All parent member reviews for iCarly

Parent of a 8 year old Written byCARLAANN March 30, 2011

INAPPROPRIATE

I THINK SAM IS TOO MUCH OF A BULLY. I LIKE THE OTHER CHARACTERS BUT SHE IS A BAD INFLUENCE FOR CHILDREN. I DO NOT ALLOW MY SON TO WATCH THE SHOW BECAUSE HE CAN PICK UP IDEAS ON HOW TO BULLY OTHER KIDS.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byfruityputooty February 27, 2011

Messages not clear and positive for tweens and younger

I have watched this show on and off for two years and decided that my 7year old will not watch it. My son wanted to watch this show exclusively when he was allowed to watch his 1 show of tV per day. There are many rude comments about people, they are materialistic and their lives are not balanced. It reminds me of 1970's sitcoms. Sam is funny, but rude and violent. The messages are very confusing. We had many discussions about the character's behaviors....so much to explain, and when the behaviors were being modeled in the home it was time to pull the plug.
Parent of a 14 year old Written bycwbyht February 17, 2011

Okay For Tweens

I think this show is okay for 10 and up, but older teens might find it silly. I find it silly, but I don't see anything I would describe as objectionable, or inappropriate.
Adult Written byOriginal February 8, 2011

This show is funny and amazing!
Parent of a 7, 10, and 13 year old Written byddnj February 7, 2011

Violent? Really? Do you people watch cartoons/video games or Power Rangers live action? iCarly is not violent. It's funny and quirky and yes, sometimes Sam is very rude, but she's good at heart and incredibly loyal to Carly. YOU are your child's role model so while watching, point out that Sam isn't very nice to Freddie sometimes and that friends shouldn't speak to each other like that, and they'll get the message. But Spencer, Carly, and Freddie are worth tuning in for.
Parent of a 8, 10, 13, and 18 year old Written byLovebug6727 February 2, 2011

I Carly

Not a show I would ever let my kids watch, Sam is very rude, In this show Sam has been in juvi and is a bully to Freddy and Gibby.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bybpsouto January 28, 2011

i love it, but is not for kids
Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written bydanimd January 12, 2011

Mindless

My kids love it, but I think it is mindless and I don't like the lack of parental supervision on the show. I also don't like Carly's best friends character and how mean she can be. I would prefer they watch something else, but don't make a huge deal out of it. I don't let them watch it too much.
Educator and Parent of a 8, 9, 10, and 17 year old Written byaromaticspace150 January 8, 2011

12 and up

I think it is good but boyfriend and girlfriends are not appropriate for under 12 but my girls love it so wish they would ease up on that aspect.
Adult Written byCorrine1028 December 5, 2010

Little kids shouldn't watch this

Some messages are positive and some negative. Some words like nub are used. Some of the characters are negative. Don't like Freddie's mom. Love Sam's take nothing attitude and it's good in someways because she doesn't let anyone pick on her friends, but on the other hand she uses it to be manipulative and make fun of other people and be mean to Freddie. Somethings are funny and somethings are not. Hate how Sam gives people wedgies. Don't like the hair pulling. I watch this a lot! . Carly for the most part is a good role model. She tries to do the right thing. She also tries to keep Sam out of trouble. Freddie is kind of wimpy. Only saw him a few times not being wimpy, but most of the time he is. Sometimes they give out too much information on their webshow. I love this show! Some episodes are better than others!:) Watch this with your kids if you let them watch it. It can be very violent sometimes.
Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written byfrzcomments November 27, 2010

Ok once in a while, would not like it to become a fave of my kid...

I found this site precisely looking for a review on Icarly; I know the show is very popular with kids. This site is a great idea implemented with excellent quality; thanks. As per the show; I think it is ok for my 8 year old to watch once in a while; silly, maybe stupid at times, but it has the elements of modern kid life, which you need to know if you want to understand and prepare for; it also has a few truly funny moments.
Adult Written bygood guy November 3, 2010

not as good as it once was

i loved this show for quite some time now it has turned in to a garbadge dump and not fit for anyone let alone my sibs keep in mind it used to be very fresh and rather funny
Parent of a 4, 8, and 10 year old Written byMeljo October 21, 2010

It just bothers me that their father is in the military and that gives the show a great opportunity to highlight the struggle that military families go through. There are kids out there with a parent or both parents deployed overseas and this show is just ignoring a key element that they have included. Carly and Spencer seem unphased by their dads deployment and never have any concerns about current events and his well being.
Adult Written byash220 September 29, 2010

1. iCarly does NOT have any language! 2. I can agree that most of the time Sam and Spencer can be a bad influence but it's nothing to dangerous!
Parent of a 8 year old Written bycatgirl102 September 23, 2010

i like this show even if sometimes it has some things but its was better than most cartoons
Parent of a 13 year old Written byDr. Weird September 12, 2010

okay.

fine.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bybubby90 September 11, 2010

i think icarly is realy dumb because the show does not make any sence its not funny i think spencer should be a little more grown up
Parent of a 12 year old Written byJoeyBroey177 August 15, 2010

yea, the founder of common sense is right. There is sooooo much sex in this show. Yep Carly is a sleazly sexaholic. Of course I was being sarcastic. This show can be viewed by anyone of any age... even though it is boring.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bykee10 August 14, 2010

Okay for 8 plus

My biggest complaint with this show is the use of God's name used very frequently. Sam is a bad role model in most episodes.There's also an awful lot of kissing, not too appropriate for younger kids. The show is somewhat entertaining and the acting isn't too bad.
Adult Written byKrbbup August 6, 2010

Comedy Show for Older Teens

This show is most certainly not my favorite, but it is interesting and usually pretty funny. There are several problems with this show that I wish they would correct. There appears to be an attitude of disrespect towards those who are not currently able to have a house and the elderly. They constantly make jokes about these two categories of people, which is horrible. The number one offense is that they take God's Name in vein as well as make jokes using the Bible. There is way to much talk about liking boys and girls and there is too much emphasis placed on kissing and dating. There is lots of humor and it has interesting plots. I would recommend this for older teens. GOD bless