All member reviews for iCarly

Interactive show raises social media issues for tweens.

Kid, 10 years old December 31, 2010

Ok For Teens

It's a good show, but then a again, it is not for younger kids. They talk to much about kissing and dating. They say stuff like stupid, sucks and shut-up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byselenagomezfan64 November 28, 2010

This is the worst show I ever saw on nick
Teen, 13 years old Written byMoutaindewgirl September 10, 2010

Too much innapropriate stuff

It's ok for my age, but even then...... I am a christian and I hate hearing somebody saying God's name in vain. You shouldn't include this in a kids tv show. Also, Spencer is cool, but very immature. And Sam is violent. She suggests violence for everything. And Freddy always wants to be Carlys boyfriend. People, this shouldn't be rated G!
Teen, 13 years old Written byhurstårdettill August 18, 2010

I've found this show to portray AWFUL stereotypes of foreign people in the past. The Scottish are portrayed as highland-dancing, kilt-wearing, bagpipe players. The French are portrayed as baguette-eating, poodle-having, "hoh-HOH!!!" jokes. The English are portrayed merely as people with funny accents, who are loud, obnoxious, and hate Americans. The only Japanese characters were computer-whizzes and karate experts. The country of El Salvador was referenced as "El Salva-dork". The programme shows general ignorance to foreigners and i suggest you steer your kids away.
Adult Written bythathockeychick23 July 31, 2010

Show best suited for older teens.

I am 23 and I can't believe how inappropriate this show is. There are numerous sex jokes on here. Squirrels "wrestling, Gibby being with a girl and having strawberries and whipped cream brought to them, there was a reference to an oral sex joke. Spencer is in boxers or being in a towel in a few episodes. The have Freddy looking at a naked Spencer in one episode and he says something about there being a birthmark on Spencers butt. Not to mention a lot of references to Spencers and Freddys penis. Sam is a liar, cheater, bully, stealer and they make that ok. They make it seem like a teen going to juvy is ok. That is not a good message to send to kids or teens. There are a lot of things in this show they make seem ok for anyone when it is not. If you have kids, do not let them watch this show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDamon Salvatore... July 29, 2010

e.g. Iffy for older kids, but not for tweens

I think Hollywoods pushed their luck with this suppossingly kid safe show. There are many mentions of boobs, squirels having sex, (even though some younger viewers might miss that's what their talking about) sexy is used many times, and their is one very violent episode that I was suprised was rated G.
Written byAnonymous July 16, 2010

OK for Most Elementary School Kids

Its alright. The screaming and random bits are a little annoying sometimes. Carly makes some bad decisions like sneaking out and disobeying her older brother. There's actually some violence and hitting, but no one is seriously injured. Some episodes are more kid-friendly than others.
Adult Written bydharvell April 5, 2010

iWish iCarly Would Clean It's Up Its Act

iWish they would take iCarly off the air, or have the editors pay closer attention to what the episodes contain. With obvious attempts to circumvent censors with words and phrases such as "no shiz", "what the yuck", and the ever talked about "hobknocker" reference, iCarly (which used to be permitted on our televisions) is now completely OFF. Other than the language and obvious sexual references, there are absolutely NO good role models, no lessons learned for inappropriate behaviours... basically, it teaches children that adults are awkward and stupid, so disobedience should go unnoticed and without consequence. Lessons I will not allow my children to see, as disobedience is met with discipline, in our home. Poor writing, poor message, sexual overtones, and too many substitute profanity makes this show very iffy, if not off.
Kid, 11 years old June 6, 2009

What in the name of Santa Monica--?

