All member reviews for iCarly

Interactive show raises social media issues for tweens.

Adult Written bycommonsensegal September 25, 2013

Miranda Cosgrove and Jennette McCurdy are hot

I love this show!
Kid, 12 years old September 18, 2013

okay but....

It´s a good show but sometimes the producer tries too hard to make the characters funny and it doesn´t work. Over all I would say it´s appropriate for kids that are 9 or more because of some sexual stuff such as kisses.
Written byAnonymous September 7, 2013

The later seasons could've been better, but still pretty good...

This show was good when it first started, but then it later became, meh. Sometimes this show can be entertaining at times, but then it can be dull at times. This show isn't meant to be educational. It later started to seem like a dating show, and too girly for my liking. My main problem with this show is that it has too much inappropriate jokes for a kids show. I don't know if I could call it a kids show, it's more for tweens than the family or very young kids so yeah. Anyways, iCarly is pretty good, but I like the earlier seasons better than the newer ones.
Kid, 11 years old August 31, 2013

Grow Up Parents!

A little sexy stuff wont harm your kids! I watched it all the time! If you don' let your kids watch iCarly then I imagine your kids probably watch Dora!
Kid, 12 years old August 25, 2013

One of the best shows; harmless and only comedy

I loved this show to pieces, and I was devastated when the last episode, iGoodbye, aired last year. Luckily, a new show called Sam & Cat is stemmed off of this one and a similar show, Victorious. Anyway, Nickelodeon's iCarly always made me laugh with its randomness and silliness. It is definitely a comedy show, but not totally family-oriented. iCarly stars two teen girls, Carly (a girly, smart, and boy-crazy teen played by Miranda Cosgrove, who was originally Megan in Drake & Josh) and Sam (a tomboyish, sarcastic teen feared by many people at school played by Jennette McCurdy) along with Carly's neighbor Freddie (a geek into tech stuff and computers, played by Nathan Kress) who is obsessed with Cosgrove's character and sees Sam as a mean jerk. The show started way back in '07 or '08, when our two main stars were 13. Spencer, Carly's older brother (basically a silly, fun teenager trapped in a 26-year-old's body played by Jerry Trainor) is a complete goof and not really a role model for kids; he is just a comedic genius. But now I'm just rambling because I'm obsessed with this show; overall, it has some violence, but not much; some "sexy stuff", you could say, with Carly and Sam liking boys, and Freddie having close interactions with both girls ("Creddie" or "Seddie" fans are still at constant war despite the show's end) and cussing like "hobos" and such. But I think this show is harmless... it's just Nickeloden comedy. You can definitely tell when something's not Disney. If you really miss iCarly, check out Sam & Cat, which obviously stars the ever-loved Sam from iCarly and the ditzy redhead Cat from Victorious, a show that ended earlier this year.
Teen, 15 years old Written bystar87 August 14, 2013

let your kids watch the show

seriously this show is FINE , Sam is sorta violent but nothing extreme and they say oh my god witch i dond really find offensive , they also thaly about bras sometimes but who cares its just a bra .
Kid, 10 years old August 10, 2013

Just Read The Review

iCarly is a great TV show in which, the humor grows a little more mature along with the actors. iCarly is hilarious and a favourite among many families and teenagers. Though it is suitable for all ages, though I wouldn't suggest having a five year old watching this for heir whole life. There are SOME positive messages in the episodes, and even though I agree that Sam is a bad role model with all her violence and bad attitude, but that just makes the show better. Each character has their own little quirk. Spencer, instead of an intellectual lawyer or teacher or having a job that pays really good money, he's an artist who is spontaneous and is pretty crazy. Carly is a little bratty, but she's a good girl. She gets good grades, doesn't do anything bad unless you could somehow talk her into it and she is a pretty okay example for girls. She is strong and smart and can stick up for herself. Sam is violence, mean, rude, and basically a criminal, though she is also a good friend. Her violence could help her and her friends with any situation that needs it. Like in iRescue Carly. Sam helped Carly, Freddie, and Gibby from her criminal friend, Dana. Freddie is smart and geeky and usually the target of Sam's teasing, violence, etc. Though he usually puts up with it and as the series goes on, the less they became enemies little by little. Gibby is not the brightest crayon in the box, but loved by many iCarly fans everywhere. He's funny, crazy, weird, awkward, and has strange interests and habits. Lewbert is a displeasing, rude, gross, and a not so loveable character on iCarly. Mrs. Benson tends to be annoying and over-protective, but she just loves Freddie and doesn't want him to get hurt. She too is also a bit crazy. All the other characters, minor or recurring, also have strange quirks in them, their not all perfect. Like Griffen, the bad boy Carly used to date, he's a bad boy, but loves these cute little stuffies made for little kids. I think that this shows us in the real world tat not everybody is perfect. And that people aren't just certain personality or characteristic. You can be a guy on the football team, but still have a passion for ballet. A cheerleader, but still be able to play sports. You don't have to be what people want you to be and you're allowed to have multiple personalities inside you. Even if their bad. So, iCarly is funny and a lovely show. You feel comfortable watching it and just can't help but smile. And parents, come on, let your child have some fun watching this. It's okay if there's a bit of violence or kissing. Your child is going to see it sooner or later. Hopefully not violence, but the kissing part. When they grow up, you don't want them to stay home and not be open to the world of affection. Just saying =P
Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2013

5,4,3,2,!!!

