Adult Written byLPSFan1994 April 4, 2014

Excellent!

I have watched this since its first episode and I know that there is nothing wrong with the show. When someone tries to ruin the web show, what do you expect them to do, ask them to say "I'm sorry." There's a reason why I was never sheltered from anything like this, because you don't need to. They use harmless pranks to get back at people who were picking on them or mean, or jerky. When Nevel hacks iCarly.com, it isn't like he was just going to give it back so they had to do something, and like shown in that episode if they really need it, they have adult supervision and help. As for the "rude comments" in iDo, they were just expressing their opinions but they were keeping them between just the 4 of them, and if you are going to sing an upbeat pop song, you can't just wear fancy outfit because the two won't blend and both will seem tacky. But anyway most of the time they use the web show to help their friends and sometimes even their enemies like when they used iCarly to help Nevel get his rep back so people would stop hating him. Or when they used the show so Principal Franklin say Happy Birthday to his daughter in a unique way and in a way she would really really love. This show is meant to empower kids and teens and show them that if they think they can do better than do it. Because after all that is how the show got started, when Ms. Briggs wouldn't let any of the kids Sam and Carly chose for the talent show be in it, and all three kids decided to form a web show so that adults couldn't always dictate what kids see and do. It is a great show and has definitely shown me to be more confident.
Adult Written bycommonsensegal September 25, 2013

Miranda Cosgrove and Jennette McCurdy are hot

I love this show!
Parent Written bymovielover85 July 5, 2013

not a bad show as some people think.

its not all of a bad show as people say it is. as it gets older it does get a bit mature but its one of those mature Nick shows. however i like it. i think kids should be able to watch this show.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 November 26, 2012

icarly

bad to be able to access so much information and content? How does the Web affect your relationship with other people? What are some of the dangers associated with Internet use? Has anyone you know ever been bullied or otherwise mistreated online? How? What did they do? Remind your kids that they should never say anything online that they wouldn't say to someone's face, and make sure tweens understand your rules for using the Internet, especially regarding uploading videos and providing personal information to any website. For more on Internet safety, click here.
Parent of a 2, 8, and 12 year old Written bycremepie998 September 2, 2012

Good Show

iCarly is a good, funny show. In a few episodes there is a quick kiss, but nothing dirty. Carly says "he's hot" and "boobs" for picky parents, but I think kids 9 & up should be able to watch it.
Adult Written byTropicalhurricane July 28, 2012

Not impressed, Disney channel has better sitcoms.

This show doesn't have great role models. Sam is a terrible model for kids under 10 . The show isn't good for tweens. It also includes a lot of violence. Disney channel has much better shows and role models.
Educator and Parent Written bychristian-witness June 28, 2012

pause for under 8 yrs old

The content is mostly benign, with language limited to some name-calling ("loser" and "jerk," for example) and a simplistic view of teen relationships, but the show does raise timely points about issues like cyberbullying, since the characters sometimes use their broadcasts to rant about other people.
Parent Written byImSpidey2 May 24, 2012

What the %^@&?

What the heck is this? This is even worse than Planet Fail. iCarly? More like iFail. This show's retarded.
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 14, 2012

I like it.

This show is super funny! It has funny jokes and great voice acting! The theme song is pretty good too.
Parent Written byMorissaW March 29, 2012

iCarly

There is kissing on this show, not good for my 8 year old.
Parent Written bykickstand March 28, 2012

Obnoxious and loathsome show

The characters are obnoxious and overly mean to each other; after watching this show for a while, my kids started to insult and bicker more than usual. Of note: a particularly obnoxious episode ("iDo") featured the characters going to a wedding in Wisconsin. The American heartland becomes the butt of jokes about how terrible a place it must be. Oh, pity the poor unsophisticated rubes who have the misfortune to live in Wisconsin instead of sophisticated Seattle!
Adult Written byVictorian Gentlemen February 22, 2012

At least this one has a budget

This show not good for children, but if they are going to watch a teen show it may as well be this one. This show has no real role model and the ones it dose have are only ever temporarily so. This show is not for a christian household. It would appear to be based on friends and functions the same way candy cigarettes did, by replacing the word sex with the word kiss. Just watch any episode about "love" and dating and you will see what I mean. It also shows children a world without any real rules and many children, who may start living simi or fully vicariously through the show (which is a real possibility), will either start behaving as though the real world has just as few rules, or becoming disappointed with the real world and start devoting less effort to it. But the one problem I have with this show specifically is that it promotes mediocrity. The girls are terrible comedians but somehow everyone they meet loves their show. The older brother is supposed to be a great artist, which I will admit there are times he shows some natural ability, but he has yet show that he is capable of making anything which people would take off your hands without first being payed, and he never is shown actually putting any effort into his "work" beyond what they can make a joke of.
Parent Written byLeahLeahLeah February 8, 2012

Come on, people!

