All member reviews for iCarly

Interactive show raises social media issues for tweens.

Kid, 11 years old August 31, 2013

Grow Up Parents!

A little sexy stuff wont harm your kids! I watched it all the time! If you don' let your kids watch iCarly then I imagine your kids probably watch Dora!
Kid, 12 years old August 25, 2013

One of the best shows; harmless and only comedy

I loved this show to pieces, and I was devastated when the last episode, iGoodbye, aired last year. Luckily, a new show called Sam & Cat is stemmed off of this one and a similar show, Victorious. Anyway, Nickelodeon's iCarly always made me laugh with its randomness and silliness. It is definitely a comedy show, but not totally family-oriented. iCarly stars two teen girls, Carly (a girly, smart, and boy-crazy teen played by Miranda Cosgrove, who was originally Megan in Drake & Josh) and Sam (a tomboyish, sarcastic teen feared by many people at school played by Jennette McCurdy) along with Carly's neighbor Freddie (a geek into tech stuff and computers, played by Nathan Kress) who is obsessed with Cosgrove's character and sees Sam as a mean jerk. The show started way back in '07 or '08, when our two main stars were 13. Spencer, Carly's older brother (basically a silly, fun teenager trapped in a 26-year-old's body played by Jerry Trainor) is a complete goof and not really a role model for kids; he is just a comedic genius. But now I'm just rambling because I'm obsessed with this show; overall, it has some violence, but not much; some "sexy stuff", you could say, with Carly and Sam liking boys, and Freddie having close interactions with both girls ("Creddie" or "Seddie" fans are still at constant war despite the show's end) and cussing like "hobos" and such. But I think this show is harmless... it's just Nickeloden comedy. You can definitely tell when something's not Disney. If you really miss iCarly, check out Sam & Cat, which obviously stars the ever-loved Sam from iCarly and the ditzy redhead Cat from Victorious, a show that ended earlier this year.
Teen, 15 years old Written bystar87 August 14, 2013

let your kids watch the show

seriously this show is FINE , Sam is sorta violent but nothing extreme and they say oh my god witch i dond really find offensive , they also thaly about bras sometimes but who cares its just a bra .
Kid, 10 years old August 10, 2013

Just Read The Review

iCarly is a great TV show in which, the humor grows a little more mature along with the actors. iCarly is hilarious and a favourite among many families and teenagers. Though it is suitable for all ages, though I wouldn't suggest having a five year old watching this for heir whole life. There are SOME positive messages in the episodes, and even though I agree that Sam is a bad role model with all her violence and bad attitude, but that just makes the show better. Each character has their own little quirk. Spencer, instead of an intellectual lawyer or teacher or having a job that pays really good money, he's an artist who is spontaneous and is pretty crazy. Carly is a little bratty, but she's a good girl. She gets good grades, doesn't do anything bad unless you could somehow talk her into it and she is a pretty okay example for girls. She is strong and smart and can stick up for herself. Sam is violence, mean, rude, and basically a criminal, though she is also a good friend. Her violence could help her and her friends with any situation that needs it. Like in iRescue Carly. Sam helped Carly, Freddie, and Gibby from her criminal friend, Dana. Freddie is smart and geeky and usually the target of Sam's teasing, violence, etc. Though he usually puts up with it and as the series goes on, the less they became enemies little by little. Gibby is not the brightest crayon in the box, but loved by many iCarly fans everywhere. He's funny, crazy, weird, awkward, and has strange interests and habits. Lewbert is a displeasing, rude, gross, and a not so loveable character on iCarly. Mrs. Benson tends to be annoying and over-protective, but she just loves Freddie and doesn't want him to get hurt. She too is also a bit crazy. All the other characters, minor or recurring, also have strange quirks in them, their not all perfect. Like Griffen, the bad boy Carly used to date, he's a bad boy, but loves these cute little stuffies made for little kids. I think that this shows us in the real world tat not everybody is perfect. And that people aren't just certain personality or characteristic. You can be a guy on the football team, but still have a passion for ballet. A cheerleader, but still be able to play sports. You don't have to be what people want you to be and you're allowed to have multiple personalities inside you. Even if their bad. So, iCarly is funny and a lovely show. You feel comfortable watching it and just can't help but smile. And parents, come on, let your child have some fun watching this. It's okay if there's a bit of violence or kissing. Your child is going to see it sooner or later. Hopefully not violence, but the kissing part. When they grow up, you don't want them to stay home and not be open to the world of affection. Just saying =P
Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2013

5,4,3,2,!!!

