All member reviews for Grey's Anatomy

Medical soap is gripping -- and occasionally graphic.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAudreySky1 December 22, 2013

Wonderful show, but definitely for older teens and adults!

Grey's is truly amazing. Shonda does a great job of creating a fantastic story line and character you get attached to. The medical stories are gripping, as well as the personal lives of the characters the show follows. The show is unpredictable in the best possible way. Honestly this show is not at all appropriate for children under 13 and parent discretion should be used with anyone 13-15. I see children's reviews by 10 year olds saying the show is appropriate for 6 years old, and that is completely incorrect. It is really up to the parent, who should watch a few episodes before allowing a child to. Almost every episode features a couple having sex. Much of it is casual and practiced within the hospital itself. There is violence and blood, but its a medical show specifically about the surgery department, so that's to be expected.
Parent Written byViloet August 17, 2013

What I violet think of grays anatomy

I think it is a little off putting sometimes but the show is very well done the acting is quite good I have a little 8 year old at home and he main reason I don't let her whatch it is not the fact that their is an occasional grows picture but of the sexual themes and messages
Teen, 16 years old Written byAbbieGilmore March 16, 2013

Greys Anatomy

This is one of my favourite TV shows but it is definitely for teens age 14 and up depending on how mature you are. I would say that sex would probably be the main issue for kids who are under 14 because although you don't see any body parts it would be inappropriate for anyone younger than 14. I would recommend anyone who is under 14 to ask their parents before watching it. Honestly, if you are above 14 and can handle mature subjects then I don't see any problem with you watching this.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHarryClaryBerry February 11, 2013

Great show!

This show is amazing! There is the issue of sexual content, but other than that, it's a very good show. There is a lot of medical speak, so your kids will probably pick up some of that - I sure did!
Kid, 11 years old November 3, 2012

Iffy

Yes, I haven't seen this in years. But let me say this.. my mom used to watch it when I was younger. She didn't let me watch it, but I would lay in my bed (it was where i could see the tv) and look at the screne. That wasn't very smart, but I was curious. I saw bloody surgerys and people getting injured. Once, one of the main characters got stabbed in the stomach with ice. Of course, I only remember the gore. Off for nine, pause for 10 and 11, on for 13.
Kid, 9 years old September 14, 2012

Not appropriate for all ages.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymuffinman221 August 19, 2012

Fantastic show! But 14+.

This is everything a good medical show should be; gripping story lines, relatable characters and a focus on the positives and negatives in the life of a surgeon. I got really in to this show last year and watched all 8 seasons in about 2 months! As much as I love it, though, I have to say there is a lot of sex, and even my favorite characters have made some terrible judgement calls. With that said, I'm sure younger kids could watch the MAJORITY of these episodes, however the occasional episode will come about that is seriously for 14+ only. I think this distinction only requires good judgement by the parents.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylalalala87 July 23, 2012

Good, diverse show with scary season finales

This show is addictive, fun to watch, and has admirable, kind characters. After all, the director and writer, Shonda Rhimes, decided to create Grey's since TV was lacking a diverse medical drama. However, the scenes of surgery are often graphic, but not scary enough to disturb kids over the age of 11 or 12. Even so, in just about every season finale, there is a violent scene of death, murder, or other injuries. If I was a parent, I would try to avoid letting my child watch any of the season finales, especially the season 8 finale, but the rest of the episodes should be fine for ages 12 & up.
Parent Written byLeenaChen June 6, 2012

Great Show, save for older kids

First off, why are children posting what age they think should be able to watch it? Grey's Anatomy is an unbelievably gripping show. The writers are dedicated to portraying diverse characters of different ethnicities, sexual orientations, economic backgrounds, and religions. However, this show is a no-go for young children. The characters turn to alcohol to solve their problems, and everyone has had sex with everyone. I just don't think younger kids should be watching shows with "screaming orgasms." There is cursing, but it is not usually over the top. There was a violent episode in season six in which a man shot and killed 11 people in the hospital, and the surgery scenes may be graphic for some too.
Kid, 12 years old March 23, 2012

The Best Ever!!!!!

I love this show! it has some sex scenes, but nothing is shown.
Parent Written byfirstavenger11 February 12, 2012

Greys anatomy

Teen, 13 years old Written byforevergrey January 11, 2012

BEST SHOW EVER!!!

OK, this best show of all time in my opinion, it has a bunch of awesome, suspenseful characters and you will always want to watch more...but be warned this has made me cry because of the things in there, like this one episode this 13 year old threw her baby in the trash can, and he almost died, and this other episode this woman had to die because there was a pole threw her, and they couldn't get it out without killing one of the people...... but there are happy moments too... also theres language in here like screw and bith, pretty much the most common swear words and they show the surgery's too. but overall you really should watch this show...
Teen, 13 years old Written byResidentEvilPotter January 7, 2012

Definitely Worth Watching, A Lot of Drama

I really hope that's not what's happening during surgery. Anyway, most of the doctors are positive role models and are working to save lives. A lot of the operations they perform are shown, and most are graphic. If you can handle blood and internal organs and things, you should be fine. Great show. Better than Scrubs.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysuperprincess24 October 27, 2011

wow!

well my mom loves it and watches it alot, but i kida like it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybonesfan101 August 20, 2011

great drama

am compelling drama about the lives of young doctors. has some sexual scenes and gory surgeries.
Kid, 11 years old January 13, 2011

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love it!!!! Christina is my fae character.
Kid, 12 years old March 7, 2010

i love it so much but my mom told me not to watch it bec theres a lot of sex but i think the sex is apporiate for my age im 13 now well going so yeah and the sex is no that intense like doing extreme stuff unlike nip/tuck,american pie .... they dont show private bodies and i started watching this for like when i was 8. also many ppl say its apporiate for my age and i should convience my mom that its ok for my age....
Kid, 12 years old February 27, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written byUmmmmm... August 1, 2009

perfect for all ages over 6

I LOVVVVEEE GREYS and so does my mom
Kid, 11 years old December 22, 2008

I ? this show!

I am 11 and I don't think its that horribly innapropriate, but of course most kids whose parents actually go on this site wouldn't let them watch it, but I love it. I think it's a good show that both me and my mom can enjoy together.