All teen and kid member reviews for iCarly

Kid, 12 years old September 21, 2009

Crude, Rude, And Too Much Attitude

Personally, as I child, I have many issues with this show. Sure, Carly is a girl who can stick up for herself. The show gets one point for that. Sam is VIOLENT and spontaneously teases and hurts a boy named Gibby in their school. They use Sam's meanness toward him for humor, and I find that very disturbing. About the 'ROMANTIC' factor: I think everyone should be comfortable with the human body, and romance definitely is not a bad thing. In this show, they talk about too much 'love', though. They jump from one boy to another, and say things like 'hot'. Kids should know that to have a successful relationship you can't do that. LANGUAGE: The site says it's not an issue, but it is. It seems the writer's have a lack of vocabulary, because they don't know what a hobo is. They continuously use the word for humor, when it is an actual career. Some people choose to hobo, and others are forced to. A hobo travels and does manual labor. Miranda Cosgrove, they wouldn't have a neighborhood hobo, it would be a neighborhood bum. They use other terms like 'skunkbag'. They aren't considered cursewords, but they are hurtful and should not be used. CONSUMERISM: The show itself has become very popular and is making a lot of money off of its crude humor. In the show, in one episode the iCarly crew is paid money to advertise for a shoe on the show and goes all out in a spending spree. Consumerism=bad. They also DO NOT MAKE GOOD ROLE MODELS. People often show an extreme preference for Carly over the others. However, Carly gossips, uses innapropriate language, and is unkind toward Freddie. One may think that is Sam, but they both are. They tend to tease him, and sometimes they seem like they are being condescending toward him. They influence children in a bad way when the child watching is not mature enough. THE MESSAGES AREN'T GOOD: On occasion, you'll see a lesson in morals in the fine print, but otherwise no. They once go to a man's funeral just to get his pie recipe and stall so they can hack his computer and search it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byblah86397 August 16, 2011

Calm Down

all of you need to loosen up honestly your kids are not going to be influenced by iCarly and if you think the show is making them disrespectful then you should teach them manners and not to pay attention to what FICTIONAL characters do on TV
Teen, 16 years old Written byzoogoesrawr September 13, 2010

Even as a 16 year old, I hurt for humanity every time I watch an iCarly episode. There have been shows like this before that used the same witty and innovative humor that iCarly has, like Drake and Josh, for instance. But iCarly is pushing its appropriateness to the edge as it progresses. Not enough to be totally outrageous, but just enough to get away with it. Let's start off with violence, shall we? Yes, it is in Sam's character to be aggressive and sarcastic, but sometimes it gets to the point where all she's doing is yelling like a maniac and beating someone up with a random object. I don't find much humor in violence once it crosses this line. Second, does Carly seem a little bit too "active" to you? I know it's natural for tweens to like each other, and it's cute how Freddie is persistant with Carly, but there's way too much sexuality in this show for it to be a kids show. I just don't like thinking about how 8-year-olds all across America are sitting on their couches and watching Carly make out with some guy everytime the commercial breaks are off. Thirdly, language. I don't have a problem with made up words like "jank" and "chizz." I think it's funny and original. :) However, iCarly has used a lot of words most kids shows would never have had the guts to say before. Words like "boobs, crap, panties, and bra." I know these words may seem simple and harmless, because really, we hear worse when we go to school. But I think that crossing this line might just be the start for crossing a whole other line when it comes to what can be said on kid's TV. Another thing, I'm not a strict Christian, but I just don't like it when the characters say phrases like "Oh my god;" taking the lord's name in vain. And believe me, they say it alot. As for product placement, I don't mind it at all. Their spoofs on popular products like the iPod, Shamwow, and the Snuggie are what give iCarly the witty sense of humor we all know and love. While, yes, iCarly is entertaining, it also has its moments where it can be just too much for a child audience. There are no good parental role models, and hardly any child role models for that matter. Personally I think Carly is just a bit too open with her sexuality and Sam goes a bit to far with violence. It's a given to say that 8-year-olds shouldn't be watching this, and I might even push it to say tweens shouldn't either. At least not until 13 +, because by then, inappropriate behavior is hardly surprising anymore.
Kid, 12 years old August 27, 2010

Honest Portrayal of Teens-- Dumbed down for tweens.

