All teen and kid member reviews for How I Met Your Mother

Teen, 15 years old Written byFahima Saeed September 29, 2010

Not meant for kids, without supervision at least

Neil Patrick Harris is hilarious! He makes the show! Kids shouldn't watch it though, some of the stuff is not at all meant to be heard or seen by them. Otherwise very funny :)
Kid, 10 years old January 1, 2011

funny

very funny but has some inapropreite moments
Teen, 15 years old Written bybobbeta30 January 23, 2011

Awesome!

I love this show! It's great for most ages and it's funny. Trust me, the stuff they hear on T.V. is sterile clean compared to stuff at school.
Kid, 12 years old August 18, 2012

Hilarious and Slightly Suggestive

This show is all about how Ted Mosby tells his teenage children how I met their mother. Sex plays a major role in the comedy as there is a serial womanizer among a group of 5 very close friends. Bad things are replaced with everyday activities. Things such as smoking, having loud sex, and pointed the middle finger were replaced with "eating a sandwich," playing bagpipes," and "giving a thumbs up" respectively. Th charaters always find their ways out of things, and relationships are strong. Parts of this show are not believable, but they are amusing. Character outlines: Ted Mosby: A architecture professor who is looking for "the one." Robin Scherbatsky: A news anchor who was against marriage earlier, but marries (spoiler alert!) Barney Stintson, the womanizer. Barney Stintson: The serial womanizer who often speaks of his sexual conquests to his friends. His character changes into a caring one and her marries (spoiler alert) Robin Scherbatsky. Marshall Erikson: A lawyer who is very naive. He is Lily's wife. Lily Aldrin: Marshall's wife, a kindergarten teacher. She is a good cook and is often sought out for advice.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBook_lover98 April 21, 2011

How I Met Your Mother Taught Me How To Be Hilarious!

I completely love this show! Yes there is some explicit sexual references, and Barney is completely and utterly a horrible rolemodel, the humor is perfect for tweens! And the fact that Ted is looking for a real relationship says something.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLoveOwenWilson September 16, 2010

teens....older

LOL...love Barney....his jokes are sooo funny!!!! hahhahaha!! it's way tooo dirty but its' one heck of a laugh! for sarcastic humor and peeing in ur pants...u'd better sneak this in ur room and watch it!!
Kid, 12 years old August 27, 2010

One of the best series ever!

I am inlove with HIMYM it's just so funny!. Sometimes an episode can be funny, emotional and inappropriate. But its too long to get to the point where they actually show who Ted marries (The Mother) on HIMYM, so that kinda puts a lot of suspense into it. Ted is a sweet and kind guy he's awesome. Barney on the other hand is a sex addict, he always talks about girls and sex. In some of the episodes he falls inlove with Robin which i thought was sooo sweet. But they wouldnt make a cute couple. Robin is one of the characters i dont like so much :| (I dont know why). Marshall&Lily are like the best characters!!! I was so sad in those episodes where they broke up and they cancelled their wedding! Im really hoping to see more of the episodes and finally figure out who the mother is!!
Kid, 12 years old January 26, 2013

great!

funny
Teen, 14 years old Written bygreeneyedglitter February 2, 2011

Great show!

This a very funny show. Although, there are a few references to sex, there is never full nudity. Barney may not be the best role model on his views on women, but the gang always tell him how wrong he is. The show is great with a few mild sex/cursing references. But I would definitely watch it with my kids.
Kid, 12 years old November 6, 2010
kids are hearing this stuff at school 2 they might as well hear it on tv
Kid, 12 years old July 19, 2010

Hilarious prime-time sitcom.

I started watching HIMYM just a few months ago, and I've seen all of seasons 1-4. Like my review title says, it's hilarious, especially Barney, even though he isn't the best role model in the world. I'd say that HIMYM is safe for anyone over the age of twelve, because some humor/plot lines might fly over younger kids' heads.
Teen, 13 years old Written byphiatastic January 30, 2016
I watched this with my sister for a while. It was a very funny show! It had a few moments for mature audiences but its nothing we can't handle
Kid, 10 years old January 20, 2016

It is legen-dairy

This was my favorite when I was ten. It was very funny and sad. I think there is a lot of swearing and sexual references though.
Teen, 17 years old Written bylexiefinkelstein January 2, 2016

AMAZING show!!!

This is one of my all time favorite show. Amazing "life lessons", hilarious, but there are many dirty jokes so letting your child under 13 watch this show would mean they are mature and able to understand right and wrong, etc. There are many positive role models and influences, but also many negative BUT the negatives are meant to be taken as a joke (which and younger teen may not pick up on or understand). Overall, its an awesome show as long as you don't take the jokes wrong.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNvG Nick November 22, 2015

How I Met Your Mother Review

Looking for a smart, well-written, and hilarious show? Then How I Met Your Mother is for you. One of the funniest shows ever, How I Met Your Mother combines clever writing with a unique story. Highly recommend to everyone. P.S. Binge-watching is the way to go.
Kid, 12 years old October 25, 2015

Great show with a lot of sexual references

I think this show is very hilarious and actually gives good life lessons of what NOT to do, but the characters are very bad role models and Barney, even though he's hilarious, threw away his life completely for money and women. There is A LOT of sex and sexual references, and you should only watch this with your parents. Overall rating: Only 13+
Teen, 13 years old Written bycommonsenseghost October 25, 2015
How I Met Your Mother is a great American TV show. It follows Ted and his friends through the adventure of finding Ted's one true love. It has some swear words, and some sex references, but stays appropriate. Honestly, there is no true age for this show - what matters is the maturity of your kids.
Written byAnonymous August 10, 2015
Teen, 15 years old Written byLivin4Skating July 24, 2015

Not as good as Friends.

Not as amazing as Friends, but it is still a good show. They talk about sex A LOT in this show, in fact Neil Patrick Harris plays a character who is a predator for women and gets them to sleep with him while they are drunk, and uses the "Bro Book" or something like that with pick up lines to get girls to sleep with him. I finished all seasons on Netflix and it is quite funny, but it has a lot of sexual innuendo in it. Plus they all hang out at a bar. I honestly think it's just a rip-off of Friends, but it's okay.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykitty47 June 4, 2015

Great tv show for both teens and adults