Great lord, what an embarrassment. This show has no educational value--heck, it practically encourages stupidity, especially by means of the way the Internet works. And what in the WORLD is the matter with this Sam character, being so...VIOLENT? Yes, a character on the show is incredibly physical with all the people AROUND her, mainly a boy named Freddie. It ranges from everything between verbal abuse (as low as geek to as high as--well, nothing too high yet, but she's coming to something very nasty) and physically harming him (as low as a slap to as high as CLOBBERING HIM WITH AN APPLE. Man, I have so much to discuss with this writer!) Not to mention, the contents of the show's dialogue aren't exactly "squeaky-clean", either. They said a certain thing about a Ms. Briggs character that were highly out of proportions and JUST PLAIN UNCOMMON for a young 13 year old girl to discuss with another girl. Adding on to discussion on the contents, the kids do many things that can land you in prison. Plus, female characters only have one main focus--drumroll please!--BOYS. Side-thoughts include lip gloss, makeup, BRAS (...?!?), and a web/Internet based show. Said show has nothing but just plain random and unsettling things to see and do that I doubt any teenager on the PLANET has any desire to watch. Are your children being unruly, all of sudden? Do they talk about things that you don't want to hear and/or are just plain random? Tell, me--is this iCarly show on their watch-list?
Adult Written byBest4mykids October 28, 2012

Quit targeting 8 year olds with teen material I say

Why they rate these shows for 8 year olds is beyond me it's a teen show not 8 year olds show. So unless your goal is teen pregnancy I suggest you save shows that show romance for kids who are old enough to handle what follows.
Kid, 12 years old August 5, 2012

Not really for pre-teens or kids

I really dislike this show. All of the characters seem to be at least one of the following: immature, greedy, mean-spirited, shallow, or just plain stupid and clueless! For example, in the episode iDate a Bad Boy (my personal least favourite) Carly and Spencer were both being silly. Carly said things like "I kiss like a princess!" and was portrayed as an overly rebellious brat. Spencer told Carly she couldn't date a boy, but wouldn't that make her want to date him even more? There's also a fairly large amount of sexual and occasionally violent innuendo, which is pretty easy to spot. In the first episode Sam and Carly even talk about a teacher's 'pointy boobs'! My cousins are 7 and 5 and have been watching this show for a while. They've been becoming more like the characters, particularly Sam, violent and mean-spirited and even started hitting my sister and I for fun because 'they like it'. It sounds silly to blame their misbehavior on a show, but I've really been noticing a change in their personalities. The seven year old loves iCarly but she's not old enough to figure out the things in this show that make me dislike it. So if you like shows with cheesy lines, tons of innuendo, and mean-spirited characters you'll probably like this.
Parent Written byStanleypuss July 14, 2012

Bad Show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the worst television show on TV. It is crude tries to be funny (and doesn't succeed) and is innapropriate. I don't see how it's funny to refer to boobs and balls. It is not educational and it does not make sense how Sam hates Fred and then kisses him. If you want to watch a good TV show this show is a bad idea.
Teen, 15 years old Written byilovecookiez April 7, 2012

Ugh... How did this get popular?

Honestly, I don't think it's all that inappropriate, teens in real life talk about bras and boobs all the time. But still, Sam is a horrible role model (and yes, kids do copy her), Carly is a spoiled brat (I sure HOPE people don't copy her.. and yeah, she is a spoiled brat, she threw a huge fit the one time Spencer didn't get what she wanted, and have you seen her room????) and Freddy is horribly disrespectful to his mom (and it's not just him..). I mean, yeah she's a little high maintenance and overprotective but she's his mom and he should listen to her. That's how it works in my house. And I don't see how a little sexy stuff is inappropriate, but they kiss WAY TOO MUCH when they're in a relationship. Reality check, couples don't make out every chance they get. But whatever, in my opinion this show is overrated, annoying, stupid, and unfunny. And if you don't like my review, well too bad. It's my opinion, so therefore, I have a right to dislike this show.
Parent of a 1, 7, 8, 10, 11, and 13 year old Written byAaleigh February 27, 2012

If you want your daughters to become sluts, sit them in front of the television.

