All member reviews for Heroes

Hero-driven drama is "super" for teens and up.

Teen, 14 years old Written byRelleeStar May 17, 2011

Very gory

The plot is great and tge thrill and action is something you should really look forward too. However, the messages are kind of muddled and I have a hard time finding the truth in each story. Now the gore (Gosh, where do I start?), there is SO MUCH. Shooting, accidents, fires, stabbings, and one of the villains cuts off the tops of people's heads and eats their brains. XP. But it's a great show! Watcher beware, however, if you're not the kind who can handle that kind of gore. But it's Addicting to watch!
Teen, 17 years old Written byDie Afrikaaner February 16, 2010

Good show to relate too.

Everyone is saying these Heroes are role models and that they have flaws. No one is perfect. I found a hero that is my role model because we share the same ideas AND THE SAME FLAWS. People need to realize that role models are not always going to be perfect.
Adult Written byyami0204 April 9, 2008

Pure awesome, but definitely not for kids.

Heroes isn't exactly original, playing off many X-men-like scenarios and even including several powers similar to different mutants (Claire's regeneration abilities = Wolvie's regeneration abilities), but what makes it shine better than a comic book reads are the people's stories. Each character's unique perspective on their abilities and how they must change to harness these abilities to save the world from evil (be it Sylar or an exploding man). However, despite it being very good, it's not for little kids. I, as an adult, can barely handle some of the gore, so I would highly recommend parents to watch an episode or two before letting kids young than 13 or 14 attempt to watch it. Otherwise, it's really a very good drama and can't wait to see more of it! =D
Parent Written byChancho06 May 14, 2013

Beware of the Sex Category

This review was very well done and I appreciated it. One thing is lacking thou. In the "sex" category there needs to be more detail. One scene caught my wife and I off guard when we saw two main characters on a hidden camera feed in a sex position. It was apparent that no imagination was needed and you can see what they were doing. Overall the TV show is great, just be aware the initial episodes can be quite raunchy. It is a violent TV show. We are currently watching it on Netflix. We appreciate this website! Keep up the great work!
Parent of a 6 and 14 year old Written bysmita67 March 28, 2013

Great Show! Not For Kids

This is a show that I love to watch! But there are loads of things unsuitable for children 16 and under in the show.The site haven't given very much detail at all in their information, so I'll give you a better, detailed problems that Heroes contains. Gore - The villain cuts off new superheroes' heads in order to 'extract their power. This process is incredibly bloody and disturbing and occurs a lot throughout the show. Brain can be visible and screams of suffering and pain can be heard. One of the main protagonists suffers through various mutilations, yet can heal her wounds quickly. She suffers numerous incidents such as; jumping off bridges with a bad aftermath, sticking hands into a waste disposer, her head cut open in a failed attempt to steal her powers, dropped from heights, autopsied on (very bloody detail shown), burning her hand in an oven, attempting to cut off her toes with a kitchen scissor and many more! However, she quickly heals from all these incidents. Bloody stabbings, repeated puches to the head, a shooting to the eye and a man found dead without his cranium, and frozen in a fridge are only a few things in the show that lead to a blood-filled consequence. Violence - Blows to the head, action fights, bloodied scenes (a woman is found dead on a wall with knives that pierce through her body to keep her on the wall) and a scene with a man being painfully stabbed with paintbrushes, to keep him still on the floor. In all these scenes, suffering and pain is very clearly portrayed and a bit of sadism from the villain is shown during it. Horror - Not a lot of horror content in it. Some jumps, with scary, bloodied faces flashing on screen. However, mostly threat is involved in the show, with helpless victims running from the villain and failing to escape, before having their cranium painfully sliced off. Many beloved and innocent characters die in grotesque ways, which could upset younger teens. Language - Moderate uses of moderate language (Common sense media won't let me write it down). S*xual Content - Quit a lot of inappropriate content, including an attempt of r*pe upon the main protagonist (claire) towards the beggining, s*xual relationships between characters are obvious and one night stands often occur in early seasons. Often characters are found in bed with one another. In conclusion, the gore and violence in the show are graphic enough to turn stomaches of adults, let alone children. If your kids are strong enough to endure the pain and gore characters suffer through, then at the minimum 14 year olds may be able to watch it. But not any lower.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydreamer16 October 16, 2010

