All member reviews for Grey's Anatomy

Medical soap is gripping -- and occasionally graphic.

Age

Parent Written byLeenaChen June 6, 2012

Great Show, save for older kids

First off, why are children posting what age they think should be able to watch it? Grey's Anatomy is an unbelievably gripping show. The writers are dedicated to portraying diverse characters of different ethnicities, sexual orientations, economic backgrounds, and religions. However, this show is a no-go for young children. The characters turn to alcohol to solve their problems, and everyone has had sex with everyone. I just don't think younger kids should be watching shows with "screaming orgasms." There is cursing, but it is not usually over the top. There was a violent episode in season six in which a man shot and killed 11 people in the hospital, and the surgery scenes may be graphic for some too.
Kid, 12 years old March 23, 2012

The Best Ever!!!!!

I love this show! it has some sex scenes, but nothing is shown.
Parent Written byfirstavenger11 February 12, 2012

Greys anatomy

Teen, 13 years old Written byforevergrey January 11, 2012

BEST SHOW EVER!!!

OK, this best show of all time in my opinion, it has a bunch of awesome, suspenseful characters and you will always want to watch more...but be warned this has made me cry because of the things in there, like this one episode this 13 year old threw her baby in the trash can, and he almost died, and this other episode this woman had to die because there was a pole threw her, and they couldn't get it out without killing one of the people...... but there are happy moments too... also theres language in here like screw and bith, pretty much the most common swear words and they show the surgery's too. but overall you really should watch this show...
Teen, 13 years old Written byResidentEvilPotter January 7, 2012

Definitely Worth Watching, A Lot of Drama

I really hope that's not what's happening during surgery. Anyway, most of the doctors are positive role models and are working to save lives. A lot of the operations they perform are shown, and most are graphic. If you can handle blood and internal organs and things, you should be fine. Great show. Better than Scrubs.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysuperprincess24 October 27, 2011

wow!

well my mom loves it and watches it alot, but i kida like it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybonesfan101 August 20, 2011

great drama

am compelling drama about the lives of young doctors. has some sexual scenes and gory surgeries.
Kid, 11 years old January 13, 2011

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love it!!!! Christina is my fae character.
Kid, 12 years old March 7, 2010

i love it so much but my mom told me not to watch it bec theres a lot of sex but i think the sex is apporiate for my age im 13 now well going so yeah and the sex is no that intense like doing extreme stuff unlike nip/tuck,american pie .... they dont show private bodies and i started watching this for like when i was 8. also many ppl say its apporiate for my age and i should convience my mom that its ok for my age....
Kid, 12 years old February 27, 2010

Adult Written bylemonlimetwist January 20, 2010

Very interesting, but not for kids

Grey's is a fascinating show from the medical standpoint and is almost worth watching for that reason alone. However, this is definitely not appropriate for kids under 15 or so due to the sexual content and complex dramas in the lives of the characters.
Teen, 13 years old Written byUmmmmm... August 1, 2009

perfect for all ages over 6

I LOVVVVEEE GREYS and so does my mom
Adult Written bycrap July 15, 2009

Life nor relationships can be defined in simply black or white, true life comes only in shades of Grey.

This show has everything, the drama, the suspense, and anyother positive word that you could possibly give. Of course, there is sexually natured doctors in here and for someone that I read, it does happen. Doctors are not Gods, they act like this. Doctor's drink, have sex, and sneak around like anyother person might do. The show has very realistic cuts and everything. The show has a role model for everyone, I think that the person that everyone could relate to, even men is Izzie. Christina also, they noth have troubles that you would not expect but that are real. This show has the best storylines and is down to earth. Everything that happens in this show is realistic and could happen to anyone.
Kid, 11 years old December 22, 2008

I ? this show!

I am 11 and I don't think its that horribly innapropriate, but of course most kids whose parents actually go on this site wouldn't let them watch it, but I love it. I think it's a good show that both me and my mom can enjoy together.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byalinzasmommy2006 December 20, 2008

BEST SHOW

This is personally my favorite show (I am 23). I don't think a 15 yr old should be watching it though. (as rated).... def. more for adults.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDCFC133 November 14, 2008

I love this show so much

Its getting a little boring in the fifth season, but the addition of some new characters has held my interest.
Adult Written bytootoolvr14 April 9, 2008

good show

there is some sex but its not a focal point of the show. most shows now a days involve sex as a minor plot to interest people sadly. Doctors have to make big desicions and have to show good morals. sometimes. I recomend.
Adult Written byhumzarizvi April 9, 2008

A great show!

Adult Written byspavards April 9, 2008

Only show I watch regularly!

I watch this with my (mature) daughters, one 13 and one almost 16. I still squirm at times in terms of my 13 year old watching some parts, however, realistically she is already aware of many of the situations. I try not to miss any opportunity to express my opinion about a character or plot if I feel it needs to be said. Believe me, they don't want to admit it, but we parents still have influence!
Teen, 16 years old Written byJiles April 9, 2008

Love it til the day its canceled (hopefully not any time soon)

Even though their are some agressive scenes in this show its still wonderful and I think mature 14 year olds should be able to watch it. I personaly like it b/c i want to become a doctor, so doctor shows intrest me a bunch! DO NOT LET YOUNG ONES WATCH SO!