The first thing I noticed was the ugly blonde girl saying the evil C-word. Honestly, I would appreciate this word never being said at any time. They also say the word "bra" far too often. This word, and "panties" are to said only by ladies to other ladies, or to her husband. (Of course I am not promoting lesbianism, only stating that a woman can ask if this bra is in her size) Secondly, all of the girls are dressed like W-words. Shirts are supposed to reach that length, skirts aren't supposed to end there. Finally, the ugly blonde girl is very violent. She repeatedly beats upon other students, and has a reputation for going to juvie for violent crimes. In conclusion, you should NEVER let your children watch this show. Only until they've developed breasts of their own should they even glance at it.
Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 2, 2012

I-carly

good amount of laughs and some funny bits
Teen, 16 years old Written byTaylena November 1, 2011

do not watch this program

this show is terrible i have seen children that love it but it can't really be that good with all theese bad reviews.i have seen the show myself and think its terrible and stupid it should be canceled . it dosent teach children anything
Kid, 12 years old October 24, 2011

Bad and very sexual.

On one episode, Carly lies about hating her (bad boy) boyfriend when he calls Spencer (Carly's brother who is her guardian) an "idiot". (Carly and her boyfriend planned this). She pretends to break up with her boyfriend. She then tells Spencer to go get food and she'll get a movie. As soon as Spencer walks out the lobby door, Carly meets up with her boyfriend and kisses him and tells him to come back to her apartment room and they will "listen to some music and make out". They come to find to Spencer at their apartment room and he tells them to "have fun, but not too much fun" (talking about sex) This is inappropriate and they do NOT get in trouble. This is irritating and gives no lesson whatsoever. Talk to your kids about how she should have been punished. In another episode, Carly's friend Freddie Benson has to get shots by his mom to go to Japan. He says for her to give the last shot in Carly's apartment room (he lives across from Carly) and his mom says it does not go in his arm and looks at his crotch and he groans. Is this appropriate? APPARENTLY THE MEDIA THINKS WE ARE IDITOS!!! I know some kids who copy their stupid jokes like "Reading is like watching TV in your head" HARHARHARRR (Not).
Teen, 16 years old Written bybelieber_4ever August 29, 2011

anyone notice this besides me ?

now i HATE racism and I'm not the one to shove racism down ppls throat, BUT iCarly is about to end and not ONCE... ONCE has the love interest of Carly, Sam, Freddie, not even Spencer who dates random girls a lot, been African-American, Hispanic, not even Asian. wats up with that? there was an episode where they were trying to find Carly a boyfriend for the dance and there was a black boy who tried to be her date, but i think Spencer weirded him away. he freaked the kid out and he left, why does he have to be the one to leave? idk, maybe it's just me. i mean i love iCarly and like i said i don't like talking about this stuff and it's not like it has to be that way in EVERY show on TV, not saying that, but the amount of times these girls talk about hot boys you would think at least one was another ethnicity. idk just saying is all. oh and I'm sixteen :) not some parent. anyways love iCarly, just for some reason wondered that.
Kid, 11 years old June 26, 2011

Not the best show ever...

Honestly, I think this show is kinda inappropriate. I mean, Im 11 and normally you would think 11 year olds would be all like "I love iCarly! Its a great show," blah, blah, blah. But its really not. To start off with Carly, she is shown to get basically EVERYTHING she wants. Not trying to be rude and all, but she is a spoiled brat. I mean seriously, when Spencer said no to her for the first time, she took his smoothie, tried to hurt him with those ball swing things, an ran all around. She is such a diva! Sam (uggh) is just...wow. She talks back, often gets in trouble, and isnt setting the best example for kids. The good thing about Sam is that she can stand up for herself. There is nothing really wrong with Freddie, in my opinion, but I have so much to say about Spencer. He is an irresponsible, immature, 20 something year old brother, and quite stupid. Dont get me wrong, he is funny but I believe that he shouldnt really let Carly do all of that stuff. Gibby often takes off his shirt and dances around. Hes not the best role model either.
Teen, 13 years old Written byreviewcartoons April 19, 2011

Perfect for older kids not tweens

I Seriously hate this show so much! Its annoying too. And sometimes sam and freddy say "chiz" a word close to resembling the word s***. And in one episode where they are hunting big foot, carly sees squirrels that are supposeably "wrestling" but there is a background sound that sounds like they are having sex and freddy tells her they aren't wrestling.