I adore this show. It tell you that you can a hero even if you don't have powers. There is some sexual stuff in the beginning of season 1 and lesbian what-not in season 4 but that's about it. Yes there is some violence and gore, but not so much that you vomit, but then again if you're very faint-hearted then stay away. If you're an X-Men fan (like moi) then this is the show for you!
Adult Written byHalfBloodPrincess May 29, 2012

If you can handle the violence, it's a great show

The main thing about this show that makes it inappropriate for some people is the violence, blood, and gore. A lot of people are murdered, most of them by having the tops of their heads cut off. One of the characters has the ability to heal from any injury almost instantaneously and some of the scenes where she does get injured aren't for the squeamish. Most of the time it's just blood and limbs bent in unnatural ways, but in some cases there are bones poking out through her skin or her internal organs are exposed. There's some sex, but it's not really a huge issue. If you/your child is old enough to handle the violence, they're probably old enough to handle the sex too. One character was an internet stripper for awhile and there are a few instances where sex is implied, but there's really nothing too graphic. If it's an issue, you can always just fast-forward the scenes. Language isn't too bad. "B****", "h***", "d***", that sort of thing. Again, if they can handle the violence, they should be able to handle the other stuff. Characters drink sometimes, but I can only recall one instance of really heavy drinking where a few guys (including a main character) get so drunk they all pass out. A minor is also drinking in this scene, but her body heals so fast that she can't get drunk. There's also a character who is addicted to heroin, but I wouldn't say that the show really promotes drugs or drinking at all, so it's likely not an issue. As for role models, nobody's perfect, and it's the same in this show. There are a lot of characters who definitely do not set a good example, but I find most of these characters unlikable anyway and it's unlikely that anybody's going to think of them as much of a role model. Certain characters make terrific role models though. Like I said, nobody's perfect, so they do make some bad choices or do really stupid things sometimes, but their hearts are usually in the right place. Also, just a warning, there's a lot of deaths in this show. Minor AND major characters. So if you're the type of person who turns into an emotion wreck every time your favourite character dies, this might not be the show for you.
Parent Written byMamaGump January 1, 2012

Very Gory & Racy

This is a far fetched modern day super hero series that is full of blood and guts. It has a lot of humor and a twisting storyline. It is extremely violent, has way too much inappropriate sexuality, and has all the drama of a soap opera. Having said that I think that it should be fine for the 15 and up crowd to handle. The scenes involving the stripper are way too racy for younger teens. Watching with my 15 year old, he absolutely loves it, but some scenes are just not comfortable to watch.
Teen, 14 years old Written byslasher23 September 5, 2010

brief sexual content.brief drug.some language.strong violence and gore
Parent of a 12 year old Written bysweetiemarch July 8, 2010

VERY gory! Do not watch if faint of heart!

VERY gory! I think that, what's her face, the girl who can regenerate goes a little crazy with testing her power and it gets really bloody! I also thought that the mobsters in the garage were pretty creepy! Our family only saw the first 2 episodes! Then we quit and started LOST! LOST is much better! :D
Parent of a 14 and 16 year old Written byroxxay February 11, 2010

very bad show. violent, sexual, very bad maybe for 17 plus
Teen, 15 years old Written bypatlaboon April 9, 2008

Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Super Scary!!!!

One of my friends watches this and said its really cool. So I watched the episode called 'Homecoming' and there is no way it is for kids in Elementary. I couldn't believe my friend watches this. THey cut off peoples heads, stab themselves with knives, etc. I had so many nightmares!!! I reccommend this for 13+ and trus t my words for all you people my age: it's scary!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHER0ES April 9, 2008

Heroes Review

Well, let's start off with my opinion of age group... I think this show is good for people over the age of 10, there's a lot of violence and graphic sites. And with Vol.III coming I see a lot of violence and death, my suggestion is watch the episodes before letting your kids watch them. In one episode a guy tried ripping a girls clothes off, and then she woke up naked so watch the shows before your kids do.
Educator Written byspencerl1 June 17, 2015

Teen, 13 years old Written byyespleasebroadway April 26, 2015

Enjoyable but gory

Fantastically written show with some GREAT acting, but there are some violent scenes that are really not suitable for younger kids. Also be prepared for sexual content; one of the characters, for instance, is a stripper.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymehdoe September 11, 2014

So Good!

i love this show one thing parents need to know is that Sylar can get a little freaky you might want to skip over the part with him and Claire it gets really nasty for a person under 12. anyway i am just hoping they come back with another season in 2015 im missing it so much T_T
Teen, 14 years old Written byR. Zrike July 10, 2014