All parent member reviews for iCarly

Parent Written byLeahLeahLeah February 8, 2012

Come on, people!

Oh my gosh people! What do you expect in a show made for tweens? Do you expect there to be unicorns and rainbows and magical fairies? Sorry, but as much as most of us would like life to be like that, it just isn't. Kids go to school every day and are exposed to more than you can imagine. You'd be surprised what they hear. Way worse than what they see on icarly, I can tell you that. It's bad acting and the jokes aren't funny, I agree with that but little kids find them hilarious. And another thing, I see complaints about inappropriate jokes, but younger kids won't get them. You people are too sensitive. Think back to when you were a kid. What did you watch on tv? What did you hear at school? Sheesh, these are teenagers on the show.
Parent Written byGracie Live<3 January 28, 2012

Good for 11-15 year old(:

Somethings I don't like about my kids watching it I only like my 8 year old watching it and I like to be there.
Parent of a 1, 4, and 9 year old Written byAG Fan Parent January 18, 2012

Not so Clean

Nickelodeon has always been a little less cautious about how inappropriate their shows are then Disney is, but Victorious and their other shows are not nearly as bad as this one. My kids watch a lot of Disney and Nick shows, and I've never had a problem. But ICarly is different. In this show, they say "Oh, my God" all the time, which might not bother some people but as a Catholic it bothers me. Also, they have said the word "Hobknocker" on the show, which I don't fully understand, but I do know that it is rather inappropriate. They also call people jerks and losers, which doesn't really bother me because my 9-year-old isn't about to copy behavior, and I don't mind the word jerk anyway. Loser, yes. They also make many references to boobs, and even used fake boobs in an episode. This show isn't explicit or anything, but maybe you should be careful. It's not the harmless comedy you might expect from Nickelodeon. My 9-year-old is old enough that it doesn't really bother me that she watches it, but my 4-year-old is just too young. Anyway, it's not a great show. It would be, but Sam just irritates me. I'm not sure why, but she just makes me want to yell.
Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 2, 2012

I-carly

good amount of laughs and some funny bits
Parent Written byJane11 December 28, 2011

ICarly - fine for teens but not 8 year olds

I think ICarly is fine for teens I would not let my 8 year old daughter watch it. There are references to boobs, in one episode a teacher is referred to as having pointy boobs, one of the characters, Sam, is violent and always poking fun at Freddie, while Carly herself, whilst usually wearing jeans, is often seen wearing short mini skirts or very short micro mini skirts. Apparently in one episode, her skirt is so short Carly's panties are quite easily visible, not a great role model, whilst her elder brother Spencer is probable the worst role modelof them all. Certainly not for 8 year olds.
Adult Written byraquelp1234 November 6, 2011

Come on parents..

I think the parents are overly judging the show.. come on it's just a tv show. IT IS NOT REAL.. what do they mean by them not knowing the safety precautions of posting a webshow on the internet.. it's just for fun and entertainment.. as for the flirting and dating stuff kids will go through that eventually.
Adult Written byMovieCertificate November 2, 2011

Good entertaining show. It has positive messages such as standing up for your friends and families. Parents, just be careful. Carly often uses Oh, My God. In the pilot episode, there was an excessive use of Boobs.
Parent Written byGrandma M October 22, 2011

GRANDMA STOMPS ON "iCARLY"......

I am a grandma and my Grandson's, age 8 &amp; 6, love to watch this show. I watch with them and my comment is: it shows lots of disrespect, bullying, sexual implications, lots of "smart mouth" from Sam......not something children need to be seeing as roll models at a young age. This just makes them think, all that is "o.k.". We all know IT'S NOT!!! My Daughter is putting this show on a "diet TV" til the boys are older. Great, smart idea...if you've never watched this show, do yourself and your children a favor and watch it; then make your own decision.....Grandma Monna "I'm just sayn".....
Educator Written bycaffinegirl85 October 2, 2011

the show isn't all that bad!

The parents are getting a little carried away 1st of all i love this show its very educational its a great way for kids to use the internet which to me is amazing i didn't know how to use the web until atleast 13 now a days kids at 7 can use the internet The show is basically just a fun easy giong show about 3 teens just wantingto have fun having there own web show which is cool so Sam might be sorta rude to Freddie but she's still a nice person Carly is super sweet Spencer is funny this show isn't bad so parents chill out okay?!
Parent Written byQbabysmommy September 25, 2011

Do TV night with your kids.

