All member reviews for Grimm

Fairy tale-inspired show has more blood than happy endings.

Adult Written bydr dew November 1, 2011

good but

i watched the first show of this and thought it was great but the more sencitive folks should just stick with once upon a time
Teen, 13 years old Written bytwilightluv101 December 11, 2011

great tv show!

its the best its violent and a little scary but good if u like fantasy
Parent Written byMCMarston March 22, 2012

Some episodes sex is very much applicable

There are at least 2 episodes with some very inappropriate sexual behavior for kids. In the episode with the three bears, a girl and her boyfriend break into someone's house and hook up in the bed. In the episode with the spider-woman, a woman is being sexually assaulted.
Kid, 10 years old August 29, 2012

THE BEST TV SHOW ON EARTH!!!!!!!

This is, believe me, THE BEST TV SHOW ON EARTH!!!! Ok it has some glimpes of body ripped apart, but then n the other hand, the story is supposed to be a detective who deals with all the crime and then finds out by his aunty that hes a Grimm and they can basically see things that other people cant for what people really are if you know what I mean!!!! And hes like a slayer a bit like Buffy I suppose! In the second episode which I would give a miss because 1 its not very good- 2 the acting is soooo poor!- and 3 it has a sex scene which is not nice where a character dresses down to her underwear [Girl - Of course!] and well uno what happens then and throughout the season there is a small mention about weed drugs and also some of the characters smoke cigars! But if you wanna see it dont give it a miss and just remember 11 and up!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byeheind May 30, 2012

My favorite show ever.

Ever since i started watching the show, i was hooked. Some scenes might be a little scary for younger viewers. This includes a scene in which the police find a dismembered foot in a crime scene and a scene in which the main character(Nick) sends the heads of two Reapers to the Person who sent them to assassinate him. One episode circles around creatures who kidnap teens off the street to harvest their organs. Drugs can be found in a couple episodes. One example is when Nick tracks down a couple of drug addicts who murdered a store owner to get some things to make a drug legally. Other than that, this show is amazing. I watch it with my dad whenever the next episode is on. I highly recomend this show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHightech Redneck April 3, 2014

And they did not all live happily ever after...

If you are looking for action, mystery and monsters, what are you waiting for? Watch it! Not for small children because of monsters, violence and blood. But if you want action, sci-fi, horror and mystery all in one show watch it. Watch from the first episode though, if you don't you will just find this confusing and stupid.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCriminal_Minds November 5, 2011

Decent Show!!!!

With all these police procedural's out there, this adds a new creative twist to it, which makes it much more enjoyable and sticks out from the rest. No sexual things i can think of (other than couples kissing, and a guy with no shirt on. Nothing bad.). It can get a little iffy sometimes, because for the younger viewers, they might be frightened by the creatures(they can get scary-looking and can show up at unexpected times that might make you jump). As for violence, It's a cop show, so there are deaths involved. guns and showed. The creatures are particularly...err....vicious. they attack humans and in the last episode, one of the creatures ripped a guys arm off on screen. I was NOT expecting that. lol. but Its still a really good show! I recommend you watching this!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byVideoGameTeller101 May 30, 2014

Grimm Talk

Awesome! I started watching this show a long time ago, and wasn't scary at all! May have some sex scenes, in one episode Captain Renard was kissing Aadalind and took off her shirt. In another episode Juliet ripped off Captain Renard's Shirt. Also in one episode Nick found an almost naked girl in his bed. Also has lots of drugs though there's a tea and drug shop in the show as well. Also has lots of violence, but that's what makes it epic!
Kid, 12 years old May 2, 2012

Very good show for people with a strong stomach

I love watching Grimm. The only thing is that in some (or to be honest, most) episodes there are some things that with make your stomach roll. But it is very interesting and every time an episode ends, I can't wait for the other. There are some scenes were adults get into bed with others, implying sex, but they do not show it. Thankfully, sometimes they hide when the victims are being attacked... but they also sometimes show the remains. Be careful when watching this. You should know what things are appropriate for your kids. if you are a bit over-protective about what your kids watch, this is NOT the show for them.
Adult Written byliliaeth January 26, 2012

Why I love Grimm

I really like this show, the characters are well written and interesting in a way that makes you want to know more about them. But most importantly, this show does one thing that most sci fi fantasy shows ignore. They don't make the mistake of defining the creatures by their species. Even the non-humans are treated as people with their own distinct personalities and behavior that goes beyond their species, they are defined by their own choices, by who they are, not just by what they are. Nick treats all of the creatures as people first, instead of judging them by what they are. He's a genuintely nice guy and a good cop. He lacks the cocky arrogance that's becoming far too common in male leads and is a good role model for young boys to follow.
Kid, 10 years old February 27, 2015

Awesome

It is a reall good show might be scary at sometimes but if you kids are not that scared of monster and blood it will be okay for them not that much sex a bit of swearing. The viloence Is not very bad a bit of body parts sometimes come off mostly just blood.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLynn14 April 3, 2014

watch it!

I really love this show, you should give it a try. But if you can't handle blood it isn't for you.
Parent Written byweezywal November 9, 2012

Definitely one of the best shows on network TV for sure.

Parent Written byDark_Princess May 14, 2012

Parent Written bydavidr1 June 18, 2015

Sensationalist and Filled with sexual propaganda

First of all this series is filled with references that suggest that sexual deviancy is to be accepted as normal. The tone of the series has changed to one that could be described as insanity. The nature of the characters are twisting in a vain attempt to create interest. It has taken a dark and cruel turn. I would certainly forbid children from watching, especially without supervision to ensure that the child understands this series openly presents homosexuality as normal. Younger children may have difficulty understanding the personality changes happening to the characters. Definitely an adult show. Very poor role models.
Parent Written bymolly_dog January 8, 2015

It is what it is

Following in the footsteps of movies like "Underworld" & shows like "The Walking Dead", for some, "Grimm" is an acquired taste. Personally, I like the show, despite the leaps of faith one simply must take to accept the sometimes laughable emphasis the show places on police procedures. The characters are likeable, the writing is quite good & the entire concept is highly creative. Just as anthropology is discovering that history doesn't quite jibe with what we've always been taught, "Grimm" puts a neat spin on the classic fairy tales. Is it for kids under age 14-15? No, it isn't. So if you're a parent who allows the TV to be your babysitter, you're going to be in a bit of trouble. Much like "South Park" which caused an uproar back in the 90s, despite its blatant opening disclaimer, "Grimm" is designed for older teens & adults.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybyefelicia November 24, 2014

Teen, 15 years old Written bySaad1Khan November 23, 2014

Cool it!

Contains no nudity or sexual theme.Violence is real and use of spam words e.g. ass and damn.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDiana22 September 21, 2014

There are some kisses and couple romances.

I think parents need to know that the main character and his girlfriend are living together. Also his friend is going to marry someone.
Teen, 15 years old Written byShaymin Squirrel August 19, 2014

Grimm

I like the idea that they weren't fairy tales but warnings, and it's not one of those shows that stuffs the episodes full of as much gore as possible or feels the need to explain everything we find out instantly - you'll often hear of something and have no idea about what it could be for episodes as you find out what's going on at the same time as the characters do