Parent of a 1, 2, and 4 year old Written bymycatslove June 2, 2009

Show Is Going Down Hill

When icarly first came on it was great. But after the episode where Carly disobeys Spencer by going to that fight to interview a celebrity, I have to say, I've lost all respect for the show. Same with the Bad Boy episode. I understand it needs to relate to tween's, but it should show that there are consequences for not obeying. The show is basically saying you can do whatever you want. Though, I do have to say, Spencer makes me laugh in every episode!
Adult Written bysophier84733 December 20, 2014

Love it

I personally love it, great for kids. and i do not understand why people are being to serious and over protective about it. It's a kids show people! well back to the review, the only part about is the language (geek,Loser,stupid).
Adult Written byBest4mykids October 28, 2012

Quit targeting 8 year olds with teen material I say

Why they rate these shows for 8 year olds is beyond me it's a teen show not 8 year olds show. So unless your goal is teen pregnancy I suggest you save shows that show romance for kids who are old enough to handle what follows.
Parent Written byStanleypuss July 14, 2012

Bad Show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the worst television show on TV. It is crude tries to be funny (and doesn't succeed) and is innapropriate. I don't see how it's funny to refer to boobs and balls. It is not educational and it does not make sense how Sam hates Fred and then kisses him. If you want to watch a good TV show this show is a bad idea.
Adult Written byJEDI micah April 25, 2012

OK, but acting needs improvement!

This show is alright, but some of the acting can be a little terrible. Sometimes the plot in one episode is a little stupid as well. But there are some funny moments, especially with Carly's brother, Spencer. One thing parents may be concerned about is the amount of talk about dating and relationships. There are also some kissing, handholding, and even talking about bras! This show may be a little inappropriate for kids 10 and under.
Parent Written byGracie Live<3 January 28, 2012

Good for 11-15 year old(:

Somethings I don't like about my kids watching it I only like my 8 year old watching it and I like to be there.
Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 2, 2012

I-carly

good amount of laughs and some funny bits
Parent of a 9 year old Written byThe Powells April 24, 2011
Little mature at times for our 9yr. old Son.
Educator and Parent Written byfruityputooty February 27, 2011

Messages not clear and positive for tweens and younger

I have watched this show on and off for two years and decided that my 7year old will not watch it. My son wanted to watch this show exclusively when he was allowed to watch his 1 show of tV per day. There are many rude comments about people, they are materialistic and their lives are not balanced. It reminds me of 1970's sitcoms. Sam is funny, but rude and violent. The messages are very confusing. We had many discussions about the character's behaviors....so much to explain, and when the behaviors were being modeled in the home it was time to pull the plug.
Parent of a 14 year old Written bycwbyht February 17, 2011

Okay For Tweens

I think this show is okay for 10 and up, but older teens might find it silly. I find it silly, but I don't see anything I would describe as objectionable, or inappropriate.
Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written bydanimd January 12, 2011

Mindless

My kids love it, but I think it is mindless and I don't like the lack of parental supervision on the show. I also don't like Carly's best friends character and how mean she can be. I would prefer they watch something else, but don't make a huge deal out of it. I don't let them watch it too much.
Parent of a 7 year old Written bycmck July 25, 2010
I can't believe that Sam is not mentioned as a negative role model for kids. She is constantly threatening, menacing or physically abusing her friends and others. I thought that this show was cute for my child until I realized these behaviors are regular occurrences on the episodes. Also, it is rarely ,if ever mentioned that Sam is wrong for acting like this, so no lessons learned about bullying.
Parent of a 7, 7, and 8 year old Written byMama23Texans November 16, 2009

Healthy Girl Role-Models

My kids love this show, and so do I. I think Carly is a great role model for loyalty, friendship, good grades and more. The girls are never dressed overly sexy or suggestive, they are dressed age-appropriate in my opinion; unlike Hannah Montana. I give it 3 lil' thumbs up!
Parent of a 6 year old Written byLJS1982 November 10, 2009
I have watched episodes with my 6 year old and don't appreciate all the "oh my God" 's throughout the show. I find it offensive.
Adult Written byyoman June 25, 2009
Adult Written byThe JP Show June 23, 2009

The I Date a bad boy special should Be TV-PG

The show does contain Positive message,but not for Kids under 6 Because they flirt alot and they pretend to be injured
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written bymeanymom January 28, 2009

Another really bad show. NOT appropriate for tweens!

I saw an episode of this show which ended up with Carly &amp; her friends breaking into the school office &amp; raising their grades on the school computer. NO consequences, they were portrayed as the good guys. The kids do pretty much what they want with no regard for authority. Stick with SpongeBob. Your kids will be better off.
Adult Written byJohnDavid3500 June 27, 2015

Average

In quality, this show is not bad, but is neither good. It's watchable and entertaining, but not a big deal. There are a lot of unfunny jokes, mediocre acting, shallow storylines, designated heroes, mishandled romance and unlikeable characters. The only redeeming character is Spencer, but in comedy. About it's classification, it's not a grave case, but there are some things to have into account. Carly and Sam often behave in a immoral way, but they rarely have consequences about this and are treated as heroines. There is too much toilet humor. The adult characters are treated as scapegoats of humor. There is a bit of sexy stuff (and unsexy counting Gibby's shirtless scenes and Spencer when is naked (don't worry, it's not sexualized nor frequent)), like Carly or Sam. There is swearing to some extent.
Parent of a 1, 9, and 11 year old Written byamymomof3girls October 24, 2014

Clean and Funny!

We all laugh at this show! It is my 11 year old and 9 year old's favorite show. Well done, Nickelodeon! Sad that it ended!
Adult Written byLPSFan1994 April 4, 2014

Excellent!

I have watched this since its first episode and I know that there is nothing wrong with the show. When someone tries to ruin the web show, what do you expect them to do, ask them to say "I'm sorry." There's a reason why I was never sheltered from anything like this, because you don't need to. They use harmless pranks to get back at people who were picking on them or mean, or jerky. When Nevel hacks iCarly.com, it isn't like he was just going to give it back so they had to do something, and like shown in that episode if they really need it, they have adult supervision and help. As for the "rude comments" in iDo, they were just expressing their opinions but they were keeping them between just the 4 of them, and if you are going to sing an upbeat pop song, you can't just wear fancy outfit because the two won't blend and both will seem tacky. But anyway most of the time they use the web show to help their friends and sometimes even their enemies like when they used iCarly to help Nevel get his rep back so people would stop hating him. Or when they used the show so Principal Franklin say Happy Birthday to his daughter in a unique way and in a way she would really really love. This show is meant to empower kids and teens and show them that if they think they can do better than do it. Because after all that is how the show got started, when Ms. Briggs wouldn't let any of the kids Sam and Carly chose for the talent show be in it, and all three kids decided to form a web show so that adults couldn't always dictate what kids see and do. It is a great show and has definitely shown me to be more confident.