All member reviews for Guess How Much I Love You

Endearing book-inspired series centers on curiosity, love.

Parent Written bydewfactor February 19, 2013

Character driven problem solving

We started watching this show by accident, because our son adores the book on which the series is (loosely) based, and continued watching because the show has great messages for little children learning how to interact with non-family members, including friends and strangers. Little Nut Brown Hare and his friends encounter various obstacles, frustrating and otherwise, and figure out how to problem-solve, in two episodes per half-hour show (this is great, btw, because if you record the show, you can dole out the halves in manageable 15-minute increments, allowing you to feel virtuous and in control) (both of which are illusory in our case, but we'll take what we can get). Big Nut Brown Hare is there mainly to articulate what has happened, or to answer questions, but the emphasis is on the little woodland creatures' ability to make sense of the challenges they face, in a preschooler-appropriate context, with age-appropriate vocabulary and concepts. The animation is nice, and the music is sweet.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMegan M. March 11, 2013

Love it!

This is one of my favorite shows ever! It's not just for preschoolers, I love it so much but everyone says I'm too old to watch it because I'm 13. This tv show can touch anyone.
Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written byloved February 27, 2015
I stumbled upon the books by chance one Easter, many years ago. And then one day found my eldest son watching this on Disney Jr. It reminded me of Little Bear, in that the characters are named after their respective species. But also in that the program is very peaceful, and great programming in the late hours, early hours, or even a lazy afternoon. A mother figure is not present, but is sort of substituted through the character of Blue Bird, who offers maternal-like advice to Little Nutbrown Hare and friends. Other parental figures include, Big Nutbrown Hare, a relaxed father, and Little White Owl, an allegorical storyteller. The program fills out its 11-12 minutes episode span rather briskly.
Parent Written bydoodle_doodle May 31, 2016

Great animations and fun

I like that the characters have fun and are loving to one another. They aren't snarky, mean, sassy etc. he animation is calm, beautiful, and relaxing.
Parent Written byViannaR June 21, 2014

Wonderful, sweet gorgeous animation

Thank you Common Sense Media! I found this program here and we love it. It's wholesome, childhood-centered and has a lovely pacing. The sound quality is beautiful, unlike the very frenetic pace and sounds often present in shows for preschool children. The voicings are perfect and characters endearing. I only wish I understood why the mama hare isn't there...!