All member reviews for iCarly

Interactive show raises social media issues for tweens.

Kid, 12 years old April 3, 2011

OFF for any one younger then 9

ITS A REALLY GOOD SHOW!!!!!!!! Even though its a good show, doesn't mean its for all ages. Its off for any one younger then 9. It talks about dating, kissing, cheating, bras and private parts. Sam nor her mom are good role models. Though, Carly and Freddie are good role models. Sam fisiclly and mentally hurts Freddie but all clearly meant for humor.
Teen, 13 years old Written byselenagomezfan64 November 28, 2010

This is the worst show I ever saw on nick
Kid, 10 years old November 25, 2010

Me and My family love the show but they are getting into to much realationships kissing. A mature 8 year old is ok mabey a 9 but deffinetly 10 and up
Teen, 13 years old Written byChXeese April 14, 2011

IAwesome

Love the show! The best parts is whn Spencer does something weird and whn Gibby takes of his shirt! Even whn my mom whaches it she says it's funny
Teen, 13 years old Written byhurstårdettill August 18, 2010

I've found this show to portray AWFUL stereotypes of foreign people in the past. The Scottish are portrayed as highland-dancing, kilt-wearing, bagpipe players. The French are portrayed as baguette-eating, poodle-having, "hoh-HOH!!!" jokes. The English are portrayed merely as people with funny accents, who are loud, obnoxious, and hate Americans. The only Japanese characters were computer-whizzes and karate experts. The country of El Salvador was referenced as "El Salva-dork". The programme shows general ignorance to foreigners and i suggest you steer your kids away.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDamon Salvatore... July 29, 2010

e.g. Iffy for older kids, but not for tweens

I think Hollywoods pushed their luck with this suppossingly kid safe show. There are many mentions of boobs, squirels having sex, (even though some younger viewers might miss that's what their talking about) sexy is used many times, and their is one very violent episode that I was suprised was rated G.
Teen, 16 years old Written bybieber_fever55 July 22, 2010

Good for teens, not for kids.

Honestly I may be just a conservative teen, but iCarly has proven to be very inappropriate at times. Just in the past few days I've seen two girls kiss at a party, a sexual joke made out of the planet Uranus, and a refrence to squirrels and racoons having sex. All of which are I think way inappropriate for any kids under 13.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRenee5322 July 28, 2010

Very funny but has some suggestive stuff

This show is very funny and entertaining but a lot of the humor can be very suggestive... there's references to boobs, bras, and even sex, (wrestling squirrels who aren't really wrestling...) but it would probably go over a young kid's head. There's also a lot of kissing and people are described as "hot." Lots of pushing, hitting, etc too, but it's a very very funny show.
Parent of a 7 year old Written bysuprdave71 March 12, 2009

Disrespectful to Adults

The recent, heavily-hyped "iLookalike" episode was pretty lame! We like the show a lot and watch it with our seven-year-old boy. But on "iLookalike", Freddy's mom tries (understandably) to interfere with the kids' plan to attend an ultimate fighting-type arena event. Right then a teenage boy smacks Freddy & then the mom (!) in the head with a basketball. What the heck?! And Carly's guardian Spencer confronts the kids after they disobey, & is thrown across the room by a musclebound wrestler & knocked unconscious. The worst thing is how both of these things were played for laughs. We're not laughing. Cut it out, Nickelodeon. Let iCarly's humor and likeable cast sell the show—and win over parents—instead of making us question whether the show is going to foster disrespect for us & other adults.
Teen, 17 years old Written bysdorme February 17, 2009

Please if you like real comedy u will not like this show!

I'm 11 years old and I hate these kind of shows. It's so immature. I like mature and funny shows. I used to like Zoey 101, but young kids ruined the show by making it stupid. That started right after iCarly came out. It has 3 terrible actor(ess), Carly (Miranda Cosgrove), Sam (Jennette McCurdy) & Freddie (Nathan Kress), they are the worst excuse for comedy I've ever seen. The three kids start a web show called iCarly. The two girls are the stars and the boy is a tech producer. The whole web show is stupid. They'll be showing dumb and stupid pictures, sticking things up their noses, and other immature stuff. Then Carly's brother Spencer (Jerry Trainer) is a moronic & unrealistic person. Then the other kids at school are worse. There is a boy who is known for beep-boxing, and he'll run around the school doing that all day. Then their's this other overweight, and weird boy named Gibby (Noah Munck). He will just be tormented all day and he is supposed to be funny, but he's not, he's just weird. Then in one episode there's this girl Mandy (Aria Wallace) who is a crazy iCarly fan and is insane. She breaks into Carly's house and nobody does anything. She looks up their addresses and mails them gifts. She mailed one a steak. Then they use cheasy name of stores that supposed to sound like real stores, for example 'Bandana Republic", instead of "Banana Republic". Another stupid character Nevel (Reed Alexander) is a computer geek who owns his own international website, reviewing on web shows. He was attracted to Carly, and try's to kiss her when he's interviewing her. She storms out and then her web show gets trashed. When she gets Nevel to un-trash their show he comes back and hacked into Freddie's laptop. Which is illegal. At the end Carly calls her fathers co-worker who is in the navy and he brings a crew to gang up on Nevel and threaten him to go to Juvy. Now seriously, will the navy go to a kids house and threaten him (if that's even legal), they have better things to do. Seriously, this is such an immature show and it should be taken off national TV as soon as possible. Parents, don't even think about showing your children this terrible show.
Kid, 12 years old June 10, 2010