This is another kid show generated to appeal to kids that is pretty honest. The only thing that bugs me is that in one episode-- the one with Fred, has a bad demonstration of good behavior. In the episode, Freddie says he doesn't like Fred's videos. Sam and Carly tell him to just say he likes them anyway to get Fred to start making videos. He starts to stand up to them and says no, because he doesn't have to say anything he doesn't want to say. that's a good message right? But then sam beats him up and he gives in. Yeah bad role models. OK show, know your kids.
Kid, 12 years old August 15, 2011

So So Comedy

I used to whatch this show, I don't now because.. seriously, these kids give complete disrespect to adults and annoys even me. The Show does have some making out and deals with a lot of romance, but there isn't much to be concerned about.
Teen, 13 years old Written byshadanni December 23, 2010

Great for teens but not for younger kids

I really like ICarly, sometimes i watch it with my dad because he likes it too. But sometimes he describes the show as''inappropriate''. It's a really good show for teen but not for younger kids. THIS IS WHY. 1.Sam is violent, and that makes her a bad role model. 2.Sometimes carly wears really short skirts. 3. There was an episode where Carly and Freddie kissed a lot. 4. Spencer keeps dating girls he barely knows. 5. Sam and Freddie insult each other. 7. Bullying. Its a good show for teens ;)
Kid, 10 years old December 31, 2010

Ok For Teens

It's a good show, but then a again, it is not for younger kids. They talk to much about kissing and dating. They say stuff like stupid, sucks and shut-up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byselenagomezfan64 November 28, 2010

This is the worst show I ever saw on nick
Teen, 13 years old Written byMoutaindewgirl September 10, 2010

Too much innapropriate stuff

It's ok for my age, but even then...... I am a christian and I hate hearing somebody saying God's name in vain. You shouldn't include this in a kids tv show. Also, Spencer is cool, but very immature. And Sam is violent. She suggests violence for everything. And Freddy always wants to be Carlys boyfriend. People, this shouldn't be rated G!
Teen, 13 years old Written byhurstårdettill August 18, 2010

I've found this show to portray AWFUL stereotypes of foreign people in the past. The Scottish are portrayed as highland-dancing, kilt-wearing, bagpipe players. The French are portrayed as baguette-eating, poodle-having, "hoh-HOH!!!" jokes. The English are portrayed merely as people with funny accents, who are loud, obnoxious, and hate Americans. The only Japanese characters were computer-whizzes and karate experts. The country of El Salvador was referenced as "El Salva-dork". The programme shows general ignorance to foreigners and i suggest you steer your kids away.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDamon Salvatore... July 29, 2010

e.g. Iffy for older kids, but not for tweens

I think Hollywoods pushed their luck with this suppossingly kid safe show. There are many mentions of boobs, squirels having sex, (even though some younger viewers might miss that's what their talking about) sexy is used many times, and their is one very violent episode that I was suprised was rated G.
Kid, 11 years old June 6, 2009

What in the name of Santa Monica--?

Great lord, what an embarrassment. This show has no educational value--heck, it practically encourages stupidity, especially by means of the way the Internet works. And what in the WORLD is the matter with this Sam character, being so...VIOLENT? Yes, a character on the show is incredibly physical with all the people AROUND her, mainly a boy named Freddie. It ranges from everything between verbal abuse (as low as geek to as high as--well, nothing too high yet, but she's coming to something very nasty) and physically harming him (as low as a slap to as high as CLOBBERING HIM WITH AN APPLE. Man, I have so much to discuss with this writer!) Not to mention, the contents of the show's dialogue aren't exactly "squeaky-clean", either. They said a certain thing about a Ms. Briggs character that were highly out of proportions and JUST PLAIN UNCOMMON for a young 13 year old girl to discuss with another girl. Adding on to discussion on the contents, the kids do many things that can land you in prison. Plus, female characters only have one main focus--drumroll please!--BOYS. Side-thoughts include lip gloss, makeup, BRAS (...?!?), and a web/Internet based show. Said show has nothing but just plain random and unsettling things to see and do that I doubt any teenager on the PLANET has any desire to watch. Are your children being unruly, all of sudden? Do they talk about things that you don't want to hear and/or are just plain random? Tell, me--is this iCarly show on their watch-list?
Kid, 12 years old August 5, 2012

Not really for pre-teens or kids

I really dislike this show. All of the characters seem to be at least one of the following: immature, greedy, mean-spirited, shallow, or just plain stupid and clueless! For example, in the episode iDate a Bad Boy (my personal least favourite) Carly and Spencer were both being silly. Carly said things like "I kiss like a princess!" and was portrayed as an overly rebellious brat. Spencer told Carly she couldn't date a boy, but wouldn't that make her want to date him even more? There's also a fairly large amount of sexual and occasionally violent innuendo, which is pretty easy to spot. In the first episode Sam and Carly even talk about a teacher's 'pointy boobs'! My cousins are 7 and 5 and have been watching this show for a while. They've been becoming more like the characters, particularly Sam, violent and mean-spirited and even started hitting my sister and I for fun because 'they like it'. It sounds silly to blame their misbehavior on a show, but I've really been noticing a change in their personalities. The seven year old loves iCarly but she's not old enough to figure out the things in this show that make me dislike it. So if you like shows with cheesy lines, tons of innuendo, and mean-spirited characters you'll probably like this.
Teen, 15 years old Written byilovecookiez April 7, 2012

Ugh... How did this get popular?

