All member reviews for Hercules

Better-than-average spinoff has heart AND brawn.

Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 February 25, 2011

Very good series

I used to watch this on toon Disney (which is sadly gone), and I really like it. Being more familiar with Greek mythology now, I get all the little references they make. I think it's set during when Hercules is being trained by Phil to become a hero. They made an error (Hades is after Hercules, but this is set before the movie and Hades doesn't know the Hercules is alive). But whatever, this series is good. There's some violence, but it's cartoonish, and rarely does anyone get hurt. There's also a little romance (high school crushes stuff), but it's not too bad.
Adult Written bynduns May 13, 2011

The only show better than its movie counterpart

The big problem I had with the Hercules movie is that the characters were really bland/2-dimensional and the story was predictable as can be. This cartoon, on the other hand, throws that out the window and not only makes Hercules, the BLANDEST lead character in a Disney Renaissance film interesting/likable but also gives us a good cast of other entertaining and interesting characters. Also, the deviations from the original mythology don't annoy me as much in this one.