All member reviews for House of Anubis

British mystery series is clean, positive fun for tweens.

Parent Written byanital December 14, 2013

Must watch

I love House of Anubis because it's unlike any other show for kids 9/10+. It has everything in it: mystery, suspense, drama, humor, and romance. I think the main characters are excellent role models. They work together despite their creative differences and always find a way to complete their task. Most people think that it's a scary show about kids trapped in a haunted house. This is completely wrong. House of Anubis is about a group of high schoolers who attend an elite boarding school in England. The main character, Nina Martin, arrives the same day Joy Mercer mysteriously disappears. Another girl, Patricia Williamson, believes that Nina kidnapped Joy or has something to do with her disappearance. One morning on her way to school Nina meets Sarah, a gentle old woman who used to live in the house before it became a part of the school. She gives her a locket telling her she has the power to stop some evil. That same night, Patricia forces Nina to go into the attic. Her locket hits some button which leads her into a secret panel. She brings her new friend, Fabian up to show him her findings. This is the beginning of 4 unforgettable journeys in the House. Do not hesitate to watch this series. It's a classic.
Parent Written bytarmale February 23, 2013

Love "House of Anubis"!

I personally love house of anubis! My 8 year old loves watching it and although can be a little scary at times I still find it tame. Clean cut kids who work together to solve the mysteries at a boarding school. There is no bad language and I think one or two kisses the entire season but completely innocent. Watch it with your child to see if they might be a little scared.
Kid, 10 years old April 3, 2011

lame

what a cheesy show.basic plot summary:a monster!*sees monster that doesnt look scary at all* seriously,stop producing cheesy live action shows nick
Parent Written byGodAnubis12 August 31, 2014

Absolutely okay for a child 9+

House of Anubis is perfectly okay for any 9 year old! I'm afraid that any younger might get scared by some of the aspects of "mystery". There is nothing to worry about in the kissing aspects-- very rare when couples share a quick kiss. Its a drama show mainly, but is a "drama show for younger ages". I was never really into any of the reality tv shows, and always prefered these types of shows. Victorious probably had more couples then this! GREAT SHOW!
Teen, 13 years old Written by8rebel24 December 20, 2011

HOA is great for teens!

I'm 13, and I love this show. It's a mystery show about an American girl who gets a schlorship to a top British boarding school. She and her new friends discover a mystery, and have to solve it. Fans of Harry Potter will love this. There are some parts where the kids are in danger (there are kidnappings, threats, etc.). That's all that any parents would worry about. It's a great show with a great mystery. The teens have to find an ancient Egyptian relic before the villains do.
Parent Written bySupamom79 July 17, 2011

Poor character morals

Saw 1 episode and everyone was lying and going through their roommates things! It was kinda soap opera-ish & weird. Definately not for my 7 & 2 year old girls. Automatically got banned!
Teen, 13 years old Written byliv4dance March 27, 2011

Looks stupid, but is really great!

Nina Martin and Fabian are very good leaders and responsible too. At first I didn't know what to expect, was it gonna be creepy or stupid? It is actually very entertaining and the plot always thickens. The acting and filming isn't the best, but I highly recommend.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHouse-Of-Anubis-Fan March 14, 2011

House of Anubis is the best show in the nickelodeon channel. It has a story plot that no viewer would imagine seeing on tv. What I really love about this show is that it has action, a quite romance, mystery like no other, and the characters talk like their not actors,they know how to play the role. What I'm really excited is their is going to be a season two because of us viewers. So stay tuned!! (:
Teen, 13 years old Written bysuper-duper-boo... March 10, 2011

I love a good mystery

House of Anubis is a great show. It talks about Egytian mythology while they try to solve a mystery. The characters are nice, too(most of them, except the bad guy [duh]).
Parent of a 12 year old Written byThe real deal12 February 27, 2011

Perfect for all ages

We love this show it is addicting yet good for learning for instance anubis is really egyption. I really hope this isnt the last season!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byTheGreatNoOne February 27, 2011

Stupid.

