Giddy, girly 'toon doesn't quite hit full stride.

Teen, 16 years old Written bypoulichenoir April 9, 2008
It's a silly, underdeveloped, cliched, irritating show. Personally, I find it ridiculously childish, even for children. The characters are not all exactly the best role models, the plots are extremely unoriginal and very predictable. It's definitely a brain-drain. I suppose for really young children it would be acceptable, since there is no action whatsoever and just some talking animals with strong morals. Anyone over the age of 9 should avoid at all costs or risk an intelligence meltdown.
Kid, 12 years old November 8, 2014

Good for everyone

This show is good for kids of all ages, yes boys might not be interested in it because there are girls in it but 2 of the main characters are boys. It is great for kids who love horses and it is also good for kids who don't. The show are the kind with the moral of the story but not the boring stuff usually one of the characters will do something and by the end of the show they will under stand what they did (they always apoligzed to one another) this is a great series you should watch it
Kid, 12 years old December 1, 2015

Don't Overlook this, just make sure your kids are the right age.

I do not agree with much that has been said about this show in general. Girly: Though there at at least two or three characters who are mostly very vain and are very girly, the other characters in this show do not display these aspects. When one character does for an episode, against her usual habits, to impress a boy; she learns that its more important to be true to yourself than to change yourself for someone else. I think that is a positive message that older kids should not overlook. Stereotypes: When a girl and her horse come to horseland, you learn she is Native American. She is later offended by two of the other girls, who have wrong preconceptions about Native Americans. At the end, the girls apologize, and it is clear that what they did wasn't how you should act. I think a child should be around 8, when they watch this show, so that they don't just pick up the negative messages, but they pick up the good ones in the end... Make sure your child would notice that everyone made up and all issues were resolved, and that they pay attention to the manner in which they were solved.
Teen, 13 years old Written byElizabeth Kellison April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byBarrel Racer660 August 8, 2015

Well... Probably not for you if you know anything about horses

This show...well for young children it could be entertaining, but for older children/horse people it could at best be amusing. A lot of horse stuff is wrong, for instance before the horses canter/gallop they rear, and the bits are never in the horses mouths and are clearly not side pulls. They tie by the reins always, the horses often have bridles on when they should not, and when a horse breaks out of her stall everyone praises her. So to sum it up, horse kids will probably be annoyed by all the mistakes, but non horsey kids won't notice and will probably like this upbeat show.
Kid, 12 years old March 3, 2014

nice

my 8yr old sis Lena loves it. i used to too. i dont know why ppl can have anything against this. its a great show for little girls, its with inspiring role madels- lol i used to want to be just like sera (or sarah i dnt know how u write it) every character has their own personality- and thier own rights & wrongs (nobodys perfect) so i dont know why anyone would be against this ;)
Teen, 14 years old Written byHorselandfan97 August 2, 2011

The Horseland Review Team

Teen, 13 years old Written byAraxie_River April 27, 2013

Well...

I remember when I first heard of this show. I was at a family friends house, who had a nearly 5 year old girl. They had no cable, just a bunch of dvd's. one of them being three truth-themed episodes of this show. Curious, me and my 15 year old friend popped it in the next morning to entertain the girl. I remember that as soon as the overly obnoxious theme blasted in our ears, I turned to my friend and said, "I hate this already." But for the little girls sake we attempted to bear through the episodes. First was something called "Cry Wolf". Long story short, it was record time for me finding out how the remote works so I could skip to the next episode. I hate Cry Wolf lessons. Next was "The Awful Truth". Simple enough, the most tolerable. Kind of forgetable though, I had no idea what it was until I saw the title again. Lastly was "Boss Bailey". Why is Bailey the only boy student? I'd sorta expect there to be more... But either way, Kind of stupid, but whatever. The trivia game was boring, and the girl switched the language to Spanish after.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byLizzy H. August 26, 2016

Innapropiate for pre teens

I am appalled at how inappropriate this show is for younger teens. It's content is catty, sarcastic, women bringing other women down, and just downright wrong. There was a show about a horse starving itself to look good at a competition. Using the term PGAS (pretty girls always succeed). There was even an episode about the group isolating a Mexican girl. all of the male figures seem to be the "wise" thinkers while the girls are just catty. Whether at the end of the show there is a lesson to be learned or not, the writers could have gone about the messages in a much helthier fashion. Please don't let your child watch this show! They will pick up on the clever slurs and if they are impressionable, they will definitely use them in school, on their siblings or elsewhere.