All member reviews for I Shouldn't Be Alive

Gripping tales of survival for sturdy families.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow May 7, 2012

Fantastic, but occasionally disturbing

Next to Lost Tapes, this is my favorite Animal Planet TV show ever. It is insanely gripping and even makes me cover my eyes at some parts. The deaths/injuries are gruesome and there is some language, but the characters are great role models as they always find the bravery and courage to stay alive. This will be an iffy choice for young tweens, but older kids will surely watch it every day they can.
Kid, 10 years old June 19, 2014

Awesome but bloody

This is the best reality show I've ever watched, it's heartbreaking but beautiful! If your sensitive to blood and body tissue, torn flesh, don't watch it!! It's very violent. It is really good but if you let your little kid around 5 yrs old watch it, your gonna expect to have a wet bed and child with blood curdling screams yeah I'm talking bout nightmares. But otherwise it's really good!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byanna1999 July 18, 2012

best programme ever

LOVE THIS SHOW SOOOOO MUCH violent with some situations where the characters face death all about real life situations that happened to people being reanacted by actors. scary sometimes involving sharks and animals
Kid, 7 years old October 16, 2011

cool show

the show is really cool.there is blood sometimes but obviously everything is an act and the blood isnt real.but it can be scary sometimes, but isnt too bad.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 October 8, 2011

Really Good

The show's good, but does have some content that may be intense for young kids. But overall, it's ok and teaches kids to never give up, even when things look bad. Violence: Some gruesome images Language: Use of "hell" and "d**n" Consumerism: Some brands of clothing and vehicles are shown
Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2011

Luv

Wow!!! I absolutely love this show!! I just saw it a couple of days ago. I saw the one where the family gets lost in the desert the images were kinda disturbing, and the girl wants to be dead and drink her own pee. I started feeling a little sick ( ny stomache hurt) and got chills, even my 17 yr old cousin said it was gross. I'm used to it now I always cry and sometimes cover my eyes. Animal Planet has made me a lot stronger with blood and gore :-}
Kid, 12 years old July 6, 2011

Real events - Real injuries - Really intense for young ones.

Good show. It's best for older kids and adults. Kids under ten might be frightened by the events or probably won't understand it. The show is based on real events of people who survived serious dramatic events. Example: 3 men get stuck on a desert island for 13 days. One of them die. So, obviously it can scare some kids. I pause this show for 9 year olds.
Kid, 11 years old April 2, 2011

The Intense Factor

This is probably the most intense show that there is as far as "appropriate" for 10 year olds'. To me most definitely not! It really can be a tight-gripper of the subject hard to watch. It really makes you shake because of the gruesome subjects that there is. Best for the mature ones and with a parent to help!
Kid, 11 years old March 14, 2011

good for 9+

It's a really great show, but those who are kinda sensitive and scared easily shouldn't watch it... It does say viewer discretion is advised at the beginning. In most of the episodes, the person/people make it out alive, it obvious because they're narrating. Overall, I think anyone 9/10+ would enjoy it.
Kid, 8 years old December 20, 2010

great show

I have seen many of them great show but sometimes its sad.
Parent Written byPlague October 19, 2010

I Shouldn't Be Alive

This show is epic, and great for families to watch together.
Teen, 16 years old Written bybrandi253 October 13, 2010

i think my favorite was when i boy scout troop went to the grand canyon. that one was really good.
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2010

Very intense show is not for the young or the very sensitive

I watched this show out of boredom and after watching it, I wished there had been something else to watch. My pros about this shows is it can teach you how to handle stuff if you ever get into those kinds of situations and tells you stuff that happens and what causes stuff that happens to the body(example:heat stroke, hypothermia,etc). Although it is a very intense show and some of the stuff they show can be upsetting for younger and sensitive viewers. I am a sensitive person and after seeing this show it upset me a lot after seeing someone die. Some of the people make questionable choices in order to survive such as leaving people behind. I do not recommend this show for very sensitive people(or for people who don't like to see people suffer).
Adult Written byXtremesk8er4ever April 3, 2010

Kid, 10 years old March 29, 2010

Iffy for mids.

I like this show although there is blood and intense and sometimes real injuries shown on screen. The shark attack episode is very dramatic and bloody. The mildest one I've seen is the ATV accident when someone is crushed by his ATV on his legs and cuts his circulation and there is still very intense scenes in that episode. This show is very very intense.
Kid, 10 years old November 27, 2008

lame

what is this it is a wanna be scarred if you want somthing good scrred is where its at
Teen, 15 years old Written byCrocodilesRule April 9, 2008