All member reviews for Grey's Anatomy

Medical soap is gripping -- and occasionally graphic.

Kid, 9 years old September 14, 2012

Not appropriate for all ages.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymuffinman221 August 19, 2012

Fantastic show! But 14+.

This is everything a good medical show should be; gripping story lines, relatable characters and a focus on the positives and negatives in the life of a surgeon. I got really in to this show last year and watched all 8 seasons in about 2 months! As much as I love it, though, I have to say there is a lot of sex, and even my favorite characters have made some terrible judgement calls. With that said, I'm sure younger kids could watch the MAJORITY of these episodes, however the occasional episode will come about that is seriously for 14+ only. I think this distinction only requires good judgement by the parents.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylalalala87 July 23, 2012

Good, diverse show with scary season finales

This show is addictive, fun to watch, and has admirable, kind characters. After all, the director and writer, Shonda Rhimes, decided to create Grey's since TV was lacking a diverse medical drama. However, the scenes of surgery are often graphic, but not scary enough to disturb kids over the age of 11 or 12. Even so, in just about every season finale, there is a violent scene of death, murder, or other injuries. If I was a parent, I would try to avoid letting my child watch any of the season finales, especially the season 8 finale, but the rest of the episodes should be fine for ages 12 & up.
Kid, 12 years old March 23, 2012

The Best Ever!!!!!

I love this show! it has some sex scenes, but nothing is shown.
Teen, 13 years old Written byforevergrey January 11, 2012

BEST SHOW EVER!!!

OK, this best show of all time in my opinion, it has a bunch of awesome, suspenseful characters and you will always want to watch more...but be warned this has made me cry because of the things in there, like this one episode this 13 year old threw her baby in the trash can, and he almost died, and this other episode this woman had to die because there was a pole threw her, and they couldn't get it out without killing one of the people...... but there are happy moments too... also theres language in here like screw and bith, pretty much the most common swear words and they show the surgery's too. but overall you really should watch this show...
Teen, 13 years old Written byResidentEvilPotter January 7, 2012

Definitely Worth Watching, A Lot of Drama

I really hope that's not what's happening during surgery. Anyway, most of the doctors are positive role models and are working to save lives. A lot of the operations they perform are shown, and most are graphic. If you can handle blood and internal organs and things, you should be fine. Great show. Better than Scrubs.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysuperprincess24 October 27, 2011

wow!

well my mom loves it and watches it alot, but i kida like it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybonesfan101 August 20, 2011

great drama

am compelling drama about the lives of young doctors. has some sexual scenes and gory surgeries.
Kid, 11 years old January 13, 2011

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love it!!!! Christina is my fae character.
Kid, 12 years old March 7, 2010
i love it so much but my mom told me not to watch it bec theres a lot of sex but i think the sex is apporiate for my age im 13 now well going so yeah and the sex is no that intense like doing extreme stuff unlike nip/tuck,american pie .... they dont show private bodies and i started watching this for like when i was 8. also many ppl say its apporiate for my age and i should convience my mom that its ok for my age....
Kid, 12 years old February 27, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written byUmmmmm... August 1, 2009

perfect for all ages over 6

I LOVVVVEEE GREYS and so does my mom
Kid, 11 years old December 22, 2008

I ? this show!

I am 11 and I don't think its that horribly innapropriate, but of course most kids whose parents actually go on this site wouldn't let them watch it, but I love it. I think it's a good show that both me and my mom can enjoy together.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDCFC133 November 14, 2008

I love this show so much

Its getting a little boring in the fifth season, but the addition of some new characters has held my interest.
Adult Written bytootoolvr14 April 9, 2008

good show

there is some sex but its not a focal point of the show. most shows now a days involve sex as a minor plot to interest people sadly. Doctors have to make big desicions and have to show good morals. sometimes. I recomend.
Adult Written byhumzarizvi April 9, 2008

A great show!

Teen, 16 years old Written byJiles April 9, 2008

Love it til the day its canceled (hopefully not any time soon)

Even though their are some agressive scenes in this show its still wonderful and I think mature 14 year olds should be able to watch it. I personaly like it b/c i want to become a doctor, so doctor shows intrest me a bunch! DO NOT LET YOUNG ONES WATCH SO!
Teen, 17 years old Written byKimberly Wales April 9, 2008
Adult Written byelizaphan330 April 9, 2008

Great show for adults

Teen, 15 years old Written bywillbarchi April 9, 2008

I love grey's anatomy!

This is clever and touching and some of the characters are really funny. Some of the plots involve sex and drugs... One episode that comes to mind is a rape victim that bit of her attackers penis... We even get a glimpse of it. o.o!! Apart from that 14+ is accurate