Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Horrid Henry

Book character's bad behavior dominates cartoon series.

Adult Written byNickelodeonFan2007 January 3, 2019

Ignore the Parents

I Find it very Fun, Really Funny, and really Cool, And i would Recommend it for Kids.

Adult Written by7-7- August 16, 2015

No, there is no excuse for a show like this for existing.

This is a HORRID show. And a lot of people want to say that this show appeals to what all children want to do. As if that excuse is good enough for such a show existing. Well, let me tell you something, those people that let their children watch this show are the same people who have children screaming at restaurants and any public place. This is not a good show for ANY reason, it does not offer any good teachings and makes the children who watch it believe that they are Henry. If you love your children and want them to grow up to be good, social people, DON'T LET THEM WATCH THIS SHOW. I can't stress it enough. Sit down and watch an episode for yourself. The title of this series does not lie.

Adult Written bymeathings January 14, 2015

Not one good thing about this show!

My son just turned 5 and he started watching this show a couple of months ago. I didn't think much about it until he started talking back to me and doing the opposite of what I asked him to do. I then sat and watched a whole episode with him to see if the show had any value to it. I now can say, NO! Horrid Henry is a awful show and it teaches children to bully, hit, talk back, throw tantrums etc. I wish there was a way to block it on Netflix kids. I don't want this garbage in my home.
Adult Written byMatthew R. February 23, 2019

Really funny show

Horrid Henry TV show is very funny! Although he bullies Peter his brother a lot, his mum and dad always yells don't be horrid Henry. I like the humour used in the show. What I have noticed is that parents seem to dislike the show after I read their comments. Come on don't be so harsh on this show! It is aimed for kids and teenagers! It's not real it's only a cartoon! And yes there is bad behaviour but his parents sort him out.

Adult Written byJasonfx January 9, 2019

Horrid Reviews

I love this show and so do my children who are 2, 4 and 9. At first I was skeptical and thought this was a bad show until I sat down and watched it thoroughly a few times. Although PBS shows like Daniel Tiger and the like have their place, Horrid Henry fills a void. When your sick of the candy coated cartoons aimed at turning your kids into Mister Rogers, Horrid Henry is a breath of fresh air. Although Henry is a rebel, he is essentially a good kid at heart who is just full of energy. Henry is an intelligent kid who constantly needs stimulation and is bored easily. I love the dynamic between Henry and his goody two shoes brother, Peter. It really is a funny show at times and I have even stopped what I am doing to watch it with my kids. Horrid Henry appeals to kids because it is more realistic in the attitudes and dynamics of siblings and friends instead of breaking out into feel good songs about exploring your feelings. I love it, and although you need to tell your kids that Henry is acting bad sometimes, overall it's a great show. This is a much better show than the trash I have seen on Cartoon Network such as Clarence etc.
Adult Written byEddieP3 December 6, 2018

Great show! My 9-year-old daughter and I watch it together!

Imaginative, fun, and surprisingly realistic at times. This is a great show! It is my kid’s favorite, and she makes straight-A’s, and averages getting the “terrific kid” award 3x per school year. Parents who give this show bad ratings, are no different from parents who got the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon cancelled when I was a kid. How about being a parent and watching shows with your kid instead of denigrating something your kid likes?

Adult Written byShaanti R. May 11, 2018

Excellent Show!

The show, Horrid Henry is exceedingly entertaining! I spend much of my free time enjoying the show. It is fast-paced and has humorous jokes and character development. I am always interested in what prank or trick Horrid Henry will play next and whether or not he will get caught. Whenever I watch the show, I get absorbed, wondering what Horrid Henry will do to avoid getting into trouble. Several reviewers have claimed that their children were perfect angels at first but then after watching this show, they started robbing banks! That is very unrealistic. I bet they were exaggerating. Also, if children are taking after Horrid Henry's behavior, it is their own fault, not the show's.
Adult Written byAngela G. April 29, 2018

Parent of a 8 year old Written byronansuperman January 6, 2017
Adult Written byY2A A. June 3, 2018

TERRIBLE

My little brother started watching this and now all he does is give the whole family attitude this TV show teaches kids to be rude and disrespectful!

Adult Written byYana A. December 15, 2017

Punishments...