Oh my gosh people! What do you expect in a show made for tweens? Do you expect there to be unicorns and rainbows and magical fairies? Sorry, but as much as most of us would like life to be like that, it just isn't. Kids go to school every day and are exposed to more than you can imagine. You'd be surprised what they hear. Way worse than what they see on icarly, I can tell you that. It's bad acting and the jokes aren't funny, I agree with that but little kids find them hilarious. And another thing, I see complaints about inappropriate jokes, but younger kids won't get them. You people are too sensitive. Think back to when you were a kid. What did you watch on tv? What did you hear at school? Sheesh, these are teenagers on the show.
Parent of a 1, 4, and 9 year old Written byAG Fan Parent January 18, 2012

Not so Clean

Nickelodeon has always been a little less cautious about how inappropriate their shows are then Disney is, but Victorious and their other shows are not nearly as bad as this one. My kids watch a lot of Disney and Nick shows, and I've never had a problem. But ICarly is different. In this show, they say "Oh, my God" all the time, which might not bother some people but as a Catholic it bothers me. Also, they have said the word "Hobknocker" on the show, which I don't fully understand, but I do know that it is rather inappropriate. They also call people jerks and losers, which doesn't really bother me because my 9-year-old isn't about to copy behavior, and I don't mind the word jerk anyway. Loser, yes. They also make many references to boobs, and even used fake boobs in an episode. This show isn't explicit or anything, but maybe you should be careful. It's not the harmless comedy you might expect from Nickelodeon. My 9-year-old is old enough that it doesn't really bother me that she watches it, but my 4-year-old is just too young. Anyway, it's not a great show. It would be, but Sam just irritates me. I'm not sure why, but she just makes me want to yell.
Parent Written byJane11 December 28, 2011

ICarly - fine for teens but not 8 year olds

I think ICarly is fine for teens I would not let my 8 year old daughter watch it. There are references to boobs, in one episode a teacher is referred to as having pointy boobs, one of the characters, Sam, is violent and always poking fun at Freddie, while Carly herself, whilst usually wearing jeans, is often seen wearing short mini skirts or very short micro mini skirts. Apparently in one episode, her skirt is so short Carly's panties are quite easily visible, not a great role model, whilst her elder brother Spencer is probable the worst role modelof them all. Certainly not for 8 year olds.
Adult Written byraquelp1234 November 6, 2011

Come on parents..

I think the parents are overly judging the show.. come on it's just a tv show. IT IS NOT REAL.. what do they mean by them not knowing the safety precautions of posting a webshow on the internet.. it's just for fun and entertainment.. as for the flirting and dating stuff kids will go through that eventually.
Adult Written byMovieCertificate November 2, 2011

Good entertaining show. It has positive messages such as standing up for your friends and families. Parents, just be careful. Carly often uses Oh, My God. In the pilot episode, there was an excessive use of Boobs.
Adult Written byHeyArnold84 October 23, 2011

iCarly

My 11 year old has loved this show since she was 7 and still does now! I have to say I disagree with on for 8+, there are many sexual jokes on iCarly. For example- Carly: .......oh look! 2 squirrels wrestling! Spencer: Carly- they're not wrestling. (shocked look on Carly's face). Another example- Freddie: Well the chickens wouldn't, you know, make babies. (later in the episode) T-Bo: .....Mrs. Benson, I'm very sorry you're chickens wouldn't do.....the "dillydoo". My daughter did not understand these jokes until recently, up until then they went in one ear and out the other. In addition, there are also many jokes about bras and boobs ("Why are you here?" "I need to borrow a bra." ........."I spilled barbecue sauce on the left cup.") Also, there is some very mild language -"crap" is said once, "chiz"(Nick's alternative to the s-word) is said many times (aw, chiz!) My review makes the show sound bad, but honestly, kids 10 and over can handle it.
Parent Written byGrandma M October 22, 2011

GRANDMA STOMPS ON "iCARLY"......

I am a grandma and my Grandson's, age 8 & 6, love to watch this show. I watch with them and my comment is: it shows lots of disrespect, bullying, sexual implications, lots of "smart mouth" from Sam......not something children need to be seeing as roll models at a young age. This just makes them think, all that is "o.k.". We all know IT'S NOT!!! My Daughter is putting this show on a "diet TV" til the boys are older. Great, smart idea...if you've never watched this show, do yourself and your children a favor and watch it; then make your own decision.....Grandma Monna "I'm just sayn".....
Educator Written bycaffinegirl85 October 2, 2011

the show isn't all that bad!

The parents are getting a little carried away 1st of all i love this show its very educational its a great way for kids to use the internet which to me is amazing i didn't know how to use the web until atleast 13 now a days kids at 7 can use the internet The show is basically just a fun easy giong show about 3 teens just wantingto have fun having there own web show which is cool so Sam might be sorta rude to Freddie but she's still a nice person Carly is super sweet Spencer is funny this show isn't bad so parents chill out okay?!