All member reviews for How I Met Your Mother

Teen, 15 years old Written byFahima Saeed September 29, 2010

Not meant for kids, without supervision at least

Neil Patrick Harris is hilarious! He makes the show! Kids shouldn't watch it though, some of the stuff is not at all meant to be heard or seen by them. Otherwise very funny :)
Kid, 10 years old January 1, 2011

funny

very funny but has some inapropreite moments
Teen, 15 years old Written bybobbeta30 January 23, 2011

Awesome!

I love this show! It's great for most ages and it's funny. Trust me, the stuff they hear on T.V. is sterile clean compared to stuff at school.
Kid, 12 years old August 18, 2012

Hilarious and Slightly Suggestive

This show is all about how Ted Mosby tells his teenage children how I met their mother. Sex plays a major role in the comedy as there is a serial womanizer among a group of 5 very close friends. Bad things are replaced with everyday activities. Things such as smoking, having loud sex, and pointed the middle finger were replaced with "eating a sandwich," playing bagpipes," and "giving a thumbs up" respectively. Th charaters always find their ways out of things, and relationships are strong. Parts of this show are not believable, but they are amusing. Character outlines: Ted Mosby: A architecture professor who is looking for "the one." Robin Scherbatsky: A news anchor who was against marriage earlier, but marries (spoiler alert!) Barney Stintson, the womanizer. Barney Stintson: The serial womanizer who often speaks of his sexual conquests to his friends. His character changes into a caring one and her marries (spoiler alert) Robin Scherbatsky. Marshall Erikson: A lawyer who is very naive. He is Lily's wife. Lily Aldrin: Marshall's wife, a kindergarten teacher. She is a good cook and is often sought out for advice.
Kid, 12 years old August 27, 2010

One of the best series ever!

I am inlove with HIMYM it's just so funny!. Sometimes an episode can be funny, emotional and inappropriate. But its too long to get to the point where they actually show who Ted marries (The Mother) on HIMYM, so that kinda puts a lot of suspense into it. Ted is a sweet and kind guy he's awesome. Barney on the other hand is a sex addict, he always talks about girls and sex. In some of the episodes he falls inlove with Robin which i thought was sooo sweet. But they wouldnt make a cute couple. Robin is one of the characters i dont like so much :| (I dont know why). Marshall&Lily are like the best characters!!! I was so sad in those episodes where they broke up and they cancelled their wedding! Im really hoping to see more of the episodes and finally figure out who the mother is!!
Kid, 12 years old January 26, 2013

great!

funny
Teen, 13 years old Written byBook_lover98 April 21, 2011

How I Met Your Mother Taught Me How To Be Hilarious!

I completely love this show! Yes there is some explicit sexual references, and Barney is completely and utterly a horrible rolemodel, the humor is perfect for tweens! And the fact that Ted is looking for a real relationship says something.
Teen, 14 years old Written bygreeneyedglitter February 2, 2011

Great show!

This a very funny show. Although, there are a few references to sex, there is never full nudity. Barney may not be the best role model on his views on women, but the gang always tell him how wrong he is. The show is great with a few mild sex/cursing references. But I would definitely watch it with my kids.
Kid, 12 years old November 6, 2010

kids are hearing this stuff at school 2 they might as well hear it on tv
Teen, 13 years old Written byLoveOwenWilson September 16, 2010

teens....older

LOL...love Barney....his jokes are sooo funny!!!! hahhahaha!! it's way tooo dirty but its' one heck of a laugh! for sarcastic humor and peeing in ur pants...u'd better sneak this in ur room and watch it!!
Kid, 12 years old July 19, 2010

Hilarious prime-time sitcom.

I started watching HIMYM just a few months ago, and I've seen all of seasons 1-4. Like my review title says, it's hilarious, especially Barney, even though he isn't the best role model in the world. I'd say that HIMYM is safe for anyone over the age of twelve, because some humor/plot lines might fly over younger kids' heads.
Teen, 15 years old Written byLivin4Skating July 24, 2015

Not as good as Friends.

Not as amazing as Friends, but it is still a good show. They talk about sex A LOT in this show, in fact Neil Patrick Harris plays a character who is a predator for women and gets them to sleep with him while they are drunk, and uses the "Bro Book" or something like that with pick up lines to get girls to sleep with him. I finished all seasons on Netflix and it is quite funny, but it has a lot of sexual innuendo in it. Plus they all hang out at a bar. I honestly think it's just a rip-off of Friends, but it's okay.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykitty47 June 4, 2015

Great tv show for both teens and adults

Teen, 14 years old Written byALBERT0 May 15, 2015

Sometimes there are mentions about sex, but if you know it, it's ok
Teen, 14 years old Written byShaxSar February 16, 2015

Teen, 15 years old Written byThecoffeeowl224 February 8, 2015
Teen, 13 years old Written byJenniferamkarlsson January 15, 2015

Best series

This is one of my favorite series, it is sexual and at some points even sexist in a humorous way that makes you want to face palm yourself. This isn't a series that would be amusing watching with your kid or parent though, it would be a bit awkward with those sexual jokes
Teen, 15 years old Written byTaylorsadvice_ January 12, 2015

Good for mature 12 year olds

I was definitely ok watching this show at 12 years old but some kids are less mature. The show does include sex, adult references, and very mild swearing (i.e. bitch, ass) but it is still a great show. By 12 years old I can promise your child already knows about everything in this show. School exposes you to everything.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhiumhi October 30, 2014

Most kids already know about this stuff...How I met your mother is a really funny show, and it's really not that bad in terms of inappropriate things.
Teen, 13 years old Written byskyblue524 September 20, 2014

Love this!!!!!

Really enjoy this, I watch it every day on TV. Really funny and the characters feel real and are 'human'. It's not all laughs there's some real ideas and things including {spoilers} when marshal's dad dies (I got a bit teary). One of the main sets is a bar but it's fine, mild sex but it's played for laughs and I really recommend.