Hilarious and clean

This show is hilarious and clean. The only reason I put the language sign up is because once it said "holy crap" but it wasn't that big of a deal.This show is directed more at tweens and teens and pre-teens so they put the flirty, kissy, relationship in the show because teens go through that every day. Even still it makes for a funny show for younger kids too even if some of it is over their heads. I actually like it that they are trying to make the show for teens by adding the "crap" and talking about how kids grow up and are intrested in the opposite sex. Altogether it's a great show for all age (including parents.)
Adult Written bygsdrock August 8, 2011

iCarly rocks

Come on people! It's a TV show! There is kissing and stuff, but it is NOT real!
Kid, 10 years old September 2, 2011

I Carly : The Review

i like it but sam can be violent but its funny at some times i dont get stuff but they sound funny so i chuckle a little btw i laugh soooo hard and i love the new episode i lost my mind but maybe to awkward at sometimes i watch it with my cousin alot and by myself to me this show is a hit but at sometimes a little inapropriote but ok for tweens like me!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bysnapplecapple August 20, 2011

iCarly is funny and a great show!

iCarly is perfect for tweens and teens. The only thing to look out for would be what could be considered "violent" is when Sam insults, kicks, slaps, and wrestles other people. It's nothing too bad. And they do make some sexual references.
Kid, 10 years old December 31, 2010

Ok For Teens

It's a good show, but then a again, it is not for younger kids. They talk to much about kissing and dating. They say stuff like stupid, sucks and shut-up.
Parent of a 4 year old Written bysavvymom November 9, 2009

iCarly...great show for 11+ with Parental guidance

Im 24 and I enjoy the show. It's definately not for 4 year olds in my opinion. And I don't like the fact that the show has used the term "HOBKNOCKER" after researching the term I agree with "SAM" it's both disgusting and illegal, I know that kids 11+ are using the language, so it's good to expose them to it so they ask questions and aren't nieve about it, but definately not for kids younger than 11.... period!
Kid, 12 years old March 31, 2010

Hate it!

Worst show ever. It doesn't teach kids the right things. Like that you have to have your first kiss or else people would make fun of you, even adults. Plus, Gibby is always shirtless. Kids shouldn't have to see that kind of stuff. And their language isn't good either for a kids' show. I hate this show. It's the worst show ever!!!
Kid, 11 years old June 6, 2009

What in the name of Santa Monica--?

Great lord, what an embarrassment. This show has no educational value--heck, it practically encourages stupidity, especially by means of the way the Internet works. And what in the WORLD is the matter with this Sam character, being so...VIOLENT? Yes, a character on the show is incredibly physical with all the people AROUND her, mainly a boy named Freddie. It ranges from everything between verbal abuse (as low as geek to as high as--well, nothing too high yet, but she's coming to something very nasty) and physically harming him (as low as a slap to as high as CLOBBERING HIM WITH AN APPLE. Man, I have so much to discuss with this writer!) Not to mention, the contents of the show's dialogue aren't exactly "squeaky-clean", either. They said a certain thing about a Ms. Briggs character that were highly out of proportions and JUST PLAIN UNCOMMON for a young 13 year old girl to discuss with another girl. Adding on to discussion on the contents, the kids do many things that can land you in prison. Plus, female characters only have one main focus--drumroll please!--BOYS. Side-thoughts include lip gloss, makeup, BRAS (...?!?), and a web/Internet based show. Said show has nothing but just plain random and unsettling things to see and do that I doubt any teenager on the PLANET has any desire to watch. Are your children being unruly, all of sudden? Do they talk about things that you don't want to hear and/or are just plain random? Tell, me--is this iCarly show on their watch-list?
Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written bydanimd January 12, 2011

Mindless

My kids love it, but I think it is mindless and I don't like the lack of parental supervision on the show. I also don't like Carly's best friends character and how mean she can be. I would prefer they watch something else, but don't make a huge deal out of it. I don't let them watch it too much.
Educator and Parent of a 8, 9, 10, and 17 year old Written byaromaticspace150 January 8, 2011

12 and up

I think it is good but boyfriend and girlfriends are not appropriate for under 12 but my girls love it so wish they would ease up on that aspect.