All member reviews for Home Improvement

Kid, 11 years old July 6, 2013

Hilarious, good natured

This show is great but it does have some inappropriate content. In almost every episode Tim ether blows up something or gets hurt. Theirs a lot of language in the 1st and 2nd seasons but not that much in the other seasons. Wilson helps Tim with his problems witch usually help him. Tim usually has a beer in some episodes. This show is very good natured.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIsabel14 February 19, 2013

Great and funny show

I love this show. It is one of my favorites besides full house and the middle. My favorite episode is when Tim blew up Benny's aunts house.
Kid, 12 years old September 28, 2012

Fantastic show, but brief male and female nudity, although privates are not shown--accept the stripper.

Although sexual-related scenes are extremely rare, there are a few questionable scenes: in one episode, Tim unintentionally walks in on his sister-in-law while she's taking a shower; no private parts are actually shown, but her breasts are only covered by her arms. Wilson performs a ritual cleansing in one episode, where he's in a tent that's tinted so that you can't see through it completely; he's completely naked--besides his hat--but you can't see his penis and can't see his butt very well; the main thing is that when he comes out, you see his naked body, but his butt isn't visible and his penis is covered by his arm. In another episode, while Tim and Al are shooting Tool Time, a picture of an almost-naked stripper is briefly shown (the subject on Tool Time was home improvement-type stripping). Tim tells a joke to another man with the punch line involving a penis; the joke didn't really make sense, and it wasn't really nescessary. Heidi, the Tool Time girl, is sometimes seen in skimpy outfits; for example, in one episode, she is shown scantily clad, wearing nothing but a two-piece cavewoman outfit (EXTREMELY SEXY AND PRETTY REVEALING, MIGHT NOT WANT TO LOOK IF YOU'RE GOING THROUGH PUBERTY--SAME GOES FOR THE STRIPPER SCENE, EVEN THOUGH I WOULD NEVER LOOK AT THAT--LIKE I SAID, THE STRIPPER'S PRACTICALLY NAKED; I NEVER GOT A GOOD LOOK AT THE PICTURE, BUT HER BREASTS WERE PROBABLY VISIBLE, AND POSSIBLY EVEN HER VAGINA), the upper piece covering nothing but her breasts, and the second piece covering nothing but her other two privates (remember: not naked or in her underwear; just think of a bikini that's not worn at the beach and that for some reason seems more revealing). Also, Brad and his girlfriend appear to be getting ready to have sex: Brad's girlfriend is lying on top of Brad on Brad's bed with the door shut; they probably would've had sex if Jill didn't barge into the room; rest assured, Brad and his girlfriend did not remove any clothing. Some women are dressed in skimpy outfits, and in one episode one of those things that you stick your head into and you have whatever body is on the posterboard features a cartoon woman's body in a bikini with a large part of her breasts showing and the bottom piece can hardly even be seen. Tim and Jill sometimes talk about sex and almost have sex until Tim somehow turns off Jill's sex drive; in one episode, while Tim, wearing a tux, is dancing with Jill in their bedroom, Jill mentions that she's not wearing anything under her robe; the camera moves down her body, and once you can only see her feet, her robe falls to the floor, so she is dancing naked with Tim. Jill talks about a dream where she has big breasts and she's Tarzan's soulmate; she says she's wearing a leopard skin, but she's probably almost completely naked; she describes Tarzan kissing her neck, and is about to say what he kisses next when Tim stops her. Oh, one more thing: in one episode, the boys are watching a movie, but you can't see the screen; Jill comments that all a woman is wearing in the movie is a leather thong, and the boys reply with, "not anymore," meaning that the woman in the movie was now completely naked. I'm twelve, and I look away during some of these scenes, but Home Improvement is still my favorite show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIsabel13 August 23, 2012

One of the best tv shows

I like this show very much. It has just as many positive messages as full house.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMaya13 August 8, 2012

My favorite show

I love this show. It's perfect for teens. Watch if your 7 or older. My 8 year old brother likes this show too.
Adult Written byJRCrews20 June 21, 2012

Good show, clean and funny

It's funny to see Tim destroying stuff, especially when Al gets mad. I kind of felt bad when Tim dropped a steel beam on a 55 Nomad. It's a good clean entertaining show to let young kids watch.
Kid, 12 years old February 28, 2011

Funny Tween Show

Great Show, but there is a lot more stuff about sex and drugs in later episodes.
Kid, 10 years old February 18, 2011

perfect for tweens above 9

i was confused when i saw kissing in a season 4 episode of home improvement .thats why i dont want anyone under 9 watching this show ranked 7 out of my 25 favorite shows
Teen, 14 years old Written byht3696 January 15, 2011

~(:*

good show!
Teen, 13 years old Written byThreeDaysGracesGirl October 31, 2010

Very good show.
Kid, 7 years old April 16, 2010

home inprovement

awsome because i love it its on nick@nite tbs nick@nite[passific]
Kid, 10 years old January 18, 2010

Good for tweens

Hilarious TV show from the 90's. I own the entire series. Several mentionings of sex and a vasectomy. Still very good, though. It's not as bad as you think.
Kid, 11 years old December 24, 2009

Teen, 13 years old Written byperfectionist December 21, 2009

hillarious; but cheesey acting

Kid, 12 years old September 12, 2009

Great family show

Home Improvement is a great show for the family, but some parents might not approve all episodes. There is the occasional mild profanity or reference to sex inside of marriage. In one episode it is discovered that the oldest son has been smoking pot, but it is shown as wrong.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDuckyCow1 August 31, 2009

The Perfect Family Show

I love this show really much. There is the occasional swear word, the h' word thrown around once or twice, but it maintains a family title. There are plenty of role models and good messages in the show.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysiry August 25, 2009

Home Improvement is a funny T.V. show that will entertain both younger and older audience members! Makes me and my family laugh! Home Improvement is a great show for all of the family! Arrr! Arrr! Arrr! (Tim Taylor Grunt)
Adult Written byCastellanos July 17, 2009

Full of slapstick, but still witty enough for older viewers

Home Improvement is a very funny T.V. show that will entertain both younger and older audience members. There is plenty of slapstick humor with Tim constantly causing accidents, but there are still plenty of witty remarks that will keep older audience members engaged. Parents should know that there is a lot of slapstick humor, but unless it directly relates to the plot, no one is seriously hurt. There are some occasional sensual remark made by the adults, but they will easily pass over kids heads. In closing, Home Improvement is a great show for all of the family.
Kid, 11 years old July 15, 2009

Great for tweens and up!

Great lessons! There are some s*x things, but i think under 9 won't "get" it. In on episode, Brad gets caught doing drugs, but he learns a lesson.
Adult Written byJon Lovitz May 20, 2009

Eh.

I never cared for it, but it's pretty tame.