To all people thinking that their kids can be influenced by the main caracter being a pretty naughty boy: don‘t watch it. I really have something to say to some of the parents here: how can you believe that a TELEVISION show is the reason your child is talking back to you or being what you call naughty? And not because of something that‘s not quite right in this society? Parents, I truly truly ask you from the bottom of my heart to always have your child‘s back, be kind to it, be there for it and understand. No „bad behavior“ happens without reason. Maybe it‘s manipulation, but why does a child feel the need to manipulate it‘s parents?? All we humans need is love and compassion and a connection to the people around us and when that connection is interrupted by punishment, threats and strictness, it causes lore harm than good and certainly does not treat the source of the bad behavior. So... be kind to oneanother. Because you know what? Children want to GIVE love and compassion, too. But they CAN‘T help themselves when they are misbehaving, for them it‘s a strategy to find connection, to prove themselves that mummy and daddy love them, no matter what they do. Not to experience the pain of being sat on the naughty step. That being said: this show is a horrid show about a boy obviously suffering and hurting about something he can‘t express in a different way than making everybody elses life miserable. His helpless parents try to „fix him“ by locking him up or punishing him in some other way, not by showing compassion and seeking a connection. Kids may relate to horrid Henry and copy his behavior, however this is nor theirs nor the show‘s fault. They are simply maybe a little desperately reaching out to you, parents. Be there. Give Love.
Parent of a 2 and 7 year old Written byKarima S. September 17, 2017

Not in my house!

I thought Caillou and his incessant whining was the worst I would see. Oh, no. Along came Horrid Henry. This character grates on my nerves as he has nothing to offer other than bad behavior with NO redeeming qualities. He's not quirky, he insults other children constantly, and the show overall teaches bad lessons. Had the producers made a show about Horrible Harry, I'd be okay with it. This one just teaches kids how to be disrespectful. Thank God mine know way better.
Parent of a 6 year old Written byFozi B. July 22, 2017

HORRID HENRY IS A TOTAL DISGRACE !!!! The person who made up this disgusting little boy as a cartoon character should be ashamed of themselfs , and also the people who let this c**p on our tv screens just to earn a pound/dollar or two , because I don't see any point in the show , other than to speak to ur parents like c**p and bully others , so ashamed that my 6yr old son likes this DISGUSTING SHOW , I VOTE IT BE BANNED IN THE UK AND AROUND THE WORLD !!!! (And that's not down to me letting my son see this it's BANNED in my house) -10/10 , SHAME ON THE MAKERS AND ALL WHO HAVE ANY INVOLVEMENT IN THIS AGAIN ......VILE SHOW grrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Parent of a 4 year old Written byLauren M. January 15, 2017

Very bad influence on my child

my daughter usually watches Netflix which I don't have a problem with especially since she's on the kids one.. it was brought to my attention yesterday she was watching horrid Henry and I am appalled at this show. It's very unacceptable for children to watch. I've never seen such a disgusting kids show in my life and makes me question as to why some of her behavior is the way she is because in some ways she acts just like him. I will now be banning this show as well as many other moms reviews I've seen. And to the person who thought it was okay to even come up with a kids show like this should be ashamed of themselves this is no way this show is acceptable for children!!

Adult Written byShawnaLee May 30, 2016

Worst Show Ever for Children

This is a terrible show for children. It has taught my 5 year old many bad behaviors. I have been forced to ban this show from my house. I don't think this show would be okay for ANY child under around age 14, maybe even 18.

Adult Written byMr. Hicks March 22, 2016

No redeeming qualities

I bought the CD for my grandson Henry . I listened to it as a precaution. I expected there to be some redeeming quality to the stories but found none. The kid is mean and naughty. I see no reason in these stories. I would be worried if my child ( I raised four) or grandson found his behavior amusing. Henry is doomed if his parents don't teach him how to behave toward others.
Parent of a 6 year old Written byDFixer October 23, 2015

Bad Influence

Without adult supervision, children below the age of 18 will tend to follow or pick up the attitude and character of Horrid Henry. And as such they will think its "cool". The violence , the swearing, the lack of mannerism. Its bad enough we have such adults but having such attitude and character from an early age??
Parent of a 4 and 5 year old Written byAnarriel October 15, 2015

Very BAD influence

DON'T let your child or children watch this. My son started watching this less then a week ago and I already got a call from school because he did something he NEVER would have done before he watched that show. He acts like Henry now and it only started since he watched it. He was a very well behaved boy before that show appeared in the list on Netflix. It is now BANNED in my house and I really wish there was a way I could BLOCK it from Netflix.
Adult Written byDocManny September 9, 2015

Heinous.

This show is... BAD. The show heavily relies on discordant music, horrific voice acting, and an obnoxious color palette, as well as horrible characters, lazy animation, and stupidly bland and even RACIST stereotypes to get by -- none of which are remotely funny. In fact, I don't even think it TRIES to be funny. Don't waste your time with this mess of a show...

Parent Written byAngelC 1 February 27, 2015

Don't Let Your Child or Children Watch This Show!!!!!!!!

WARNING : Don't Let your Child Watch This Show! It Is Inappropriate For Kids 10&Under! Ryder Watched This Show& He Mimics Some Of The Things Henry Does. So Never Let Your Child Watch This Show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!