I used to absolutely love this show. 11 year olds will probably be over it, but hey. So lets get down to it. Violence- Not bad , Funny (fires, slapstick, boxing, butter sock) Sexy Stuff- Mild (boobs is frequent, dating, making out, shirtless guys) Thats it!
Kid, 12 years old July 24, 2013

"I" for internet

Teen, 17 years old Written bylovzhisdad July 12, 2013

Would this show be funny if it were the real world? I think not.

This show portrays bad role models for most of its humor. Sam is a bad role model because she's mean, merciless, dishonest, rude, and still serving detention from years ago. T-Bo has poor judgement, has no respect for other people, their privacy or their property and is very crude. Another recurring character is cruel, disrespectful, vengeful, self-centered, and has bad judgement. On the plus side, Carly and her friends and family all value each other for who they are.
Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2013

The truth about ICARLY

Icarly is a great show for TWEENS I only say that because Sam isn't a appropriate role mottle for younger kids. I should know my mom didn't let me watch icarly till I was 10 now I at first thought that was outrages but now that I watch the show I can now see why. there is a little bit of violence when Sam uses here "butter sock" to beat other people up with. also Sam in more then a couple times bullies ferity and Gibby and half the time she doesn't apologies. now lets talk about the "sexy stuff" honestly Carly goes on dates with other guys and they sometimes kiss and that goes for all the charters in Icarly. however I have herd inaproprate language like the f word once and danm and also crap! so I hope this new information helps you decide if this is a appropriate show for your kids! :)
Parent Written bymovielover85 July 5, 2013

not a bad show as some people think.

its not all of a bad show as people say it is. as it gets older it does get a bit mature but its one of those mature Nick shows. however i like it. i think kids should be able to watch this show.
Teen, 17 years old Written byIloveanime123 July 3, 2013

iCarly is a no

I use to see this show I don't why maybe because at first it was descent and then it turned to be that it's okay to make out with guys all the time like wow! Really?!? Not good for kids. I really get annoyed of the character Carly she is such a w-word always making out with every guy and making it ok to go out with your best friends ex boyfriend like why?!!!?? She is such a wannabe I noticed she tries being funny like Sam and copies her? Wow real independent *says sarcastically* i am glad they cancelled or stop the show cuz she was a bad role model and got in my nerves and also she would always lead on Freddy wow what a nice person! NOT! I don't want my little 4 year old sister from learning all this cuz its not ok. This show is not even funny at all! Sam and Cat is way better than this sad excuse of comedy!
Teen, 14 years old Written byTVwatcher001 June 30, 2013

FAN-TAS-TIC

Dan Schneider's shows are almost always great and funny. It's one of the best TV shows evver made. There are more then 100 episodes, so it can't be bad!
Teen, 15 years old Written byAleluvsyou June 8, 2013

Stop complaining its a good show

This show is really good and it's a TWEEN show which means its aimed for Tweens ok so if you think it not good for you pr 7 year old then don't te them watch it ok I know the say bra and stuff but really your complaining over a bra? Come on every girl wears a bra in her life ok it's not a big deal and they do not say gods name in vain just to tell ya it's a good show ok I see nothing wrong with it too bad it ended it probly did cuz of you "parents" complaining about the word bra wow that's really something to complain about think about it your rainting over NOTHING!!!!!!!!!! I knew what a bra was when I was like 7!!!!!!! It's not big deal every girl ep wears one so get over it I still watch reruns of it all the time and I'm 13 ok thank you I feel so mad over these so called parents trying to protect their kids over just the word bra gosh ppl these days
Kid, 12 years old May 21, 2013

Irritating and super annoying

This is the worst show ever! Do not bother watching it.
Kid, 12 years old May 18, 2013

Offensive

Several comments have been made on this show that are offensive to Jews.
Kid, 10 years old May 15, 2013

Love it but dont like the use of "Oh My God"

The only thing I noticed is the use of "Oh My God". As a Christian I don't like that. Other than that this is fine for kids.
Kid, 11 years old May 12, 2013

