All parent member reviews for iCarly

Adult Written byThe JP Show June 23, 2009

The I Date a bad boy special should Be TV-PG

The show does contain Positive message,but not for Kids under 6 Because they flirt alot and they pretend to be injured
Adult Written byzukishamsham June 12, 2009

More for 11+, not 8+

I used to think this was a great show for kids, but as "Carly" has gotten older, so, unfortunately, has the shows themes. It used to be all fun and games, but the latest new episode to hit was about a "bad boy" that Carly clearly tongue-kisses over and over again. We did not allow our 6 and 10 year olds watch it, and they are very upset with us. The show is promoted almost as much as the Jonas Brothers on Disney. You can't escape it. Even the ads for that show were upsetting to me, and inappropriate for young viewers. My advice, older episodes are usually ok, but good idea to watch it first yourself.
Parent of a 1 and 7 year old Written byTyler430 April 5, 2009

Parent of a 4, 9, and 20 year old Written bydanah671985 March 20, 2009

icarly rocks!!!

iCarly is one of the funniest shows on TV. We watch with our kids all the time. I wish more shows had this much creativity. We laugh harder at some of their antics then the kids do. Love Carly, Sam and Freddie. But Gibby dancing with his shirt off gets me every time. We recommend but think this is a family show and some topics my need further explanations from parents.
Parent of a 5, 7, and 9 year old Written bylibwcaution March 18, 2009

i have a love/hate relaitonship with this one...

For those asking "WHYyyyy do you h8 icarly?!" here is an answer: no, there aren't drugs. no, there isn't sex, etc. There is a less superficial concern. Anyone who has been bullied or who has a child has has been bullied will understand. I LOVE Carly, Freddie, Spencer, and there are even parts of Sam's character that are fun and wacky. This is a **GREAT** show- reminiscent of stuff seen on Salute Your Shorts, and You Can't Do That on Television in a vague sort of way. But SAM'S "slapstick" humor is unacceptable. Her character is complex- she is from a broken, neglectful home, but that should not excuse her obnoxious, abusive, bullying behavior. Freddie gets abused in various forms, dinosaurs get beaten, and other kids and adults get assaulted both physically and verbally. I just wish Carly had more influence on Sam, and perhaps her awful, petulant, abuse could tone down significantly. Otherwise, I really don't feel comfortable allowing my kids to watch it.
Parent of a 7 year old Written bysuprdave71 March 12, 2009

Disrespectful to Adults

The recent, heavily-hyped "iLookalike" episode was pretty lame! We like the show a lot and watch it with our seven-year-old boy. But on "iLookalike", Freddy's mom tries (understandably) to interfere with the kids' plan to attend an ultimate fighting-type arena event. Right then a teenage boy smacks Freddy & then the mom (!) in the head with a basketball. What the heck?! And Carly's guardian Spencer confronts the kids after they disobey, & is thrown across the room by a musclebound wrestler & knocked unconscious. The worst thing is how both of these things were played for laughs. We're not laughing. Cut it out, Nickelodeon. Let iCarly's humor and likeable cast sell the show—and win over parents—instead of making us question whether the show is going to foster disrespect for us & other adults.
Adult Written bymusic724 January 30, 2009

I HATE THIS SHOW

i hate this show so much. Spencer lets Carly do almost anything. Sam is the WORST rolemodel for kids too. All she does is mooch on carlys food. She also does horrible things. For example, when she changed grades. These kids basically get away with everything too, no consequenses for anything... no matter how bad. All they have to do is look like they are sorry
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written bymeanymom January 28, 2009

Another really bad show. NOT appropriate for tweens!

I saw an episode of this show which ended up with Carly & her friends breaking into the school office & raising their grades on the school computer. NO consequences, they were portrayed as the good guys. The kids do pretty much what they want with no regard for authority. Stick with SpongeBob. Your kids will be better off.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written bybabyspike January 10, 2009

Thank you Nickelodeon!!

Thank you Nichelodeon for having the guts to put something clean, funny with a great message for girls on T.V. in this sex oriented media world. We absolutely love iCarly!! Just don't turn her into a tramp like they did with Ashley Tisdale, The Olson twins, Hillary Duff and Linzey Lohan. Keep Carly clean!
Adult Written byDizzy Blonde January 9, 2009

Best Show EVER!!!

