All member reviews for H2O: Just Add Water

Aussie mermaids send positive messages to tweens.

Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2011

Great show!

It's a great show! One of my favorites!
Kid, 10 years old October 19, 2014

Humorous and Positive For Girls

I would spend hours and hours watching this show If I had too because this show gives you a positive message in every episode. The characters are absolutely amazing and good at acting. They do so well with the mermaid tails (which is so cute!!) . I would never say anything bad about this beautiful show.
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written bySymezcat March 18, 2013

Communiucation with your child is important

My daughter is 6 and she loves it. Barbie has come out with Mermaid movies and dolls and this is just a non-animated version. There are definitely some scene that have flirting but it is not hard-core and more boy meets girl kinda stuff. I mean really, some Disney movies are way worse than this one when it comes to flirting and boy ends up with girl married scenarios. I have a very open communication relationship with my daughter and she will ask questions if she has them, and as long as you explain to them that mermaids are not real and they understand the fantasy side of things, it is all good. As far as adult content, they are always exposed to it and this is just a better way of them seeing it then many other shows on YTV. Parents do more affection in front of their kids then this show does lol
Parent Written byCatholicmom61214 February 19, 2012

From a wary Catholic Mother

This is a great show, it sends a positive message of faith in ones self and friends, and honor of thy mother and father. The character Emma honors her parents rules greatly and expresses a no lying policy with her whole family. She is responsible and polite to her brother and others. Cleo is the sensitive one who has a off and on boyfriend who respects her and is appropriate. She honors her father who is very protective. Rikki show a little rebellion and is scene as a bit of comic relief. She helps the others come out of their shell in an appropriate way and try new things. Great show, I am a Catholic mother with a teen daughter and deem this show to have a great message.
Kid, 11 years old January 5, 2012

Watch it!!

I really love this show I watch it all the time. Cleo, Emma, Rikki (and later Bella) show a positive attitude. I strongly recommend for ages 6-7 and+ I hope all of you like it as much as I do!
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymtpgraham December 27, 2011

Completely smitten!

My eight-year-old and I are in love with this show! The mermaid characters are complex and endearing. They rely on each other to negotiate all of the normal tween issues with friends, families, coworkers and yes, even some enemies. Every action they take has its own natural consequences. Plus they get to be mermaids, which isn't always easy.
Adult Written bykaitlynanne November 15, 2011

Good for all ages

I love this show because my 18 year old, 14 year old and 6 year old all watch it together and are entertained. Nobody complains and there is no fights about what we are gunna watch. If you really like this try another aussie show called Mortified. Its very similar but the main character is a little younger.
Kid, 12 years old March 31, 2016

Magic!

I watched a few episodes of this one day, and I liked it. There were some intense parts and I got tired of hearing the Aussie accent, but it was fun! I mean, what tween wouldn't like a show about three teens that get transformed into mermaids whenever they come in contact with water? I did get bored after an hour of watching it, but I would definitely watch more. It's sooo magical! And I've been TRYING to find a show that's good for tweens. It's really fun and cool! Girls 11 and up will really like this show.
Kid, 10 years old March 30, 2016

Amazing

This is a great show with positive messages and is amazing.
Parent Written byleekp February 16, 2014

Quality declined over time, but still better than Disney

This series ran for 3 seasons. My 9 year old and I loved the show, but it did include increasing amounts of dating, worrying about dating, arguing about boys, and general drama as the series progressed. As the series begin, there are three nice young girls (teens) who unexpectedly turn into mermaids. They wrestle with issues relating to this and find their way as they straddle the land/sea worlds they now inhabit. For us, the show remained interesting through season 2, but we tuned out after watching the first episode of season 3. This was because of the increasing focus on dating and romance that started in season 2. The show became very much like a sanitized teen soap opera. Someone was always arguing with someone over something minor, characters flip flopped between good and bad behavior and the girls focused increasingly on boys, boys, boys. Still, the girls are still relatively strong and interesting characters, as is their friend Lewis, although the character development is uneven. Some of the traits presented originally seem to fade away as the season goes on. Emma, for example, is from a tight family but seems to grow farther and farther from them without any clear reason. This was disappointing to us - we wanted her to share her secret with her family, instead of lying to them. In the early episodes, lying to her family was a huge problem for her, by season 2, it was not an issue at all. In general, as this show progresses, the girls become more focused on their looks (more makeup, less clothing) and boys (more relationship drama) and less on the things that used to matter to them (family, school, friendship, honesty). One nice thing however is that Charlotte (introduced in season 2) is refreshingly healthy in size for a TV actress. She is less slim than the other girls and in a healthy athletic way. On the flip side, Cleo gets very thin in this season, near skeletal - this disturbed us - she really looked ill; but Charlotte is a nice counter to this. (In season 1, all three girls are relatively healthy and natural. The main hang out for the show is a fresh juice shop.) It was a shame the writers and producers took this show from what could have been a really healthy show about healthy girls and turned it into a run of the mill teen soap opera. It was fun to watch for a while but, for us, it lost its appeal. We can, however, highly recommend the spin off - Mako Mermaids! See my review for that - it's a much better choice for young viewers!
Parent Written byBate_Kiko March 6, 2013

Jonathan M Shif

I read all reviews and everyone sayd that it's "Nick" or "Disney" production but it's ten television and Jonathan M Shif production and it's my favorite series. I think in some ways is better than "Two and half men" and some other family series
Teen, 13 years old Written byoliviazj April 28, 2012

Just add water!

Hahaha great show no matter what age!
Parent of a 12 year old Written byMaryJoy November 4, 2011

Worth watching.

Australian based TV. My 11 year old daughter and I enjoyed watching this together. There are some teen relationship issues, but fairly mild. There is some minor peril, but generally speaking the over all theme is about teen girls finding a way to be themselves in the context of various pressures to be otherwise.

Crikey, it's the first Nickelodeon show with Aussies in it!

It's an age-appropriate show, but you have to admit, the accents can be a little bit annoying after awhile. My friends and I LOVE to imitate the characters. XD All in all, it's a well-written show and has a very interesting plot.
Adult Written byPROACTIVE April 9, 2008

GOOD JOB

ONE OF THE BEST SHOW FOR THE OVER 5 AGE GROUP. YOUNG PEOPLE PROBLEM SOLVING
Teen, 13 years old Written byowleyes1316 September 1, 2016

Okay show

There's nothing really inappropriate about this show. The girls are mermaids, so they're essentially wearing bikinis. And there's dating and boy-girl stuff, but that's really it.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bySirenita7 July 26, 2016

Fun

Is a good show and I really wish they put it back on Tv, it doesn't have any negative message.
Parent of a 9, 11, 12, 14, and 16 year old Written byMum5kids June 19, 2016

A very show

I think that all kid should watch it they have very good boys in it Lewis is a great boyfriend I don't think zane is they never swear there in bikinis and they kiss little bit if you don't like those things that don't think you should watch They swim mermaid tales it's very imaginative and you want your child tohave a machination they are good role model I don't care about their appearance very much they mostly care what's inside of them it's funny and caring and sweet I think that everyone should watch it who doesn't like mermaids
Teen, 14 years old Written byCloverSong May 5, 2016