HORRIBLE

iCarly is not appropriate! Simple as that! I remember when I used to watch iCarly they used to use the word "sucks" all the time, (meaning sucks bones) and my father doesn't like that word. He's the one who explained the meaning to me. Also, they talk a lot about "boobs" and dating. Also (I don't remember this) but one a YouTube video they said that in iCarly they call people "hobknockers." I looked it up and the meaning was disgusting. Sam is also a bad role model. She is mean to Freddie and violent. Freddie disrespects his mom Mrs. Bincent (or was it Vincent?) and his friends do too. And in one episode (50th web show spectacular) Sam disrespects the Mr. Howard(he wasn't the nicest in the first place but...) by throwing a football and gets detention. Wait, that means iCarly is in BIG trouble. They will lose tons and tons of viewers! So Carly and Freddie try to get detention by doing nasty deeds! (Carly succeeds, Freddie fails.) But anyways, here is the worst part, THEY SHOOT THE WEB SHOW AND TRY NOT TO GET CAUGHT! And in the end the Principal doesn't get them in trouble! UNREALISTIC! This may make kids think that if they do something they aren't allowed to do, they won't get in trouble. I could just go rambling and rambling on about how TERRIBLE iCarly is but I will sum this up. Now I only get local channels and not Nickelodeon, and I heard iCarly recently ended because Miranda Cosgrove is in college, but I don't know if they still play reruns or not. But anyways, if you come across iCarly DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT watch it. It is thoroughly inappropriate for kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written by69 awesome May 12, 2013

really

This show is terrible why? 1. terrible plot. 2. terrible teenish language like lol omg. terrible :(
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn May 11, 2013

