All member reviews for Hollyoaks

Kid, 11 years old April 2, 2014

Best Soap Around

Yes, Hollyoaks does have storylines that are not suitable for younger children, but how is that any different than say, the news? It does not say that any of these things are right, for example a girl recentley had a heart attack after taking drugs. It shows the backstory of everything, not just 'oh, we're dealing drugs because we're amaze', it shows why the characters have to do this, for example to get money to help their family, it shows the consequences also. The murders are never shown on screen, and when recently a baby died, you do not see her body or anything. The actors and actresses are brilliant in this show, they make me cry with laughter at times, and with sorrow at others. My favourite has to be Kieron Richardson, by far,who plays Ste Hay. He has done many storylines, including giving and recieving abuse, dealing drugs, underage sex, bereavement, and coming out. Great show!
Teen, 13 years old Written byaboy26 August 21, 2014

Guilty pleasure

I've watched this show ever since it made it's debut in 2007, my mum doesn't like this maybe it's because this reboot is more modern and entertaining for tweens and teens. and the manipulating and the greed is just the icing on the cake, the storylines are simple and not too complex like in other soap operas, so I recommend if you didn't watch this from the start and you're interested in watching it, to go on 4oD (If you're in the UK) and watch the episodes at the bottom and work yourselves up, it's one hell of a ride that shouldn't be missed
Teen, 15 years old Written byEllie Talbot November 21, 2012

Veiw on Hollyaks.

I think that Hollyoaks gives off alot of postive messages on what you can do if you are having the same sort of problem as one of the characters. Although it does show people doing things they shouldn't, it also shows the veiwers what happens if you do the wrong things and how it can backfire on you. This educates you to not do the same things as some of the characters however younger children may not catch onto this and copy some of the things they do anyway. Hollyoaks does use voilence however i think that it is only moderate and isn't constantly used throughout the series. The TV show does use a lot of sex references and may not be suitable for young children. Hollyoaks does contain underage smoking, drinking alcohol and also drug use such as the usage and storage of Cannabis which shows young children shouldn't be watching Hollyoaks.