This show is hilarious. Myself and my seven year old watch it together all the time. We see the humor in the show in different ways and as a parent it gives us something to talk about as far as the issues that are presented. We discuss what Sam did that was inappropriate and how you should not use certain words and how this is not how real life works. He understands that it is a TV show that is made to be funny most of the time and it is for entertainment purposes only. If you watch with your child and know what your children are doing than this show is perfectly fine.
Parent of a 5 and 15 year old Written byHillsy July 31, 2011

Wholesome Family Fun Taken Too Seriously!

ICarly is a fun show and entertaining for the family. My husband and I enjoy the show and so do our kids. I think some of the people reviewing on here claiming to be “children” are adults trying to make a bigger impression. Kids don’t talk like these people, these “kids” have a vocabulary on par with mine and I majored in English! I also would like to clear up some falsehoods that have been stated. Unlike many people saying they’ve seen one or two episodes, I have seen EVERY episode of this show, most multiple times. These kids are NOT 12 years old nor are they in middle school anymore. When the show started they were 13 and in 8th grade. They are starting season 5 next month (August, 2011), they will be 17 and high school SENIORS aka 12th grade. Obviously, they aren’t interested in ponies and dolls at this age. If you would find the way an average high school student behaves appropriate for your kids to be around, than you would find this show appropriate. If you expect them to act like 4 year olds because your 4 year old is watching, turn on Nick Jr. All the characters of the show have their own personalities. Carly is your average teenage girl, she likes her makeup and clothes, as well as (gasp) boys. She’s a good student with good grades (almost got straight A’s once but missed because of one B+). Yes, Sam is a bully, but she’s not all bad. While she has a smart mouth like most teens I know, she cares deeply for her friends and would do almost anything for them. Freddie is your stereotypical nerd, and yes, Sam picks on him, but also shows him affection and loyalty. He’s very smart and witty. Spencer, Carly’s older brother and guardian is eccentric and silly, but also cares deeply for his sister and her friends and their well being. Freddie’s mom is highly overprotective and often embarrassing, but always displays that Freddie is the most important thing in the world to her. Carly’s father is a Colonial in the U.S. Navy. While he’s never seen on the show, he’s mentioned regularly and Carly and Spencer have shown that they try to make him proud. Sam’s mom is a mess, but like I’ve stated I’ve seen every episode and never heard any mention of her being an addict/alcoholic. The school principle is a fun guy, but he also lays down the law when the kids get in trouble. As far as the dialogue and “questionable” content go, you have to remember these are older teenagers. They don’t swear. Yes, they say things like “boobs”. Yes there are some kind of sexual jokes (like the squirrel joke), but it’s nothing your 5-9 year old is going to catch onto or understand. They don’t talk about actually having sex themselves. Yes, there is kissing, hugging, and the occasional guy getting hit in the groin, nothing your child hasn’t seen in a commercial or cartoon. While Spencer has been seen in boxers and towels, he’s fully covered. There’s like 2 times he’s nude, but the viewer doesn’t see it, the only people who do are Freddie (another boy who’s got the same things) and Mrs. Benson, an adult. The girls never do. There is a bra seen on the show. It’s hanging from a string and it tells scary stories. These kids are talking about far less suggestive things than I’ve seen the teenagers the same age talk about on MTV, the CW, and FOX. It’s not even comparable to the high school shows on those networks, and the kids are the same age. The girls don’t go boy jumping as described, in 4 seasons Sam’s dated 2 or 3 guys, Carly has dated about the same. Many of Spencer’s “dates” consist of playing board games, watching movies, or dinner. He’s like 30, I think he’s allowed to date by now. I highly disagree with the comments about them doing bad things and having no consequences. Yes, there are times Sam picks on Freddie and doesn’t get in trouble, but probably would if Freddie were to tell an adult. Sam is regularly in detention, the principles office, and has even been to Juvenile Hall, I think those are all some pretty good examples of consequences! As far as the episode where Carly has a tantrum and sneaks out, she is grounded for 2 weeks for it. There is an episode where Carly fails her homework assignment and has to do undesirable extra credit to make up for it. Sam has even learned lessons on her own after realizing what she’s done was wrong. The kids often learn their lessons after ending up in sticky situations due to their antics. The kids do have supervision when they go away (like to LA twice, the woods, Japan, etc), Spencer is always in attendance, and often so is Mrs. Benson. No they don’t have an adult with them everywhere they go, did you at 16? Bottom line, this is TV! It’s not real life. If you’re worried about some of the things mentioned, watch the show with your kids so you can explain to them this is not reality and what would not be acceptable in real life. I watch this show with my kids. I figure it’s a lot better to watch something like this with them than have them watching something like Skins, 90210, or other “teenage” dramas with more sexual content than shows aimed at adults behind my back. ICarly is a funny show that can be enjoyed by the whole family. I think some people are overreacting to a single episode or joke they didn’t particularly care for. There’s nothing dirty or edgy about this show. My 5 1/2 year old watches it with us, she doesn't get the jokes regarding anything sexual (like the squirrel joke). And there is only ONE episode where someone yells mean things into the camera. The hacking into the school's computer episode, Sam got in trouble. Carly and Freddie didn't because they were trying to fix what she had done, they felt so guilty they couldn't sleep at night! I think it's terrible to judge a person by what's on their tv like some of the people on here are doing.
Parent Written bywondermom21 July 2, 2011

