All member reviews for H2O: Just Add Water

Aussie mermaids send positive messages to tweens.

Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2011

Great show!

It's a great show! One of my favorites!
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 June 15, 2010

Drama for tweens

As a mermaid fan, I think this show is pretty good! It can be cheesy at times, but I find it very entertaining. This is a tween show so it's not that innapropriate. There isn't really violence, though the drama in the show makes it tense at times. There is a good bit of kissing, but it's not really sexual. However, in a few episodes some girls wear some reaving outfits, and sometimes the girls wear bikinis. More romance in season 3. The role models are pretty good; Cleo, Emma, Ricky (and later Bella, who replaces Emma) value friendship and work together. They do, however, lie to their parents once they get their powers, but they're mostly good role models. If you like mermaids you'll probably like this show.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

H2O is a great show! I watch it everytime I can! It's just fantastic!

Crikey, it's the first Nickelodeon show with Aussies in it!

It's an age-appropriate show, but you have to admit, the accents can be a little bit annoying after awhile. My friends and I LOVE to imitate the characters. XD All in all, it's a well-written show and has a very interesting plot.
Adult Written byPROACTIVE April 9, 2008

GOOD JOB

ONE OF THE BEST SHOW FOR THE OVER 5 AGE GROUP. YOUNG PEOPLE PROBLEM SOLVING
Teen, 13 years old Written byPink_Angel March 3, 2015

Bad show

On some episodes they have counterfeits and bad guys. Bella (season 3) called Sophie the B word when she heard that she stole her idea. lots of kissing, name calling, dating issues, etc. Not for anybody 12 and under. Oh and it teaches kids to lie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byravenclawforever February 16, 2015

Best Show

Great show. Lots of love triangles. Geared for tweens and young teens.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDaredevilwolfgirl February 4, 2015

Good show!

I have watched this show since I was about 8, but one thing your daughter (or son, if that's the case) MUST know is that there are a few scenes where the female steriotype is being portrayed, but most of the time, the "Girl Power!!" theme stays true to itself, don't get me wrong. But talking to them about the syeriotypes and the real "Girl Power" is. A good benefit to H2O, though, is that there very much is the truth about the whole going out boyfriend and girlfriend thing. Most kids think that's what you have to do to become "cool" and "popular," but along the main storyline of the show, is that it demonstrates the hardships and what comes with "going out." There isn't sexual content or anything, or dating, which is good, as well. I have used this information throughout my 13 years, and so far have seen through the strangeness of how immature kids are about the boyfriend-girlfriend thing.
Kid, 10 years old October 19, 2014

Humorous and Positive For Girls

I would spend hours and hours watching this show If I had too because this show gives you a positive message in every episode. The characters are absolutely amazing and good at acting. They do so well with the mermaid tails (which is so cute!!) . I would never say anything bad about this beautiful show.
Parent Written byvjenkins1970 June 5, 2014

H20: Just Add Water's "Moon Spell Espisode (S1:E7)"

My 9 year old daughter watches, er, used to watch this show. That was before I walked into the family tv room and found her watching two teenage characters make out in the "Moon Spell" episode. I was shocked. Parents, please be more discerning. This is not, definitely not, age appropriate content for young children or pre-teens.
Teen, 14 years old Written byally March 21, 2014

AWESOME SHOW!

it is a good show me and my sister are hooked on it there is some kissing in some episodes but it mosty happens when the girls are under the infulense of the full moon and do not remeber it after
Parent Written byleekp February 16, 2014

Quality declined over time, but still better than Disney

This series ran for 3 seasons. My 9 year old and I loved the show, but it did include increasing amounts of dating, worrying about dating, arguing about boys, and general drama as the series progressed. As the series begin, there are three nice young girls (teens) who unexpectedly turn into mermaids. They wrestle with issues relating to this and find their way as they straddle the land/sea worlds they now inhabit. For us, the show remained interesting through season 2, but we tuned out after watching the first episode of season 3. This was because of the increasing focus on dating and romance that started in season 2. The show became very much like a sanitized teen soap opera. Someone was always arguing with someone over something minor, characters flip flopped between good and bad behavior and the girls focused increasingly on boys, boys, boys. Still, the girls are still relatively strong and interesting characters, as is their friend Lewis, although the character development is uneven. Some of the traits presented originally seem to fade away as the season goes on. Emma, for example, is from a tight family but seems to grow farther and farther from them without any clear reason. This was disappointing to us - we wanted her to share her secret with her family, instead of lying to them. In the early episodes, lying to her family was a huge problem for her, by season 2, it was not an issue at all. In general, as this show progresses, the girls become more focused on their looks (more makeup, less clothing) and boys (more relationship drama) and less on the things that used to matter to them (family, school, friendship, honesty). One nice thing however is that Charlotte (introduced in season 2) is refreshingly healthy in size for a TV actress. She is less slim than the other girls and in a healthy athletic way. On the flip side, Cleo gets very thin in this season, near skeletal - this disturbed us - she really looked ill; but Charlotte is a nice counter to this. (In season 1, all three girls are relatively healthy and natural. The main hang out for the show is a fresh juice shop.) It was a shame the writers and producers took this show from what could have been a really healthy show about healthy girls and turned it into a run of the mill teen soap opera. It was fun to watch for a while but, for us, it lost its appeal. We can, however, highly recommend the spin off - Mako Mermaids! See my review for that - it's a much better choice for young viewers!
Teen, 13 years old Written byPercyJacksonlvr16 January 13, 2014

Teens POV

I think, from a teens pov, it is a bit cheesy, but very enjoyable if u just want to relax. I don't think parents have anything to worry about in this comedy.
Kid, 10 years old January 6, 2014

I love it except....

I love this show to death! Its so awesome! i watched all three seasons in 2 days too! It has good role modles for the most part, except for this one jerky guy. But one really important thing that i should let you know is............ Cleo calls Charlotte the "b word" in season 2 and its hard to notice unless you have ur "cc" on tho. Plus they use the word "hell" but not like "WTH" its like that was one "you know what" of a kiss or whatever . But thats it........... BYE :)
Parent of a 7 and 12 year old Written byMonicaMom September 23, 2013

Great show, better than most aimed at tween/teen girls

I've found it very difficult to find appropriate television shows for my 12-year-old daughter. She began watching this show when she was about 10 years old and I thought it was fine for her then, with positive messages -- much better than most TV shows I've seen aimed at tween/teen girls. Now at 12 years old she still enjoys it and I'm glad!
Kid, 12 years old August 7, 2013

Loved it

I love this show. It's a great fantasy show for kids and teens.
Teen, 15 years old Written byLuvMovies101 July 9, 2013

Great!!

I love this show and the reason why I say it should be 9 years and up is because kids probably won't understand it unless they are around 9 or older. It gives great messages!
Kid, 9 years old July 7, 2013

A really good tv show

I really like this tv show! I am not a big fan of mermaids but... This show makes me want to like them! In in this show there is not only mermaids there is love, mysteries, and magic. There is some kissing and gross parts And sometimes even bad language But other then that it is a really good show! Hope you enjoy JUST ADD WATER!
Teen, 14 years old Written byallisonsheehan June 26, 2013

Great Show and Still Love It!

This is a great show for young children into water, the ocean, and sea life. Positive role models and messages. I highly recommend this to families.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNarwhalLover13 June 23, 2013

Best Series Ever!

I love this series so much! I watched all the 3 seasons in two days! I am kinda obsessed with them. It would be so hard to be a mermaid, but so fun.