All member reviews for How It's Made

What goes into building a skateboard? Find out.

Kid, 10 years old July 28, 2014

vary good.

vary good in education and learning.
Kid, 10 years old July 26, 2011

great but for tweens

i love this show but the reason i rated it 10 and up is because ages 1-9 wouldnt understand all this
Teen, 14 years old Written bymiapie456 April 6, 2012

Awesome and Educational

I disagree with the fact that "Educational Value" is not applicable. I learn something new every time, and so does my dad. It is a very educational show! :)

Very interesting.

Very educational show! Suitable for all ages.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTHS1892 May 4, 2014

Amazing Info on How Things Are Made

Very educational on the fascinating processes and stages of manufacturing and/or making products. Products being made range from bobsleds to candy canes, supercars to computer chips, and an infinite amount of other things. I have learned so much from How It's Made, sometimes I spend a whole day watching the show.
Kid, 12 years old March 16, 2011

Ever wondered how gears were made? This is your kind of show!

THIS SHOW IS THE BEST! Whenever I have free time, I look to the Science Channel to find out how everything is made. Similar show are on the air, but this is the best. The only reason I say consumerism is because in some of the episodes (VERY RARELY) they will have the name of the company that makes the product (e.x., on the tuba episode, they showed the King Misic CO.) Sometimes, the company replaces the name of the company with "How it's made". But other than that, IT'S AWESOME!
Kid, 9 years old July 23, 2010

kids 8+ would understand this more thin 7 and under

i love this! (im the copycat) kids 7 and under couldnt understand it
Kid, 12 years old June 24, 2010

Kids 8+ Would Understand This Well, Not So Much For 7 and Under.

I love this! The reason why I rated this on for 8+ is because I think kids 7 and under might not understand the concept that well.
Adult Written bymkrob77375 April 9, 2008

Great Show to Foster Curiosity

My 5 year old adores this show. Every time he watches it he wants me to ask the show to demonstrate how another product is made! He even puts on his own "How It's Made" skits for me.
Teen, 14 years old Written byWafflesAndIceCream November 30, 2014

Easy, relaxing show.

So I'm watching this show right now. A lot of people like How It's Made because it's relaxing, and makes you tired. I can't disagree. It's actually kind of soothing; a while before I go to bed on school nights, I love to just lay down and listen to the narrator explain how to make things like recycled skateboards (which I'm watching right now!), Halloween decorations, scuba diving lights, and prosthetic ears. So, yeah, this show is appropriate for all ages.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynatknewthat July 20, 2014

great

I have watched this show ever since I was in first grade, when I was 6. I have always loved this show, as I love to see how things are made and how things work. There is an episode about caviar that may be weird for little kids, but otherwise it's just fine.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 17, 2012

How It's Awesome!

This show is so much fun! Very positive messages,and ton of edacational value.Perfect for the whole family!
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus August 2, 2012

Just OK.

Very interesting, but I get bored after a while.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byheather.parker July 21, 2012

Educational and interesting

This is a good, quality show that's educational and actually interesting for adults as well as kids. This is one of my favorite shows that my kids watch.
Adult Written byJEDI micah May 29, 2012

AWESOME!!!

I love this show! It is so cool how people can make things! Boys of all ages will love this show! It has huge machinery, cool robots, and a good narrator! It can be educational to kids who want to build things in their career! It's a great show!
Parent Written bytrebvor December 29, 2011

Correct wording.

Love this show and watch it all the time. But I wish that Lynne Adems would stop using the words " sodder and centrifical " they do not exist. It should be " solder and centrifugal " If we want our children to learn the right thing please use the correct words.
Teen, 16 years old Written byI gatti di Roma January 6, 2011

A+

Even young kids will like it.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byriotbrrd December 9, 2010

My son has loved this since age 3

Lots of the content is beyond him, but he loves it anyway. He and his dad watch it together.
Kid, 8 years old September 18, 2010

Its perfect for how to make stuff!
Kid, 11 years old January 26, 2010

perfect for anyone!

love it! tells you exactly how things are made and it is educational!