READ MY COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

icarly is a generally good show. they do use some langauge i would not want my 4 year old to pick up on. such as jerk loser and they ocassionaly say they are p'od.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bythesavants08 June 29, 2011

No for Tweens!

While I don't find most Nick shows appropriate for kids, add this one to the list! I don't think it's as sexually charged as Victorious, but the bratty teens drive me crazy! Sam, the bossy friend, is a bully in every way. They constantly tell the guy friend he can't do things because he's a 'geek'. While I think Miranda Cosgrove is cute her character is a total brat at times. It's another typical Nick show where the parents get no respect or don't exist. I do believe though they are supposed to be middle school age, and are completely obsessed with dating like actual going on dates alone dating! Which in my opinion is a high school thing, not a jr high tween thing. These shows are what's leading to our teens being "16 and Pregnant"! We allow our kids to think it's ok to be so sexual at 12 when it's not. Now I know why my parents rarely allowed me to watch Nickelodeon till I was in high school! Stick to Disney shows which are a lot better than this!
Parent Written bycacmccoy June 10, 2011

diappointed

I thought this was an innocent show but my son (13) was watching it and they had a "ghost bra" on the show. My son thought nothing of it. I just don't understand why girls underwear had to be put in the show. I just don't understand why we are pushing sex onto kids at such a young age.
Parent Written bymadronemedia May 13, 2011

Not very good. All about getting on their website with goofy pranks.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bydramaqueen@hotm... May 12, 2011

Well i think its a very apporite tv show for children to watch Carly sets a good example as a cute 15 year old teen her fashion in clothes are the cutest ofcourse cause she is a girly girl Sam the other girl i love to she unlike Carly more of the tomboy type she&#039;s cool funny and knows how to have fun Freddie the only boy but i very much enjoy his charcter outta all the i carly charcters he&#039;s very smart nice loyal great with tech stuff and cute and i love how he cares so much about Carly i have to say this is a wonderful show for all the children the best age for a kid to watch this 5 i would say or 6 i know my little cousin loves the show cause she tv voved the i saved your life eposide on Nick and we watched the eposide on the tv she&#039;ll be 7 in May and i know she loves the show wonderful show for all ages!
Parent of a 9 year old Written byThe Powells April 24, 2011

Little mature at times for our 9yr. old Son.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bykidkate April 24, 2011

Funny show

Funny and cute show. My 6-year old watches it with us. He enjoys a lot of the silly stuff that happens in the show like spaghetti tacos, etc. I like that the girls clothing is modest. I like that in general the show is very positive. Sam isn't always nice-- but that is her character and she's called out on it.
Adult Written byperfectsense April 15, 2011

Parent of a 7 year old Written byhectorin April 5, 2011

perfect for almost everyone

i love it because is funny but theres a lot of kissing