All member reviews for Harper's Island

Teen, 15 years old Written byACDude800 July 13, 2009

Meh.

This mystery series takes some time to get going since its early episodes are more slasher than mystery, but when the mystery kicks in during Episode 5, it's a great ride. However, around Episode 11, it devolves back into slasher territory and never recovers. Okay for mystery fans, but slasher fans (which I am not) will eat it up. Violence is somewhere between PG-13 and R; a little sexual content (including some disturbing sexual themes introduced in the last episode); little profanity.
Kid, 12 years old July 18, 2009

I love this show so much! Best show ever! Great!
Teen, 14 years old Written byJ-dog21 July 14, 2009

Favorite show...eva

Great murder mystery, just a litttle violent
Teen, 13 years old Written byizzielizzie9 June 18, 2010

One of my favorite shows

this is one of my favorite shows, even better than happy town, and i wish it had gone longer.
Kid, 12 years old July 20, 2009

Great amazing SHOW!

Awesome show...a little gory but it's ok for like 13 year olds probably...there are bad role models because people kill people.
Kid, 12 years old June 18, 2010

ok but scary and gory and sad

it was ok i saw it last year and it was pretty scary and the last few episiods were really sad and every episiod was gross this show really creeped me out but it was still ok
Teen, 15 years old Written byjanieohman January 30, 2010

amazing show!

i'm fifteen, but watched the show when i was thirteen. it was my absolute favorite show, i wouldn't dare miss it. i was so sad when it was over. it was extremmely violent, and very gorey. and pretty much a horror movie, cut itno hour long shows. i found it particulary scary in some episodes, sand others didn't phase me ay all. it does get much more scary toward theend of the season. and one episode was sad, and brought tears to my eyes. i'm not sure how parents would feel about it, but i think twleve year olds could handle it, there's nothing traumatixing in to. i would recomend it to anybody about twleve that likes horror movies, it's an amazing show.
Kid, 10 years old July 10, 2009

IM TEN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! IT IS AN AWESOME MINI SERIES!
Teen, 13 years old Written byarmygirl0 July 5, 2009

I absolutely love this series. I will say that it is very gory, but if you want suspense, this is definitely for you. And there actually is some good stuff about love in it. When the guys are always trying to protect their girlfriends/fiances, and the other girls when they finally know what's going on, and when, later in the series, one of the girls dies for her fiance. I'm actually 13, and I do admit that sometimes this series makes me flinch. But there is alot more to it than just blood, gore, and sex.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLovett May 16, 2009

Great mini series

I actually really liked this mini series sure it's a bit cheesy but it's pretty original I've never seen a slasher series before.It's kind of violent not to bad.It all depends on the parents.
Teen, 16 years old Written byPenguinPower14738 July 12, 2012

A Great, suspenseful, gory mystery thrill ride! (Not for the faint of heart!)

**Possible Spoilers!!**I really enjoyed this series. Yes, it is pretty predictable with the characters (good girl, flirty girl, outcast guy, etc) BUT it doesn't fall COMPLETELY to slasher stereotypes (Just because a young couple sneaks off into the beach to skinny dip doesn't mean they they will die!) The show keeps you guessing on who the killer is and who will die next. It DOES get pretty graphic. A guy gets his legs cut off (you see the torso part w/o the legs), a guy gets decapitated and his body parts are strung up on a string in a creek, lots of stabbings and shootings and hangings, character get burned alive, a guy get's harpooned, and a blade that falls from the ceiling and goes right into someones head in front of the whole family. It's still a great show and a REAL SHOCKING twist ending. I also liked that it was only a 13 episode miniseries so you know there will be a definite resolution and ending. If you are a fan of horror/mystery/thriller/moderate slasher films, this is the show for you! If you get really grossed out by deaths, might want to close your eyes a lot!