All teen and kid member reviews for How to Rock

Kid, 11 years old July 15, 2013

BOO!

this show really oh my god as much I don't want to say that word I HATE this show
Teen, 15 years old Written byRobbyboyfye16 February 5, 2012

jdyxjdyx

good show
Kid, 10 years old March 23, 2014

Superficial

It's age appropriate, but this show just annoys me so much. It had potential to be a good show, but Nickelodeon just had to ruin it! In the very first episode, Kacey (the main character) gets braces and glasses. Which, apparently, is the worst thing in the world. Erm, no. A lot of my friends have braces and glasses and they aren't having heart attacks over it. I don't mind her getting braces and glasses but why do they have to imply this is terrible??? Later at the talent contest, Kacey doesn't have her braces and glasses anymore! She explains this by saying, "Oh, I don't need glasses to sing and I got a night brace." The night brace is a good explanation but seriously? "I don't need glasses to sign? If she really needed glasses and she didn't wear them, the talent show would have been a disaster. My second problem is Molly. Why kick Kacey, even though she is so ANNOYING, out of her clique just because she doesn't look as pretty anymore? I know this happens in real life, it happens to me and my friends, but Nickelodeon are implying this is right! No it's not! I'm going to start putting these problems in a list, because I have a lot. 3) GRACE. Why couldn't Molly or some other brunette or redhead be the stupid girl? Maybe Nick feel they need an idiot to obtain viewers, but the stupid blonde again? It's been done way too many times. I'm not blonde, but it's just tiring how many networks, websites and apps use the dumb blonde stereotype. It's just DONE. 4) The bathroom. Why on earth would you have about three hundred nail polish bottles, about five shopping centres worth of clothes and shoes and two times that amount of make up??? It doesn't make sense. I understand the girls are meant to be fashion obsessed but why...? It doesn't make sense at all. It's not even funny as in 'so stupid it's funny.' 5)
Teen, 16 years old Written bySodaDog December 20, 2013

A bombardment!

As coming here a year late in the UK, i watched one episode of this show and i hated it. the Perfs" are horrible role models since they only focus on one thing that keeps them excited: CONSUMERISM. Thank goodness it got cancelled only after one season.
Kid, 11 years old January 20, 2013

So Much Talent And A Disappointing Channel

Their stars have so much amazing talent that is getting wasted on Nickelodeon. It's a good show basically but the jokes are kind of lame and nit very funny. It's getting cancelled anyway but they'll move on to better things than what Nickelodeon has become. A trashy channel with lame jokes and sadly extremely talented stats with talent that is getting wasted.
Kid, 12 years old December 25, 2012

Clean Enough

Better than Degrassi or Dance Academy. I don't think I really like Kasey as a role model. She's sort of snotty and greedy, and doesn't really treat her friends very well. Kasey only cares about beating Molly and being better than her. Kasey only cares about herself and how she looks and what people think about her. Popularity is sort of an issue. Are all popular girls snotty? What about the kind of "popular" where you're nice and everyone thinks you're fun to be around? Does that make you "snotty" or "Bratty" or worthy of the being labeled "the perfs"? Kasey and Molly are constantly fighting over the stupidest things such has a necklace or who where a dress or outfit better. This show is not realistic at all!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLu Bu November 30, 2012

How to clean a goat's butt

Nick is not even trying, can't they ever think, this is awful, Nick has started trying to entertain little girls, NICK PLEASE STOP!!!!!!!!! It is for the best of your channel.
Kid, 11 years old November 29, 2012

Laaammee

How to Rock is actually pretty funny, but I don't get what each episode is about. If there's nothing good on, I suggest you watch Spongebob before tuning in to How to Rock.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy September 24, 2012

"How to Suck at singing" is more like it!

OK,it's not the worst show ever.I've seen worse.But man,this show is annoying.What makes it better is that...IT'S GETTING CANCELLED! YESH!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMiss90s August 18, 2012

Good show for tween girls!

This show is all about being yourself, which is good. I like it even though I don't watch it much.
Kid, 10 years old August 12, 2012

Super cheesy

I saw this show once, and it had a really stupid fart joke. Plus, my friend likes this show. Honestly, it's terrible. All I can say. -Samantha (chocolatecake123)
Teen, 15 years old Written bykeNINJA101 July 24, 2012

SUCKS!

Yet another show with music... The acting is bad. The plot lines are stupid. And i swear the main girl gets kicked out of the band all the time. In the first episode, she got kicked out of the perfs, joined gravity 5, left, then rejoined. Then in another episode, she got kicked out. Im sure thats happened more. Even worse, each episode is basically casey doing something stupid and making one of her friends mad at her and then by the end of it she promises never to do it again... why? In one episode her friend makes a clay sculpture of her, she lied and said she liked it, accidently broke it, and then painted her self and posed as the statue during the art show. That EXACT same thing was done for thats so raven. except so much better! Don't watch this show! it's as painful as being covered in open sores and thrown into a pit of salt.
Kid, 12 years old July 20, 2012

Good

It's appropriate for kid. It has a good message or kid. Because says only you can be you i can be me. So shes saying don't be a follower be a leader.I love this show.I hope for a 2nd season.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGabiey July 17, 2012

Rockin show

This show promotes inner beauty and being your self no matter what others say or think about you, I like this show, while the jokes aren't as funny as par say victorious or iCarly the message is whats important, the music is also very inspiring, like Only you can be you. The role models are the main characters of the show, they promote accepting others for who they are or what they look like.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPAPAYA:) May 1, 2012

??????

FURIOUS PIGEONS? PERFS? WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old April 27, 2012

Agree With TinaToya

Ehh.. OK for kids who find people acting stupid funny. I personally hate the show but I agree with TinaToya about the music. Why dont they do horse riding or tennis camp? D-
Kid, 10 years old April 17, 2012

Love it! Awesome Show!

Love the show. It even shows that if someone is bullying you (The perfs) You should stand up to them, and if they hate you just because you have glasses or braces they're not your friends. The music is awesome <3 I love it. And they're good role models too!
Teen, 15 years old Written bykatcar12 March 31, 2012

STUPID

STUPID!!! DON'T BOTHER! I'm disappointed in nickelodeon. Nick is going so down hill! They're turning into a stupid disney channel. Don't waste your time with this crap. Watch shows like victorious or iCarly
Teen, 16 years old Written byJoseph Rock February 29, 2012

Tolerable,but not the best.

This show is OK.It is colorful,and musical.BUT I hate the jokes.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoon_girl123 February 25, 2012

Together, We Could Help Get It Canceled . . .

I honestly hate this show. It doesn't make sense, it's super corny, and has cheap, shabbily put together teenage stereo-types. The acting is also terrible, and the only thing positive about it is Cymphonique's singing voice. I also hate it how Kasey think's she can't win the talent show (1st episode) unless she's all "perfy" and beautiful. She even says, "I don't need my glasses to sing." Um, yeah I think you're going to need them when you're BLIND BY THE TIME YOU'RE TWENTY-FIVE. Do not watch and please do not let you're kids watch this either. No positive messages and crummy role models!