Honestly, I don't think it's all that inappropriate, teens in real life talk about bras and boobs all the time. But still, Sam is a horrible role model (and yes, kids do copy her), Carly is a spoiled brat (I sure HOPE people don't copy her.. and yeah, she is a spoiled brat, she threw a huge fit the one time Spencer didn't get what she wanted, and have you seen her room????) and Freddy is horribly disrespectful to his mom (and it's not just him..). I mean, yeah she's a little high maintenance and overprotective but she's his mom and he should listen to her. That's how it works in my house. And I don't see how a little sexy stuff is inappropriate, but they kiss WAY TOO MUCH when they're in a relationship. Reality check, couples don't make out every chance they get. But whatever, in my opinion this show is overrated, annoying, stupid, and unfunny. And if you don't like my review, well too bad. It's my opinion, so therefore, I have a right to dislike this show.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTaylena November 1, 2011

do not watch this program

this show is terrible i have seen children that love it but it can't really be that good with all theese bad reviews.i have seen the show myself and think its terrible and stupid it should be canceled . it dosent teach children anything
Kid, 12 years old October 24, 2011

Bad and very sexual.

On one episode, Carly lies about hating her (bad boy) boyfriend when he calls Spencer (Carly's brother who is her guardian) an "idiot". (Carly and her boyfriend planned this). She pretends to break up with her boyfriend. She then tells Spencer to go get food and she'll get a movie. As soon as Spencer walks out the lobby door, Carly meets up with her boyfriend and kisses him and tells him to come back to her apartment room and they will "listen to some music and make out". They come to find to Spencer at their apartment room and he tells them to "have fun, but not too much fun" (talking about sex) This is inappropriate and they do NOT get in trouble. This is irritating and gives no lesson whatsoever. Talk to your kids about how she should have been punished. In another episode, Carly's friend Freddie Benson has to get shots by his mom to go to Japan. He says for her to give the last shot in Carly's apartment room (he lives across from Carly) and his mom says it does not go in his arm and looks at his crotch and he groans. Is this appropriate? APPARENTLY THE MEDIA THINKS WE ARE IDITOS!!! I know some kids who copy their stupid jokes like "Reading is like watching TV in your head" HARHARHARRR (Not).
Teen, 16 years old Written bybelieber_4ever August 29, 2011

anyone notice this besides me ?

now i HATE racism and I'm not the one to shove racism down ppls throat, BUT iCarly is about to end and not ONCE... ONCE has the love interest of Carly, Sam, Freddie, not even Spencer who dates random girls a lot, been African-American, Hispanic, not even Asian. wats up with that? there was an episode where they were trying to find Carly a boyfriend for the dance and there was a black boy who tried to be her date, but i think Spencer weirded him away. he freaked the kid out and he left, why does he have to be the one to leave? idk, maybe it's just me. i mean i love iCarly and like i said i don't like talking about this stuff and it's not like it has to be that way in EVERY show on TV, not saying that, but the amount of times these girls talk about hot boys you would think at least one was another ethnicity. idk just saying is all. oh and I'm sixteen :) not some parent. anyways love iCarly, just for some reason wondered that.
Kid, 11 years old June 26, 2011

Not the best show ever...

Honestly, I think this show is kinda inappropriate. I mean, Im 11 and normally you would think 11 year olds would be all like "I love iCarly! Its a great show," blah, blah, blah. But its really not. To start off with Carly, she is shown to get basically EVERYTHING she wants. Not trying to be rude and all, but she is a spoiled brat. I mean seriously, when Spencer said no to her for the first time, she took his smoothie, tried to hurt him with those ball swing things, an ran all around. She is such a diva! Sam (uggh) is just...wow. She talks back, often gets in trouble, and isnt setting the best example for kids. The good thing about Sam is that she can stand up for herself. There is nothing really wrong with Freddie, in my opinion, but I have so much to say about Spencer. He is an irresponsible, immature, 20 something year old brother, and quite stupid. Dont get me wrong, he is funny but I believe that he shouldnt really let Carly do all of that stuff. Gibby often takes off his shirt and dances around. Hes not the best role model either.
Teen, 13 years old Written byreviewcartoons April 19, 2011

Perfect for older kids not tweens

I Seriously hate this show so much! Its annoying too. And sometimes sam and freddy say "chiz" a word close to resembling the word s***. And in one episode where they are hunting big foot, carly sees squirrels that are supposeably "wrestling" but there is a background sound that sounds like they are having sex and freddy tells her they aren't wrestling.
Kid, 12 years old October 3, 2010

Okayish.

I used to love this show when it first came out, but now they are running out of ideas, and they use words I am not allowed to use. Sam is a bad role model, she is very violent, always throwing stuff or hitting people. It can be innapropriate at times in my opinion, and I'M 12!!!!! You should reconsider how apporopraite this is for 8 year olds. You really should. They also lie a lot in this show. 3 stars.