All member reviews for Hell on Wheels

Gritty drama revels in Wild West's vices and violence.

Parent Written byTrying2BagoodMOM September 19, 2013

My opinion....

I actually like this series, but disagree with the review in a couple different ways. First, I think that overall they don't show a lot of the actual sexual act, but the couple of times that they do show people having sex are enough for me to say it's not for kids. The other thing is that there's tons of drinking and obviously, if you're having several shots at one sitting, you're getting drunk. I am a little concerned at this point in the series as to how they will continue to portray Christianity. Whereas I do agree that we can criticize the way the people at the time 'evangelized' the settlers and indians, I do think that Christianity in it's purest form would have been a wonderful thing for both sides to have benefit from. If they could somehow show this and not 'throw the baby out with the bath water' it would be great.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykillerbadger19 January 17, 2015

An amazing and gritty look at the true "wild west"

This show focuses on a gunslinger named Cullen that is seeking revenge for the murder of his wife. It soon becomes much more that that as it deals with the creation of the trans-continental railroad and black slavery. This show is very brutal but rarely bloody mainly coming from the Native Americans. There is some moaning after sex but sex is nearly never shown and if it is, it's very mild and non graphic.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byLolzgangsta June 18, 2014

Great show

Violence happens fast. But aftermath is shown. I believe this is because they are trying to give it a TV-14 rating. This makes some of it seem a little cheesier. Personally thought it should've just been given a TV-MA rating to avoid this. Drinking every once in a while & little smoking. Sexuality includes lots of prostitution. Men are seen trusting and there is moaning but there is no nudity
Teen, 13 years old Written bydylandavidgeorge April 27, 2014

Amazing show!

Hell on Wheels is an amazing show made by AMC,The same people who produced The Walking Dead. The show is built around the building of the transcontinental railroad post civil war. The main character is a war scarred widower,seeking revenge for his wife who was killed by union soldiers. The show is very violent however,as seen in the first five minutes of the show when you see a soldier get shot through the head.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykitkatkowgirl August 19, 2012

EXTREMELY GRAPHIC VIOLENCE

light sexual content, not graphic, some drinking now and then, haven't noticed any smoking or anything like that, some language but in my house it is alot more tolerated then in others. To others it may be a quite sketchy show to watch but like i said a lot of these things are tolerated in my home due to the fact that the children are older. Now the violence is extremely gra[hic in some cases so I definitely would not reccomend it for smaller children.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhagrid21 December 22, 2011

New Western Hit!

Hell on Wheels is a great show. If you like western action and drama, I recommend it for you. Frequent blood/violence and frequent cursing including racial slurs. Prostitution and tame sexual encounters. Great, but not for tweens.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjmcraven December 6, 2011