I used to absolutely love this show. 11 year olds will probably be over it, but hey. So lets get down to it. Violence- Not bad , Funny (fires, slapstick, boxing, butter sock) Sexy Stuff- Mild (boobs is frequent, dating, making out, shirtless guys) Thats it!
Kid, 12 years old July 24, 2013

"I" for internet

Teen, 17 years old Written bylovzhisdad July 12, 2013

Would this show be funny if it were the real world? I think not.

This show portrays bad role models for most of its humor. Sam is a bad role model because she's mean, merciless, dishonest, rude, and still serving detention from years ago. T-Bo has poor judgement, has no respect for other people, their privacy or their property and is very crude. Another recurring character is cruel, disrespectful, vengeful, self-centered, and has bad judgement. On the plus side, Carly and her friends and family all value each other for who they are.
Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2013

The truth about ICARLY

Icarly is a great show for TWEENS I only say that because Sam isn't a appropriate role mottle for younger kids. I should know my mom didn't let me watch icarly till I was 10 now I at first thought that was outrages but now that I watch the show I can now see why. there is a little bit of violence when Sam uses here "butter sock" to beat other people up with. also Sam in more then a couple times bullies ferity and Gibby and half the time she doesn't apologies. now lets talk about the "sexy stuff" honestly Carly goes on dates with other guys and they sometimes kiss and that goes for all the charters in Icarly. however I have herd inaproprate language like the f word once and danm and also crap! so I hope this new information helps you decide if this is a appropriate show for your kids! :)
Parent Written bymovielover85 July 5, 2013

not a bad show as some people think.

its not all of a bad show as people say it is. as it gets older it does get a bit mature but its one of those mature Nick shows. however i like it. i think kids should be able to watch this show.
Teen, 17 years old Written byIloveanime123 July 3, 2013

iCarly is a no

I use to see this show I don't why maybe because at first it was descent and then it turned to be that it's okay to make out with guys all the time like wow! Really?!? Not good for kids. I really get annoyed of the character Carly she is such a w-word always making out with every guy and making it ok to go out with your best friends ex boyfriend like why?!!!?? She is such a wannabe I noticed she tries being funny like Sam and copies her? Wow real independent *says sarcastically* i am glad they cancelled or stop the show cuz she was a bad role model and got in my nerves and also she would always lead on Freddy wow what a nice person! NOT! I don't want my little 4 year old sister from learning all this cuz its not ok. This show is not even funny at all! Sam and Cat is way better than this sad excuse of comedy!
Teen, 14 years old Written byTVwatcher001 June 30, 2013

FAN-TAS-TIC

Dan Schneider's shows are almost always great and funny. It's one of the best TV shows evver made. There are more then 100 episodes, so it can't be bad!
Teen, 15 years old Written byAleluvsyou June 8, 2013

Stop complaining its a good show

This show is really good and it's a TWEEN show which means its aimed for Tweens ok so if you think it not good for you pr 7 year old then don't te them watch it ok I know the say bra and stuff but really your complaining over a bra? Come on every girl wears a bra in her life ok it's not a big deal and they do not say gods name in vain just to tell ya it's a good show ok I see nothing wrong with it too bad it ended it probly did cuz of you "parents" complaining about the word bra wow that's really something to complain about think about it your rainting over NOTHING!!!!!!!!!! I knew what a bra was when I was like 7!!!!!!! It's not big deal every girl ep wears one so get over it I still watch reruns of it all the time and I'm 13 ok thank you I feel so mad over these so called parents trying to protect their kids over just the word bra gosh ppl these days
Kid, 12 years old May 21, 2013

Irritating and super annoying

This is the worst show ever! Do not bother watching it.
Kid, 12 years old May 18, 2013

Offensive

Several comments have been made on this show that are offensive to Jews.
Kid, 10 years old May 15, 2013

Love it but dont like the use of "Oh My God"

The only thing I noticed is the use of "Oh My God". As a Christian I don't like that. Other than that this is fine for kids.
Kid, 11 years old May 12, 2013

HORRIBLE

iCarly is not appropriate! Simple as that! I remember when I used to watch iCarly they used to use the word "sucks" all the time, (meaning sucks bones) and my father doesn't like that word. He's the one who explained the meaning to me. Also, they talk a lot about "boobs" and dating. Also (I don't remember this) but one a YouTube video they said that in iCarly they call people "hobknockers." I looked it up and the meaning was disgusting. Sam is also a bad role model. She is mean to Freddie and violent. Freddie disrespects his mom Mrs. Bincent (or was it Vincent?) and his friends do too. And in one episode (50th web show spectacular) Sam disrespects the Mr. Howard(he wasn't the nicest in the first place but...) by throwing a football and gets detention. Wait, that means iCarly is in BIG trouble. They will lose tons and tons of viewers! So Carly and Freddie try to get detention by doing nasty deeds! (Carly succeeds, Freddie fails.) But anyways, here is the worst part, THEY SHOOT THE WEB SHOW AND TRY NOT TO GET CAUGHT! And in the end the Principal doesn't get them in trouble! UNREALISTIC! This may make kids think that if they do something they aren't allowed to do, they won't get in trouble. I could just go rambling and rambling on about how TERRIBLE iCarly is but I will sum this up. Now I only get local channels and not Nickelodeon, and I heard iCarly recently ended because Miranda Cosgrove is in college, but I don't know if they still play reruns or not. But anyways, if you come across iCarly DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT watch it. It is thoroughly inappropriate for kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written by69 awesome May 12, 2013

really

This show is terrible why? 1. terrible plot. 2. terrible teenish language like lol omg. terrible :(