All member reviews for iCarly

Interactive show raises social media issues for tweens.

Teen, 13 years old Written bynekosync February 18, 2014

Quite terrible, honestly.

The humour is bland, the characters aren't relatable, and one of the characters (Sam) bully others (including one of the main characters, Freddy) and everyone else still seem to think it's hilarious.Also, the show makes fun of French people at one point. The show attempts to be spontaneous by having the cast blurt irrelevant phrases and words during their web show, which isn't funny at all, it just gets irritating.
Kid, 12 years old February 16, 2014

Not for tweens

Crude, violent, many sexual references. The girls wear low cut tops/dresses that reveal cleavage. Freddie's door number is 8=D and don't ask what that is. You know it. If you don't, rotate your head/laptop so you will see the 8 at the top and D at the bottom.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDuckCommander13 January 28, 2014

I miss this show

This is a very funny show. There are some mild inappropriate references to inappropriate stuff. They usually talk about kissing, and words that sound inappropriate for kids. Sam pretends to swear like chiz,wazz, and crap but that's not inappropriate. Gibby took off his shirt a lot when he was a kid. If you don't like consumerism they use "Pear" computers instead of apple and the only consumerism is of other shows or people like Fred, One Direction,Victorious,Drake and Josh, and Full House.
Teen, 14 years old Written byWWEWRESTLINGFAN103 January 21, 2014

This show is horrible however it has good voice actors but I just hate iCarly

OK I hate iCarly so much it annoys every time the characters are so stupid and annoying its just a stupid internet show I think it should be banned from UK and USA and many more countries in the world however the voice acting and actors are ok but they can be annoying most of the time and the score Im giving iCarly is 20/100 Carly, Freddie and Sam are bad characters and I wish iCarly was cancelled right now
Teen, 14 years old Written byApricot Dogson January 17, 2014

Negative Message being Broadcast

Me and my friend were just casually watching a few episodes of this abhorrent show. Carly is a totally spoiled brat. in one of these, rather than saying "Please may I have the phone?" she says "Gimme", admittedly most children her age may say this, but it's not exactly a good thing to encourage, is it? On her birthday, in the webshow cast, she puts a list of all the things she wants and when Spencer says good morning half-heartedly, she say belittles him and calls her birthday the "most special of days". When she gets the milk and Spencer and her friends show her the breakfast they prepared she practically throws the milk away. Apparantly going to the petting zoo last year was the worst birthday ever and she's angry at Spencer, even though it wasn't his fault for what the goat did. Don't even get me started on the events of iLookAlike...
Kid, 11 years old December 27, 2013

One of the Worst Shows Ever

I think this is the worst show ever. They talk about boobs or bras often and kiss too much. On the show, there is a kid named Gibby who is always shirtless or his pants fall down. Sam, Carly's friend, is very violent and teases people in a mean way all the time. They use this for humor, and I think that is inappropriate. Spencer, Carly's brother, is an awful role model. He never supervises Carly and lets her do whatever she wants to. Speaking of Carly, she is a big brat! The one time Spencer doesn't let her do what she wants, she gets mad and starts chasing him around their apartment. Freddy is very disrespectful to his mom when all she wants to do is keep him safe. He also has a huge crush on Carly, and even though she doesn't like him in that way, he keeps trying to get her to like him. They use this for humor, which I think is annoying. This show is not appropriate for kids under twelve, and will never watch it again.
Kid, 10 years old December 23, 2013

Not Bad

Not bad, not bad.
Kid, 10 years old November 22, 2013

THERES A MEANING TO AGE LIMIT

For all those people saying that eight and under shouldn't be watching it and it effects your children then why do you let then watch it. Put parental controls on your TV if you don't want your kids watching this. Also things that you think are inappropriate there's a reason why this show is for about 10 and up! ( probably for 9 and up)
Kid, 11 years old October 20, 2013

2 and up

Their is nothing bad in it, my 2 year old cousin loved that show
Kid, 12 years old October 14, 2013

iCarly's cool

Honestly, I think Icarly should've been rated TV-Y7 because of content in general, for real..............
Kid, 10 years old October 2, 2013

Funny

I love this show. It ended but still plays on Nickelodeon and Teennick. Nickelodeon usually never ever fails to make a great show, unlike Disney Channel, where all shows are annoying and cheesy. Violence is only slapstick. Romance is only some kissing and flirting. However there's lots of consumerism (ICarly backpacks, lunchboxes, clothing, website, even a nightgown) but in my opinion that's not worth deducting a star here. And Sam could be violent but are kids really gonna wanna be like her? Nope!!!! Sam and Freddie do fight a lot. Carly is a alright role model and in the later seasons Gibby no longer takes his shirt off (which was actually kind of funny!!!!). This is a amazing show!!!! They only play laugh tracks when things are funny!!!!
Adult Written bycommonsensegal September 25, 2013

Miranda Cosgrove and Jennette McCurdy are hot

I love this show!
Kid, 12 years old September 18, 2013

okay but....

It´s a good show but sometimes the producer tries too hard to make the characters funny and it doesn´t work. Over all I would say it´s appropriate for kids that are 9 or more because of some sexual stuff such as kisses.
Written byAnonymous September 7, 2013

The later seasons could've been better, but still pretty good...