BORING! Why does Nick keep doing this to us!? Stop producing these lame live action shows!
Teen, 13 years old Written byfishish February 26, 2011

Don't watch if you know what's good for you.

I sat down to watch this show one day, despite the horrible acting in the previews. Lo and behold, it was awful. Horrible acting, fake, fake, fake, and the most bring thing I've ever encountered. I ended up getting through the episode by laughing at practically everything they said and making fun of it. That's really the only way to get through this show. Horrible.
Teen, 17 years old Written byHouse of Anubis February 22, 2011

Perfect Show!!!!

I absolutely love this show and wouldn't miss it for the world. This show is literally the best show i have ever watched throughout my life! Nathalia Ramos is a wonderful actress and so with everyone else on the show. This show is very good with a lot of cliffhangers. I just am really disappointed that it is over. To begin with in the beginning i thought it was really stupid, but i will still watch the beginning to see what it's like. I saw the first episode and would not stop watching it because it is sooooooo good!!!!!!! LOVE THIS SHOW! Why did it stop? I wish it is still on! Make more to the show!
Adult Written byreviewer person January 29, 2014

House of Anubis Review

Parent Written bygamecard7171 January 15, 2013

ok ish

I think that the series house of anubis is too scary for kids to watch and might get freaked out. Also the kids are always breaking rules,sneaking places, and being too noisy so i think it sets a bad example for children.
Parent Written byHouston Tennis Mom January 15, 2012

Kids will get hooked

My 8yo loves this show. Yes the acting is cheesy, but these are young kids that will get better over time. Netflix has all of Season 1 and we watched it from start to finish. It will get you hooked and yes parents you will see the mistakes that the writers missed or forgot about along the way, but with the poor choices that our kids have today this is a better show for the young ones we have.
Kid, 12 years old December 4, 2011

My reasons for watching this show;

Well it teaches you about Egypt and history. The main characters are good role models, because they are responsible. They often seek out out help from libraries and I love trying to figure out the clues. The relationships are helpful actually, so kids can see the smart way to be when you have a crush. The jokes are appropriate and can make anyone crack a smile. The whole show has a mystery surronding it, and every twist is new and exciting. The show does portray an adult as the bad guy, but I see that as a waarning not to trust all adults, which is a safe meesage. The show teaches us to have curiosity. I love this show and like how it plays 10 minutes every day instead of the week episodes. I love the whole shebang this show represents. I 'm 11 yrs. old and I think this show is good for any age. -Joelle >3 House of Anubis
Teen, 13 years old Written byDanielle4190 October 24, 2011

You have fun solving the mysteries with the cast!

Okay so House of Anubis is a really good show. I found myself learning about egyptian goods and symbols by accident. It is very enjoyable. My mom even started watching it with me and she was enjoying it also! The people are half and half though. There are a lot of threats being made like once this man held a bug that would kill someone up to a girl's ear and threatened to kill her if he didn't get something. I also think that a good role model for some boys is Fabian. He shows how other guys should treat a girl. Another character named Jerome and sometimes Patricia and Amber can be selfcentered or cruel. Romance usually isn't more than holding hands or a kiss on the lips. Nothing more. It may be hard for some kids to get the concept at first. With a plot about a choosen one and clues and a cup and a society it may be hard for a 7 or 8 year old to grasp. Well season 2 is coming out january 7th on nick. Hope you watch it. My favorite show..... ~Danielle
Teen, 13 years old Written byKitty.Cat.Roar June 1, 2011

I LOVE IT SO MUCH

Omg House Of Anubis Is The Bestist Show Iv Ever Wached I Love Nathalia Ramos So Much and this Show Wouldent Be Great With Out.. There A Lot Of Cliff-Hangers And Lots Of Sneaking Around Id Say This Show Is About 8+
Teen, 15 years old Written byChristian gurl April 25, 2011

pretty good, but some teens have a romance and to much surprises, pretty good though