May confuse the youngest ones

Sometimes good,sometimes dull
Parent Written byMrCrocodile April 29, 2013

I Personally Enjoy It

Very much really. If Nickelodeon has been known for years as the network that preaches "kid power" to it, this is another show that compliments that. A web show where they can do whatever they want, show people whatever they want, say whatever they want, and not have adults have power over them, it IS very kid-empowering I think. I also love how the show used to show fans doing cool things either during the show or in the end credits. I like how kids could be apart of the show through the web show. This show makes me smile. I've looked deep into this show along with Dan Schneider's other shows he's created himself on Nickelodeon so therefore I've come to really enjoy it and the other shows for what they are despite any flaws. One thing though, parents: Stop depending on shows or fictional characters to raise your kids. You show your lazy parenting by leaving your kid to watch a show alone and depending on FICTIONAL characters to raise your kids, rather than being there and making sure your kid knows what Sam does especially in the early seasons is wrong. But I digress. When I first started watching the show I loved how sometimes they'd talk about having something healthy like a healthy pizza and they'd all be excited for it. This went on for about three seasons especially. I can't remember if the last few ever did that. I also loved when I heard them say something that would seem so true to me like cool people don't say they're cool or being a grown up doesn't mean you can't still be silly and creative and fun. It's true. There were other things but these stand out to me. It wasn't a preachy sitcom, but just one I could sit down and enjoy for a half hour every night after school. There isn't much many can say about the main character herself: Carly. But I have a few. She's a nice girl for the most part, not perfect as it's shown in some episodes like iDate A Bad Boy as she makes fun of her boyfriend for liking Pee Wee Babies. She has asthma and is a claustrophobic. Sometimes she takes her guardian and older brother Spencer for granted but often we see them being good siblings to each other. And Carly definitely learns to appreciate him in the Christmas episode. She's close with the people around her. She's close friends with Sam, and unlike many girls who wouldn't handle a guy crushing on her like crazy, she handled Freddie really well. She didn't make him stay out of her life, in fact it was the opposite. Come to think of it, I'm surprised that when we see Freddie's room in a later episode it doesn't have a poster or a cardboard cut out of Carly anywhere. More on Freddie in a bit. Carly is friends with Gibby and I found she really cares about him as shown in a few episodes, despite there being several things wrong with Gibby. But despite that Gibby is awesome. And more on HIM in a bit. And several times you can see she really loves her father, the Colonel. You really see it in the series finale. Now for Freddie, I like how he doesn't come across as a typical nerd with the weird teeth or glasses or weird clothing. He looks like a kid but with a lot of brains when it comes to tech stuff. And I really hate that there are people that don't see this about him that I do: despite the many times Sam has hit him, picked on him, belittled him, he's dealt with it all and throughout the show he doesn't let Sam get to him. The same goes for Gibby. People go off about how nowadays kids would get so depressed from all that bullying, they could even go kill that someone or other people with them. But they don't consider or appreciate the fact that Gibby and Freddie didn't give into those things, that they learned to not let anything hurt them (atleast not emotionally). This is something I love about Freddie and Gibby. They both turn out so strong. And I think this is why near the end of the show they start hanging out more. Gibby and Freddie are both so confident and strong now by the end of the show. And...does no one notice the fact that the popular couples in Dan's shows consist of a nerd getting the girl? Whether she's popular or not? Despite whatever the nerds in his shows go through, they get some respect by him as he's writing them. Now for Sam, got to give credit to Jennette McCurdy for portraying a character people either love or hate or they have a love/hate relationship with her. Although that side of Sam where she is rough, sarcastic and even wild exists, good qualities of her do start coming out. She eventually understands when she needs to stop if she takes things too far with Freddie especially. She starts having a better relationship with her mom by the fourth season, when she and Freddie break up, this is the start of her character developing even more. In the episode where she goes to Canada for Fatcakes, at the beginning of the episode, it's revealed that she started to behave better which results in her surprise trip. She starts staying out of trouble (and it IS thanks to the web show itself, but more on that later), and a couple of times we see her standing up for her friends and two other kids that get bullied. Before she was simply so careless and would often be in juvie. But now she's staying out of trouble a bit more and I think with her baby sitting service in the spin off, she's going to really learn to stay out of trouble. As for Spencer, I love him as an older brother. He's cool, he's fun, the actor is very funny. He's a lovable older brother that I wish I had. By the way, even though iCarly is seen as another show where someone is famous or wants to be famous, it doesn't mean the characters in this show necessarily do. Their web show is a success, but they still live lives much more normally than the characters in other shows. They can walk around without someone going crazy over them (except in iStart A Fanwar) or starting at them. And speaking of iStart A Fanwar, I love how with episodes like this, like the series finale, Dan speaks through the characters to us. Especially the shipping couples thing which is the reason many people even watch a show these days. I read fun facts Dan has written for his episodes and sometimes he'll put something in to an episode because it's something he's seen or it's based on someone he works with. Like the huge phone Freddie has in iGoodbye is made fun of by Gibby because Dan himself knows someone with a huge phone that he and other people he works with laugh about it. Now earlier I was talking about the web show being the reason why Sam stays out of prison more. It's not just her the iCarly web show has an impact on. It's everyone. Without iCarly, the main characters wouldn't be so close as they are now, minus Carly and Sam and maybe Freddie. The web show was the reason Sam and Freddie had to spend so much time together and they would slowly learn to be friends with each other and Freddie would learn to not let Sam get to him. The closer they got because of the web show being apart of their lives, resulted in them deciding to date. Although it was short, the breakup scene I find is the reason Sam started making better choices when Freddie suggested that she tries to be a little normal while Sam suggests the opposite for him. Without the web show they never would've been so close. If all three didn't help Gibby win a date at all with the help of the iCarly web show, he would've always been too shy to go out with a girl. He later learns to just be himself thanks to their help and he becomes confident. Without the web show they probably wouldn't have been able to help him even date in the first place. And the popularity of the web show resulted in Nora Dershlitt, a super crazy iCarly fan who kidnaps Carly, Sam and Freddie, who Gibby fights to save his friends, this earning fans' respect as well as the main characters and he became more awesome ever since. It never would've happened if it wasn't for, you guessed it, the web show existing. A small thing I love is in iRescue Carly, they all are so close by now that they simply hung out and watched a movie together. The web show existing is the reason friendships and relationships formed, and mended. I love noticing how with iCarly, as the seasons progress, the show itself grows up along with the characters. Especially by the last season we see that iCarly isn't just a "kids show". (For me, though, I realized that by season 2.) There are jokes and references adults can understand and I love that Dan has always tried to make his shows appealing for adults too. He doesn't just think of the kids, he thinks of all age groups and it's good to know there are other adults out there that liked iCarly too. Even the settings and the props and the things that were created for the show are amazing. I love the iCarly studio, the Shay apartment filled with Spencer's sculptures, Sam's remote, The Groovy Smoothie, different food put on a stick by T-Bo, the supposed boss of the Groovy Smoothie. I even love the Pear products and how later the phones are shaped like a pear. And the Penny T's were awesome! I'd love one some day and I love that they were loved by people so much that they would ask Dan if they're available anywhere. And spaghetti tacos, I love that they're popular. They're actually good to have for a party or whenever really! The characters can do silly things, wacky things, even childish things. Like Spencer, but it doesn't stop me from loving this show. ***** and 10/10 by me.
Kid, 11 years old March 28, 2013

Wait, There's more!!!

i Carly is an entertaining show. it involves a lot of cyber bullying on their live internet show by calling people jerks or geeks. their is tons of kissing and flirting, and some scenes on i Carly their (web show) on a floating bra and conversations on boobs. Especially in the episode about the beauty pageants. This is a good show though there is some language.I Carly promotes many things. Carly is a good role model but Sam is not a very good one.Positive messages are rare but when they are on the show there is a lot of them.