could relate to, even men is Izzie. Christina also, they noth have troubles that you would not expect but that are real. This show has the best storylines and is down to earth. Everything that happens in this show is realistic and could happen to anyone.
Parent Written byViloet August 17, 2013

What I violet think of grays anatomy

I think it is a little off putting sometimes but the show is very well done the acting is quite good I have a little 8 year old at home and he main reason I don't let her whatch it is not the fact that their is an occasional grows picture but of the sexual themes and messages
Parent Written byfirstavenger11 February 12, 2012

Greys anatomy

Parent of a 2 year old Written byalinzasmommy2006 December 20, 2008

BEST SHOW

This is personally my favorite show (I am 23). I don't think a 15 yr old should be watching it though. (as rated).... def. more for adults.
Adult Written byDocter14 April 9, 2008

I love it

I think that anyone over 14 can watch if they uderstand that some things like sexual contact, drugs, and alcohol are wrong. And if you have a kid that knows when to change the channel thats even better.
Adult Written bycggray703 February 1, 2014

A great show, but intense

This show is phenomenal. It is suspenseful and interesting and it depicts surgeons saving lives--what could be better? But the intensity of the job is also well depicted. The lives of surgeons are almost always on fast forward and their decision making processes are expedited as well. There are many quick decisions characters later regret, most of which involve sex. There are risks which are often ignored in terms of the medical procedures performed, but those come with the territory. Overall, the show may not have many great role models, but it does have good messages. You just have to weigh the often graphic scenes. The show does do a good job of illustrating the intensity of what it would be like to be a surgeon in a world renowned hospital.
Adult Written byspavards April 9, 2008

Only show I watch regularly!

I watch this with my (mature) daughters, one 13 and one almost 16. I still squirm at times in terms of my 13 year old watching some parts, however, realistically she is already aware of many of the situations. I try not to miss any opportunity to express my opinion about a character or plot if I feel it needs to be said. Believe me, they don't want to admit it, but we parents still have influence!
Kid, 12 years old November 13, 2016

Addicting

It gets very Addicting!
Teen, 13 years old Written byCamille Engelson August 4, 2016

Grey's Anatomy Review

'Grey's Anatomy' is an excellent show for mature teens and adults. It is good for anyone who is mildly interested in the medical world, even if you know nothing about it. It goes into depth of the entire experiences of the staff members of the fictional hospital Grey-Sloan Memorial. (The name of the hospital changes throughout the show.) Shonda Rhimes, the creator, continues to do a good job keeping the show going.
Parent Written byLeenaChen June 6, 2012

Great Show, save for older kids

First off, why are children posting what age they think should be able to watch it? Grey's Anatomy is an unbelievably gripping show. The writers are dedicated to portraying diverse characters of different ethnicities, sexual orientations, economic backgrounds, and religions. However, this show is a no-go for young children. The characters turn to alcohol to solve their problems, and everyone has had sex with everyone. I just don't think younger kids should be watching shows with "screaming orgasms." There is cursing, but it is not usually over the top. There was a violent episode in season six in which a man shot and killed 11 people in the hospital, and the surgery scenes may be graphic for some too.
Adult Written byspider_woman April 9, 2008

An addicting primtime drama thats fun for teenager and parents

Grey's anatomy is the one show i look forward to watching each week. It will have to be something really big to keep me from watching. grey's anatomy did feature some innappropriate material in the past but now in the third season they have gotten better. Nothing graphic was shown however, mabe making out but that's about the farthest they go. If your kid is squemish or easily frightened by blood, i do not reccomend this show. I look beyond the equivocal material and just enjoy the show for the funny and talented people in it.
Adult Written bypaper_monkey April 9, 2008

Love it!!!

I feel that this is one of the best shows since I was little! I am a 34 year-old, and I sometimes sit down with my ten-year-old and watch this amazing show. She loves it so much, and I'm glad that people can make shows that are appropriate for youngsters and adults. It deserves five stars!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMsurette December 3, 2016

Very interesting show, but don't watch if sensative!!

I'm an eighth grader who absolutely loves this show. In fact, tons of the girls in my class all watch this show and it's always really fun to all talk about the show together and all of our opinions on the characters and patients. However some of the situations that go on in the show that I feel can sorta ruin some people's innocence, so if you're a mature teen above age thirteen, about the age of an eighth grader, who also can deal with watching SPOILER (nearly every character dying with tons of gore plus a lot of sex), then you'll love it
Teen, 14 years old Written byJessaBea November 28, 2016

Grey's Anatomy

I think 14 years old is the perfect age for a people so they are able to start watching this show it's also helps kids realize what doctors actually do and yes it does have some inappropriate language sometimes but there is inappropriate language do the real life and around teenagers all the time so I did not see a problem with that
Kid, 12 years old November 12, 2016

I love it

If your child is not afraid of blood, this is perefect. This show has inspired me to become a doctor because I relized how much doctors can help. There are some inappropriate scenes, but if your child is mature it is fine.