I LOVE this show. It's funny, and I think Sam can teach kids a lesson. People don't act like she does. Spencer, Carly's 26-year old brother says somthing funny in every episode. On a one to 10 Scale, I definitely give it a 10!
Adult Written byshanny88 December 14, 2008

We like this show!

I watch this with my 8year old son and almost 6 year old daughter and we love it. It's much better than Hanna Montana...mostly silly fun. We talk about Sam's behavior and while funny, is not very nice at times. They get it's a show with actors playing rolls to be funny. They are over the top! It's not suppossed to be real-life.
Adult Written byInkaput November 23, 2008

Samantha needs Juvi

I do not like this show at all. The characters are noisy and annoying. Miranda Cosgrove is a little shrewish. The Samantha character is horrendous. She is rude and obnoxious, a bully,a thief and a vandal. She is in dire need of Juvi. She broke into school and changed grades, she bullies Freddy and in the last episode she hacked school property to peices with a hammer. She is one of the worst characters I have ever come across on TV. If my child acted like that he would have a can of Whip A with his name on.
Adult Written byGoodReviews330 April 9, 2008

A fun TV-Internet mix for tweens

iCarly is obviously aimed at tweens, however, that doesn't mean that others do not enjoy. iCarly is about a girl, Carly, who does a webshow with her friends Sam and Freddie, the webshow is broadcasted and there is normally a problem that the characters have to solve before they run out of time to broadcast. Content Watch: Sex - None, minor tween talk around school "He's hot" and the like, nothing explicit Violence - There are occasional fistfights and dangers, when somebody is supposedly hurt, they recover quickly or show no sign of ingury. Language - Nothing explicit, name calling suck as "boob" "idiot" "loser" Social Behaviour - Carly and her friends have to pull together to solve problems that could prevent her webshow from going live and disappointing their viewers, the characters are light and cheery. I say kids "8+" TV-Y7 as younger kids may not understand the idea of the show if they had not been exposed to the internet, or webshows.
Adult Written bycarolawesome April 9, 2008

funny show

I don't have a kids, and I'm probably a little old to be watching iCarly, but I think this show is really funny. I love Spencer's character, even though he's a little irresponsible. It's a funny show. And TV isn't real life, so their webcast is fine. This is the only kid's show I can stand to watch. I think it's a clever idea, clearly not anything to take too seriously.
Adult Written byhuladancer April 9, 2008

One of the only kids shows I can stomach

This show is fine. One liners are kinda stupid but funny. One of the only shows I can watch with my daughter and i don't want to hurl.
Adult Written bylol78963 April 9, 2008

I loved it i think it is soo cool

awsome i love it!!!
Adult Written byjcarole April 9, 2008

Extremely Disappointed

This show creator (also does Josh and Drake) has a thing about being mean. The sidekick girl on iCarly is horribly mean - shoves a kid into a locker for no reason - and it is relentless. I am guessing this guy can't write for smart and has to go for lowest common denominator. In addition, the first kid they "featured" in their ishow is doing something I would NEVER want my child to do - force milk out of her eyes! In the second episode, the girls see fit to blast an air horn in a guys ears (over the phone) twice. This is going off our Tivo list and it's a shame. The premise is good and I really wanted my daughter to have a tween she could look up to.
Adult Written bybanana59 April 9, 2008

internet safety at issue

I cannot be more disappointed with the pilot due to the use of real names, friends, and showing the residence and the inept doorman on the internet. This is an open invitation to stalkers...not safe internet practices for children. To suggest this opens discussion assumes that parents watch with children (I do..so mine are not permitted to watch this as we discussed danger in what Carly is doing). Irresponsible programming.
Adult Written byLizaLag April 9, 2008

Not for tweens

My 10-year-old daughter and I watched the first episode together and were not impressed. There was a lot of yelling and disparaging comments made about others. My daughter actually turned off the show near the end, when the younger boy-next-door character asked Carly if she wanted to "make out with him in the hall" during the after-show party. My daughter said it was "boring" which usually means it made her uncomfortable.
Adult Written byksraber April 9, 2008