This show was good when it first started, but then it later became, meh. Sometimes this show can be entertaining at times, but then it can be dull at times. This show isn't meant to be educational. It later started to seem like a dating show, and too girly for my liking. My main problem with this show is that it has too much inappropriate jokes for a kids show. I don't know if I could call it a kids show, it's more for tweens than the family or very young kids so yeah. Anyways, iCarly is pretty good, but I like the earlier seasons better than the newer ones.
Kid, 11 years old August 31, 2013

Grow Up Parents!

A little sexy stuff wont harm your kids! I watched it all the time! If you don' let your kids watch iCarly then I imagine your kids probably watch Dora!
Kid, 12 years old August 25, 2013

One of the best shows; harmless and only comedy

I loved this show to pieces, and I was devastated when the last episode, iGoodbye, aired last year. Luckily, a new show called Sam & Cat is stemmed off of this one and a similar show, Victorious. Anyway, Nickelodeon's iCarly always made me laugh with its randomness and silliness. It is definitely a comedy show, but not totally family-oriented. iCarly stars two teen girls, Carly (a girly, smart, and boy-crazy teen played by Miranda Cosgrove, who was originally Megan in Drake & Josh) and Sam (a tomboyish, sarcastic teen feared by many people at school played by Jennette McCurdy) along with Carly's neighbor Freddie (a geek into tech stuff and computers, played by Nathan Kress) who is obsessed with Cosgrove's character and sees Sam as a mean jerk. The show started way back in '07 or '08, when our two main stars were 13. Spencer, Carly's older brother (basically a silly, fun teenager trapped in a 26-year-old's body played by Jerry Trainor) is a complete goof and not really a role model for kids; he is just a comedic genius. But now I'm just rambling because I'm obsessed with this show; overall, it has some violence, but not much; some "sexy stuff", you could say, with Carly and Sam liking boys, and Freddie having close interactions with both girls ("Creddie" or "Seddie" fans are still at constant war despite the show's end) and cussing like "hobos" and such. But I think this show is harmless... it's just Nickeloden comedy. You can definitely tell when something's not Disney. If you really miss iCarly, check out Sam & Cat, which obviously stars the ever-loved Sam from iCarly and the ditzy redhead Cat from Victorious, a show that ended earlier this year.
Teen, 15 years old Written bystar87 August 14, 2013

let your kids watch the show

seriously this show is FINE , Sam is sorta violent but nothing extreme and they say oh my god witch i dond really find offensive , they also thaly about bras sometimes but who cares its just a bra .
Kid, 10 years old August 10, 2013

Just Read The Review

iCarly is a great TV show in which, the humor grows a little more mature along with the actors. iCarly is hilarious and a favourite among many families and teenagers. Though it is suitable for all ages, though I wouldn't suggest having a five year old watching this for heir whole life. There are SOME positive messages in the episodes, and even though I agree that Sam is a bad role model with all her violence and bad attitude, but that just makes the show better. Each character has their own little quirk. Spencer, instead of an intellectual lawyer or teacher or having a job that pays really good money, he's an artist who is spontaneous and is pretty crazy. Carly is a little bratty, but she's a good girl. She gets good grades, doesn't do anything bad unless you could somehow talk her into it and she is a pretty okay example for girls. She is strong and smart and can stick up for herself. Sam is violence, mean, rude, and basically a criminal, though she is also a good friend. Her violence could help her and her friends with any situation that needs it. Like in iRescue Carly. Sam helped Carly, Freddie, and Gibby from her criminal friend, Dana. Freddie is smart and geeky and usually the target of Sam's teasing, violence, etc. Though he usually puts up with it and as the series goes on, the less they became enemies little by little. Gibby is not the brightest crayon in the box, but loved by many iCarly fans everywhere. He's funny, crazy, weird, awkward, and has strange interests and habits. Lewbert is a displeasing, rude, gross, and a not so loveable character on iCarly. Mrs. Benson tends to be annoying and over-protective, but she just loves Freddie and doesn't want him to get hurt. She too is also a bit crazy. All the other characters, minor or recurring, also have strange quirks in them, their not all perfect. Like Griffen, the bad boy Carly used to date, he's a bad boy, but loves these cute little stuffies made for little kids. I think that this shows us in the real world tat not everybody is perfect. And that people aren't just certain personality or characteristic. You can be a guy on the football team, but still have a passion for ballet. A cheerleader, but still be able to play sports. You don't have to be what people want you to be and you're allowed to have multiple personalities inside you. Even if their bad. So, iCarly is funny and a lovely show. You feel comfortable watching it and just can't help but smile. And parents, come on, let your child have some fun watching this. It's okay if there's a bit of violence or kissing. Your child is going to see it sooner or later. Hopefully not violence, but the kissing part. When they grow up, you don't want them to stay home and not be open to the world of affection. Just saying =P
Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2013

5,4,3,2,!!!

I used to absolutely love this show. 11 year olds will probably be over it, but hey. So lets get down to it. Violence- Not bad , Funny (fires, slapstick, boxing, butter sock) Sexy Stuff- Mild (boobs is frequent, dating, making out, shirtless guys) Thats it!
Kid, 12 years old July 24, 2013