All teen and kid member reviews for Hey Arnold!

Teen, 17 years old Written byToguro July 4, 2011

Other reviews aren't giving this show justice

I think that, as far as cartoons go in the last 15 years, Arnold is the cream of the crop, both in values and in entertainment. The characters are a bit wacky (Take Arnold's grandma as exhibit A), but in no ways are they nonsensical. The stories deal with real, pressing issues like disputes between friends, peir manipulation, crushes, and more serious issues like addiction (It's just chocolate!), dysfunctional families, war torn families, even alcoholism and adult illiteracy. All this in an easy to understand fashion that will entertain kids and adults. The main character, Arnold, is a cultured, empathetic, level headed kid, who isn't afraid to help someone in need. He serves as an admirable role model, to all the characters in the show, who are also admirable and relatable in their own ways. Now, the show is not without its blemishes. There is some language used, like "crap", and "crapola". And Helga, one of the shows central characters, deals with her unrequited love and family issues by tormenting other children. (Deep inside though, she really has a well meaning heart) But these marginal moments are mild and occasional. Overall, Are the characters regular? Not quite Is the story all clean pressed? Heck no. Is it realistic and worth viewing for your kids AND yourself? You bet the barn it is! The reality we must deal with is that nobody fits into a perfect mould. We're not barbie dolls. Nor is the world a perfect little place. I can't speak for everybody here, but if I was a parent, I would rather have my children watch this little jewel rather than the meaningless, modern day fiascos that air on Nickelodeon these days. And I, for one, will happily join them.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypseudonym46231 June 12, 2012

The best Nicktoon around!

This cartoon is a masterpiece. The writing is superb and almost always engages me without even trying. And I love the animation, it gives it that edgy street feel. It also manages to make me laugh a good bit, too. For some (INSANE) parents, the name-calling and pseudo-swears will be too much, but it's just words, and it'll be fine as long as your kids know not to say things like that. Anyone who says this show is bad for kids or stupid needs to have a bar of soap put into their mouth.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJacobBrandyDoggy December 13, 2012

If You Are Looking For A Great Show, It's Hey Arnold!

Hey Arnold is one of the most famous Cartoons in World History. Arnold is an average boy who helps his friends through problems. Unlike other cartoons these days, Arnold does not save the world in every episode, Arnold doesn't have superpowers, Arnold can Not use "Force Field" to help him through life, and Arnold does Not have "fairy god parents" to grant his every wish. He actually has to fix problems by using his mind and morals. That's what made this show such a hit. Take the Christmas episode for example: Unlike "other cartoons nowadays" trying to prove the existence of "Santa Clause", Hey Arnold goes beyond that and proves the existence of the human heart. It has great Morals and Values that kids now seemed to have lost.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDrCool May 30, 2012

I love Hey Arnold!

Hey Arnold is a really funny show! Why did Craig Bartlett ax it? Is he insane?! I've seen every episode of the show,and now it's canceled.Which makes me very sad.Craig should cancel Dinosaur Train (which sucks) and revive this! It's way better!
Teen, 16 years old Written byCornholita April 11, 2012

A Nickelodeon Classic! :D

Hey Arnold was my favorite when I was a kid. I was 5 or 6 years old when I first watched it. It was my first "big kids" show, (before I first watched Nicktoons, I only saw PBS Kids stuff) and I just fell in love with it! It'll always have a special place in my heart. Anyhow. Arnold is a very positive role model. He is a nice person, a good friend, and he always tries to help people he knows, friends, family members, etc., even though sometimes he would end up getting into trouble himself. Usually characters wold learn a moral lesson. Some episodes would also feature urban myths, (such as the episode The Headless Cabbie), but obviously they would turn out to be false, but either way, some kids might get a little scared or nervous of those sort of episodes, (not that I was scared when I was little XD). The main character Helga has a huge obsessive crush on Arnold, but she never shown it to anyone she knows, she always makes fun of Arnold in public, calling him names like FootBall Head, or HairBoy and stuff. I should warn that in a few episodes Helga has said the words "crap" or "crapola" but I don't remember specificly hearing them when I was a kid, I just saw when I watched the episodes on DVD. If you do hear it, just tell your kids not to say it because it's not nice. Helga has had a bad home life, her parents ignore her. The never said if out loud, but there has been suggestions of her mother being an alcholic (depressed, always falling asleep in random places, slurred talking, bad driving record), but again, I don't think younger kids would reconize such things until they're way older. I think it's a great, funny, interesting, old school, down to earth cartoon that kids will love.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTacoSpartan August 16, 2011

YOU FOOTBALL HEAD!

