All parent member reviews for iCarly

Adult Written byfannyapples July 29, 2009

This show sends out a good message. It says that kids can do whatever they put their minds to. Not only is the show entertaining and really funny, but it also aids in the succesful transition from being a kid to being a teenager. When compared to the subject matter of other shows of its kind, iCarly is encouraging and exciting and ACTUALLY clever. I think Parents have a problem with this show because in iCarly, KIDS WIN. That's the defining message. Kids are able to put on their own web show and go on their own adventures WITHOUT the usual stereotypical parental figure to say "No, no, no you shouldn't do that," with a wag of a finger and the shaking of the head. The parental figure in this show is always there to encourage the kids and guide them in whatever THEY want to do. NOT visa versa. Parents may not like that, but when you think about it, what's a better example/rolemodel than kids who are succesful and happy and are loyal friends?
Adult Written byFiggots July 24, 2009

Wow

I was watching it early and the word "Hob knocker" popped up a number of times in one episode. I suggest looking it up just to see for yourself why I gave this show a bad review, look it up on urban dictionary.
Adult Written bykeschreiber July 21, 2009

Not appropriate for my 6/7 year old. Don't like the more mature topics - kissing etc.
Adult Written byyoman June 25, 2009

Adult Written byThe JP Show June 23, 2009

The I Date a bad boy special should Be TV-PG

The show does contain Positive message,but not for Kids under 6 Because they flirt alot and they pretend to be injured
Parent of a 1 and 7 year old Written byTyler430 April 5, 2009

Parent of a 4, 9, and 20 year old Written bydanah671985 March 20, 2009

icarly rocks!!!

iCarly is one of the funniest shows on TV. We watch with our kids all the time. I wish more shows had this much creativity. We laugh harder at some of their antics then the kids do. Love Carly, Sam and Freddie. But Gibby dancing with his shirt off gets me every time. We recommend but think this is a family show and some topics my need further explanations from parents.
Parent of a 5, 7, and 9 year old Written bylibwcaution March 18, 2009

i have a love/hate relaitonship with this one...

For those asking "WHYyyyy do you h8 icarly?!" here is an answer: no, there aren't drugs. no, there isn't sex, etc. There is a less superficial concern. Anyone who has been bullied or who has a child has has been bullied will understand. I LOVE Carly, Freddie, Spencer, and there are even parts of Sam's character that are fun and wacky. This is a **GREAT** show- reminiscent of stuff seen on Salute Your Shorts, and You Can't Do That on Television in a vague sort of way. But SAM'S "slapstick" humor is unacceptable. Her character is complex- she is from a broken, neglectful home, but that should not excuse her obnoxious, abusive, bullying behavior. Freddie gets abused in various forms, dinosaurs get beaten, and other kids and adults get assaulted both physically and verbally. I just wish Carly had more influence on Sam, and perhaps her awful, petulant, abuse could tone down significantly. Otherwise, I really don't feel comfortable allowing my kids to watch it.
Adult Written bymusic724 January 30, 2009

I HATE THIS SHOW

i hate this show so much. Spencer lets Carly do almost anything. Sam is the WORST rolemodel for kids too. All she does is mooch on carlys food. She also does horrible things. For example, when she changed grades. These kids basically get away with everything too, no consequenses for anything... no matter how bad. All they have to do is look like they are sorry
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written bymeanymom January 28, 2009

Another really bad show. NOT appropriate for tweens!

I saw an episode of this show which ended up with Carly & her friends breaking into the school office & raising their grades on the school computer. NO consequences, they were portrayed as the good guys. The kids do pretty much what they want with no regard for authority. Stick with SpongeBob. Your kids will be better off.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written bybabyspike January 10, 2009

Thank you Nickelodeon!!

Thank you Nichelodeon for having the guts to put something clean, funny with a great message for girls on T.V. in this sex oriented media world. We absolutely love iCarly!! Just don't turn her into a tramp like they did with Ashley Tisdale, The Olson twins, Hillary Duff and Linzey Lohan. Keep Carly clean!
Adult Written byDizzy Blonde January 9, 2009

Best Show EVER!!!

I LOVE this show. It's funny, and I think Sam can teach kids a lesson. People don't act like she does. Spencer, Carly's 26-year old brother says somthing funny in every episode. On a one to 10 Scale, I definitely give it a 10!
Adult Written byshanny88 December 14, 2008

We like this show!

I watch this with my 8year old son and almost 6 year old daughter and we love it. It's much better than Hanna Montana...mostly silly fun. We talk about Sam's behavior and while funny, is not very nice at times. They get it's a show with actors playing rolls to be funny. They are over the top! It's not suppossed to be real-life.
Adult Written byInkaput November 23, 2008

Samantha needs Juvi

I do not like this show at all. The characters are noisy and annoying. Miranda Cosgrove is a little shrewish. The Samantha character is horrendous. She is rude and obnoxious, a bully,a thief and a vandal. She is in dire need of Juvi. She broke into school and changed grades, she bullies Freddy and in the last episode she hacked school property to peices with a hammer. She is one of the worst characters I have ever come across on TV. If my child acted like that he would have a can of Whip A with his name on.
Adult Written byGoodReviews330 April 9, 2008

A fun TV-Internet mix for tweens

iCarly is obviously aimed at tweens, however, that doesn't mean that others do not enjoy. iCarly is about a girl, Carly, who does a webshow with her friends Sam and Freddie, the webshow is broadcasted and there is normally a problem that the characters have to solve before they run out of time to broadcast. Content Watch: Sex - None, minor tween talk around school "He's hot" and the like, nothing explicit Violence - There are occasional fistfights and dangers, when somebody is supposedly hurt, they recover quickly or show no sign of ingury. Language - Nothing explicit, name calling suck as "boob" "idiot" "loser" Social Behaviour - Carly and her friends have to pull together to solve problems that could prevent her webshow from going live and disappointing their viewers, the characters are light and cheery. I say kids "8+" TV-Y7 as younger kids may not understand the idea of the show if they had not been exposed to the internet, or webshows.
Adult Written bycarolawesome April 9, 2008

funny show

I don't have a kids, and I'm probably a little old to be watching iCarly, but I think this show is really funny. I love Spencer's character, even though he's a little irresponsible. It's a funny show. And TV isn't real life, so their webcast is fine. This is the only kid's show I can stand to watch. I think it's a clever idea, clearly not anything to take too seriously.
Adult Written byhuladancer April 9, 2008

One of the only kids shows I can stomach

This show is fine. One liners are kinda stupid but funny. One of the only shows I can watch with my daughter and i don't want to hurl.
Adult Written bylol78963 April 9, 2008

I loved it i think it is soo cool

awsome i love it!!!
Adult Written bybanana59 April 9, 2008

internet safety at issue

I cannot be more disappointed with the pilot due to the use of real names, friends, and showing the residence and the inept doorman on the internet. This is an open invitation to stalkers...not safe internet practices for children. To suggest this opens discussion assumes that parents watch with children (I do..so mine are not permitted to watch this as we discussed danger in what Carly is doing). Irresponsible programming.
Adult Written byLizaLag April 9, 2008

Not for tweens

My 10-year-old daughter and I watched the first episode together and were not impressed. There was a lot of yelling and disparaging comments made about others. My daughter actually turned off the show near the end, when the younger boy-next-door character asked Carly if she wanted to "make out with him in the hall" during the after-show party. My daughter said it was "boring" which usually means it made her uncomfortable.