Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for How to Get Away with Murder

Tense legal procedural is steamy with some violence.

Teen, 15 years old Written bylittlepig1 July 31, 2017

So so good - NOT as sexual as everyone says

I love this show so much - it has a black woman as the main character and a lot of diversity (homosexuality, different races) and it actually shows us what it's like to be a black woman nowadays. It's so interesting, I've never seen anything like this. I don't know what it is, it's just absolutely addicting and interesting with an AMAZING cast. I admire them all. It's well written and has a different way to tell the story which is so unique and worked out very well. However it does have a lot of sexual references, jokes etc and sex is a key theme but they never show anything. No nudity, no sex scenes (oral sex is briefly shown though but it's covered). It can be a little rough at some point, because you get to see abusive unhealthy relationships and such things but that's a part of the story. So for me as a teenager it's so weird that adults actually consider this should be a TV-MA. It does not contain graphic sex scenes, nor graphic violence or language. So the TV-14 rating is just fine. The violence is not graphic. We see a little blood on screen but that's basically it. Highly recommend it.

Parent of a 5 and 12 year old Written byjenn7774 September 21, 2015

it is a pretty great show

its ok for my kid I think it is all about your parenting

Parent Written bydrechappy November 7, 2014

Great cast, adult content

This show was very intriguing, but the sex and sex talk in the show just kept getting more and more graphic. One specific character uses sex to get what he wants (homosexuality and graphic talk from him), others having affairs, with oral sex implied. The sex scenes are definitely pushing the envelope. The homosexual relationships aren't what makes it unwatchable, let me be clear. It is both the heterosexual and homosexual sexual encounters that garner my rating. Unfortunately, I won't be watching any more. The murders in this show, which I hope you'd expect hence the name of the show, are sometimes graphic and obviously there is violence. There is some swearing.

Parent of a 14 year old Written bymarian88 October 28, 2014

Not For My Child

As a Christian I feel this show is morally corrupting. We really don't need another TV show that teaches our children they don't have to have morals, values and a lack of integrity. As an adult you can use your own judgment and it's entertaining. Just not for kids!
Parent of a 9 and 15 year old Written byMary Z. May 22, 2018

BAD MORALS!!

I caught my 15 year old "son" watching this show. I asked him what it was called, and he said it was "How to Get Away with Murder". Right away I knew this was an inappropriate show. My son rebels all the time, but this was too far. I did some research for myself and I discovered that this show teaches children BAD MORALS! Our children should be taught about the Bible. The Bible teaches GOOD morals, and teaches our children important things for LIFE!! I do not recommend this show for children, especially in a good Christian home.
Parent of a 11 and 14 year old Written byAmalia P. February 15, 2017

Great Show!

I don't understand why everyone is saying that this isn't for teens. My 14 year old daughter is watching this show and enjoying it. There is a smaller amount of violence and sex, but I would say that mature kids aged 13+ could watch this show with no problem and enjoy it just as much as adults would. I would highly recommend this show for adults as well as teens as it has a great story line filled with interesting twists and secreta as well as amazing characters that are realistic and human. Enjoy the show!
Parent Written byJacob N. September 30, 2015

Most Sex-Graphic show on network TV

There is graphic male gay sex, graphic oral sex, graphic doggy-style sex, voyeuristic shower scenes, and a morally reprehensible set of characters. This was all in the first three episodes, but I was so uncomfortable I never watched again.

Adult Written byL. Henderson March 31, 2019

Racy not for the prude.

I love this show and it is not for children as most shows that depict sexual adult situations. However in light of the situations of this show I can say parents who have a hard time explaining gay marriages this would be an opportunity to discuss it in an non judgemental mental way. I appreciate the diversity and mini plot upon plots. Keep it coming. Law is intriguing and it contradicts big time.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byPam S. March 24, 2019

Really good!

I just finished watching it with my 10 year old daughter and she and I enjoyed thoroughly.

Adult Written byjohnmat February 16, 2019

One of the best TV series!

Really interesting plot and brilliant acting! It is suitable for people 15-16+ because of the drinking and sexual scenes that are presented. There is some bad language, too. Powerful scenes and strong plot twists that are gonna make you love it!

Adult Written byUr mom. Gay1 January 19, 2019

E

I'm 13 oof its good
Adult Written bysingle991 June 18, 2018

How To Get Away With Murder

The show is brilliant but rather graphic for a network show. Sex scenes throughout with skin, moaning and thrusting. Violence is infrequent but graphic sometimes, In Season 2 Episode 13, there is a bloody suicide scene in which a woman stabs a knife into her neck. In Season 3 Episode 9, the person under the sheet has a half-burnt face with lots of bloody detail, quite hard to look at, we see images of it throughout the rest of Season 3. Drug use: In Season 1, one of the characters is a drug dealer. Two girls are seen laying on a roof with cocaine next to them, implying they had been snorting it. Swearing, the odd use of b**ch and other words. The show can be very intense at times due to the murders.
Parent of a 1, 2, and 12 year old Written byJosee L. September 21, 2017

Not for children or teens!

I only watched the first season...and way too much sex. Gay Sex , heterosexual sex...Cheating , more cheating , more sex talk...they ruined it with soo much SEX!

Parent Written byTracy B. April 18, 2017

Season 1 was okay, went downhill from there, NOT for kids AT ALL

Adult-wise, the first season plot was interesting, even though it seemed kind of stupid for a smart lawyer and law students to make consistently stupid decision. The 2nd season got even worse, and the sex scenes really kicked up in this season, even though they were present in the 1st. The plot and the "overacting" got even worse, and the third season....I was done by episode 5, I didn't even care "whodunnit", or who was dead. There was more relationship drama and sex than actual plot. I cannot believe this is rated TV14, it should be TV MA for sure. Like others have stated, both hetero and homosexual activity that is very casual, guys "going down" on girls, guys "going down" on guys, a statement in the last episode I watched, in reference to a gay man going on a date with another gay man; "So this is the 3rd date, that's the sex date! So are you ready to get it in? Or is he the one getting it in?" I would NEVER let my teens watch this.

Parent of a 13 year old Written byThomas M. February 15, 2017

Ok show

I think the show is ok for older tweens and teens if the enjoy crime and drama stories. I recommend it.
Adult Written bybaileycash97 January 6, 2017

For mature audiences only

Covering up murders summarizes every season of this show well, especially 1, 2, and 4. The word "accomplice" is a major theme. However, the suspense and flash-forward sequences make it extremely compelling to watch. Beware though, it gets very violent.

Parent Written byNotaCopterMom June 26, 2016

It's a FANTASTIC show, but...

The show is well written and keeps you on the edge of your seat. I do not recommend it simply because the sex scenes are so over-the-top. This should at LEAST be rated MA. As an adult in my late 40s, I found I had to fast-forward a LOT. I'm shocked that it's rated TV-14. No way on this earth would I allow my teens to watch this. It's a shame because the show is so good! For teens who'd say "We know about this stuff anyway." Well, yes, you probably do, but knowing and SEEING are two different things, and this show leaves almost nothing to the imagination.

Parent of a 12 year old Written byjane7774 September 22, 2015

it a good show

I watched it with my child and we have an understanding that if I see something I don't like than the show goes

Adult Written bymardoggie2013 November 20, 2014

Adult Written byJared Galczynski November 6, 2014
How to get away with "AY, MAYRA".