How is that name calling wrong? That made the show! THAT WAS THE PUNCHLINE! ER DUH! Anyways, Nickelodeon classic, you can't go wrong with it. :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byMattyboy675 July 5, 2009

A Show with Heart

Hey Arnold! is a definite Nicktoon classic that all kids will enjoy. This is one of my all-time favorite TV shows, along with The Simpsons, Family Guy, and King of the Hill. Very intersting storylines and artwork is what makes this show a must see for kids of all ages. And even for a non-educational show, there are things good for kids. You have good-hearted Arnold who always does what is right. The only bad thing is.. nothing! This show is perfect for all ages!
Teen, 16 years old Written byCartooniac817 November 12, 2014

Greatest show EVER!

Ok, this is possibly the best thing you can show your kids. I teaches loads of great messages, such as: Be grateful for what you have, respecting others, family first, and SO much more! Sure, there are some innuendoes and such, but overall, a great show for kids and adults.
Teen, 16 years old Written byEntertaimentCritic88 November 26, 2013

Hey Arnold rocks.

This show was awesome. The animation is nice, the characters crack me up, and I just love the theme song. HEEEEEEEEEY AAAAARRRNOOOOLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDD! *sighs* Man, I miss this show. Rugrats and Rocko's Modern Life are good too.
Teen, 15 years old Written byskeletonslife441 July 3, 2013

A really great show growing up...

Kid, 10 years old May 31, 2013

Move it, Football Head!

Really good, the funny, unique characters make the show interesting. Arnold is definitely a role model and somebody I'd want to be my friend. Gerald is a reliable friend most of the time. His urban legends make episodes interesting. Most characters are role models. Helga is kind of a role model as well, but her bullying is not something you want kids to copy. There is not only verbal bullying (dork, dweeb, football head, geek, nerd, loser), but there is also physical bullying (pushing, horseplay, punching). There are also things like "Save the foursquare court for me, Pheebs. If anyone tries to take it, tell them I'll rip their appendix out... the old fashioned way." This, along with frequent scary situations, could make the show too intense for youngsters. Kids are developing crushes (Arnold+Helga, Gerald+Phoebe, Harold+Big Patty). There are dangerous situations (Phoebe using a blowtorch, the gang standing at the top of a tree that's going to be demolished, etc.). There are breif scenes of slight smoking and drinking. Over all, this is a good cartoon which teaches kids life lessons.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMitchell Charleston May 11, 2013

Brilliant and funny.

Craig Bartlett has two shows. This one was his best job he has ever done. Dinosaur Train on the other hand is complete and utter crap. Hey Arnold was much more awesome. This show was so funny. I always laughed on-stop when I watched it. Great animation and acting as well.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySuperSonicSteve896 April 23, 2013

I miss this show!

Hey Arnold was super good. It was funny and had a great storyline. I love it. Anyways, what the heck happened to this show? In other words, why did those losers at Nickelodeon studios give this cartoon the ax? It was a perfect show. I loved everything about it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGateswing_Guy March 12, 2013

This is awesome!

This is way better than Craig Bartlett's other show Dinosaur Train. That show sucks, but this show was awesome! It is funny, creative, and just GREAT! The animation is really good, the opening is hilarious, the theme song is catchy, and the acting is superb! I totally recommend Hey Arnold! It is brilliant, mind-blowing, jaw dropping, and out of this world!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySockyChibi<3 September 22, 2012

what?

I don't remember "freakin'" and "crap" from "Hey Arnold!"
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy August 24, 2012

Fun show to watch!

Hey Arnold is a part of my childhood cartoons.When I was a kid,it was a great show! The animation itself is unique! The stories were fun and silly! This cartoon made my childhood,so did SpongeBob,Sesame Street,Blue's Clues,Johnny Bravo,Dexter's Laboratory,Ed Edd N Eddy,Ren &amp; Stimpy,The Angry Beavers,and more! EEEEEEYUUUUUUPPP! Hey Arnold is a funny show,for kids to grow up on!
Teen, 15 years old Written byCatholicamSoror33 August 19, 2012

Another one of Nickelodeon's best shows

Love this show! These old Nicktoons are perfect for kids of all ages to watch. Why cant we bring these shows back?
Kid, 10 years old August 12, 2012

Iffy for Nick shows, but not bad for kids still.

I was at my friend's house once. I had never watched the show, but my friend put it on anyway. It was funny. We watched two episodes. One of them was about two boys impressing some older girls at a dance, and the other was about baseball or something. I don't remember hearing "freakin" or "crap", but they might've said it and I forgot. Overall, great show! It's actually funny too. -Samantha (chocolatecake123)
Teen, 16 years old Written byDuper_Drew July 29, 2012

Now THIS is a show!

Hey Arnold was sooo funny! It is way better than Craig Bartlett's other show Dinosaur Train! The stories were excellent,and the animation was unique!
Teen, 14 years old Written byRich4270 July 12, 2012

Pretty good cartoon, a classic.

Though it should be rated TV-PG because of the words, cr*p and fr**kin'. Still good. Brings positive messages.