All member reviews for Happy Town

Dark drama is intriguing -- but too intense for most kids.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybubbleboy May 10, 2010

Is it Good? Not Really. Intriguing? Absolutely

"Happy Town" is that show that you won't admit that you tune into every week. It's like "The People's Court" or Twinkies...you know it's bad for you, but you just can't leave it alone. The ridiculously overstuffed story involves such elements as missing children, questionable identities, an elusive kidnapper, a romeo-and-juliet love story, and one darn creepy old lady. All of the stock cliches that you'd expect...and that you lap up every single time. If I explained any of this in detail, I would likely use up the majority of my computer memory, so I will refrain. What I will say is this: the show is horribly written. HORRIBLY. In the pilot episode, characters spew exposition in a foreign tongue that doesn't even slightly resemble the English language (I can fell safe saying no one has ever uttered the immortal phrase "I love you so much, sometimes I don't know what day it is." in a serious context) and in the second episode it is simply clunky. Then why, do you ask, the three star rating? Because I can't take my eyes off of it. Even as I cringe at the writing, I'm enthralled by the goings-on (Who is the "Mystery Man"? Why does he do this? Why are the birds so mean? Who is Chloe? What the heck is that hammer thing? Why is that realtor so darn perky?). The show knows how to end an episode leaving you wanting more. It's the ultimate guilty pleasure show--think a TV B-movie for today's day and age. (CONTENT: Very dark tone *Well atmoshpered, I might add* and occasional violence. Any teen should be completely fine.)
Kid, 10 years old January 12, 2015

Scary as hell!!!

Happy Town definitely shouldn't be a 12 (the official age rating of it). I watched one episode and it scared the life out of me. To be honest I think it should be a 15 or possibly even an 18 for the episode. Overall, I don't think it's worth watching because it's rubbish and also kind of terrifying!