All member reviews for iCarly

Interactive show raises social media issues for tweens.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn May 11, 2013

May confuse the youngest ones

Sometimes good,sometimes dull
Parent Written byMrCrocodile April 29, 2013

I Personally Enjoy It

Very much really. If Nickelodeon has been known for years as the network that preaches "kid power" to it, this is another show that compliments that. A web show where they can do whatever they want, show people whatever they want, say whatever they want, and not have adults have power over them, it IS very kid-empowering I think. I also love how the show used to show fans doing cool things either during the show or in the end credits. I like how kids could be apart of the show through the web show. This show makes me smile. I've looked deep into this show along with Dan Schneider's other shows he's created himself on Nickelodeon so therefore I've come to really enjoy it and the other shows for what they are despite any flaws. One thing though, parents: Stop depending on shows or fictional characters to raise your kids. You show your lazy parenting by leaving your kid to watch a show alone and depending on FICTIONAL characters to raise your kids, rather than being there and making sure your kid knows what Sam does especially in the early seasons is wrong. But I digress. When I first started watching the show I loved how sometimes they'd talk about having something healthy like a healthy pizza and they'd all be excited for it. This went on for about three seasons especially. I can't remember if the last few ever did that. I also loved when I heard them say something that would seem so true to me like cool people don't say they're cool or being a grown up doesn't mean you can't still be silly and creative and fun. It's true. There were other things but these stand out to me. It wasn't a preachy sitcom, but just one I could sit down and enjoy for a half hour every night after school. There isn't much many can say about the main character herself: Carly. But I have a few. She's a nice girl for the most part, not perfect as it's shown in some episodes like iDate A Bad Boy as she makes fun of her boyfriend for liking Pee Wee Babies. She has asthma and is a claustrophobic. Sometimes she takes her guardian and older brother Spencer for granted but often we see them being good siblings to each other. And Carly definitely learns to appreciate him in the Christmas episode. She's close with the people around her. She's close friends with Sam, and unlike many girls who wouldn't handle a guy crushing on her like crazy, she handled Freddie really well. She didn't make him stay out of her life, in fact it was the opposite. Come to think of it, I'm surprised that when we see Freddie's room in a later episode it doesn't have a poster or a cardboard cut out of Carly anywhere. More on Freddie in a bit. Carly is friends with Gibby and I found she really cares about him as shown in a few episodes, despite there being several things wrong with Gibby. But despite that Gibby is awesome. And more on HIM in a bit. And several times you can see she really loves her father, the Colonel. You really see it in the series finale. Now for Freddie, I like how he doesn't come across as a typical nerd with the weird teeth or glasses or weird clothing. He looks like a kid but with a lot of brains when it comes to tech stuff. And I really hate that there are people that don't see this about him that I do: despite the many times Sam has hit him, picked on him, belittled him, he's dealt with it all and throughout the show he doesn't let Sam get to him. The same goes for Gibby. People go off about how nowadays kids would get so depressed from all that bullying, they could even go kill that someone or other people with them. But they don't consider or appreciate the fact that Gibby and Freddie didn't give into those things, that they learned to not let anything hurt them (atleast not emotionally). This is something I love about Freddie and Gibby. They both turn out so strong. And I think this is why near the end of the show they start hanging out more. Gibby and Freddie are both so confident and strong now by the end of the show. And...does no one notice the fact that the popular couples in Dan's shows consist of a nerd getting the girl? Whether she's popular or not? Despite whatever the nerds in his shows go through, they get some respect by him as he's writing them. Now for Sam, got to give credit to Jennette McCurdy for portraying a character people either love or hate or they have a love/hate relationship with her. Although that side of Sam where she is rough, sarcastic and even wild exists, good qualities of her do start coming out. She eventually understands when she needs to stop if she takes things too far with Freddie especially. She starts having a better relationship with her mom by the fourth season, when she and Freddie break up, this is the start of her character developing even more. In the episode where she goes to Canada for Fatcakes, at the beginning of the episode, it's revealed that she started to behave better which results in her surprise trip. She starts staying out of trouble (and it IS thanks to the web show itself, but more on that later), and a couple of times we see her standing up for her friends and two other kids that get bullied. Before she was simply so careless and would often be in juvie. But now she's staying out of trouble a bit more and I think with her baby sitting service in the spin off, she's going to really learn to stay out of trouble. As for Spencer, I love him as an older brother. He's cool, he's fun, the actor is very funny. He's a lovable older brother that I wish I had. By the way, even though iCarly is seen as another show where someone is famous or wants to be famous, it doesn't mean the characters in this show necessarily do. Their web show is a success, but they still live lives much more normally than the characters in other shows. They can walk around without someone going crazy over them (except in iStart A Fanwar) or starting at them. And speaking of iStart A Fanwar, I love how with episodes like this, like the series finale, Dan speaks through the characters to us. Especially the shipping couples thing which is the reason many people even watch a show these days. I read fun facts Dan has written for his episodes and sometimes he'll put something in to an episode because it's something he's seen or it's based on someone he works with. Like the huge phone Freddie has in iGoodbye is made fun of by Gibby because Dan himself knows someone with a huge phone that he and other people he works with laugh about it. Now earlier I was talking about the web show being the reason why Sam stays out of prison more. It's not just her the iCarly web show has an impact on. It's everyone. Without iCarly, the main characters wouldn't be so close as they are now, minus Carly and Sam and maybe Freddie. The web show was the reason Sam and Freddie had to spend so much time together and they would slowly learn to be friends with each other and Freddie would learn to not let Sam get to him. The closer they got because of the web show being apart of their lives, resulted in them deciding to date. Although it was short, the breakup scene I find is the reason Sam started making better choices when Freddie suggested that she tries to be a little normal while Sam suggests the opposite for him. Without the web show they never would've been so close. If all three didn't help Gibby win a date at all with the help of the iCarly web show, he would've always been too shy to go out with a girl. He later learns to just be himself thanks to their help and he becomes confident. Without the web show they probably wouldn't have been able to help him even date in the first place. And the popularity of the web show resulted in Nora Dershlitt, a super crazy iCarly fan who kidnaps Carly, Sam and Freddie, who Gibby fights to save his friends, this earning fans' respect as well as the main characters and he became more awesome ever since. It never would've happened if it wasn't for, you guessed it, the web show existing. A small thing I love is in iRescue Carly, they all are so close by now that they simply hung out and watched a movie together. The web show existing is the reason friendships and relationships formed, and mended. I love noticing how with iCarly, as the seasons progress, the show itself grows up along with the characters. Especially by the last season we see that iCarly isn't just a "kids show". (For me, though, I realized that by season 2.) There are jokes and references adults can understand and I love that Dan has always tried to make his shows appealing for adults too. He doesn't just think of the kids, he thinks of all age groups and it's good to know there are other adults out there that liked iCarly too. Even the settings and the props and the things that were created for the show are amazing. I love the iCarly studio, the Shay apartment filled with Spencer's sculptures, Sam's remote, The Groovy Smoothie, different food put on a stick by T-Bo, the supposed boss of the Groovy Smoothie. I even love the Pear products and how later the phones are shaped like a pear. And the Penny T's were awesome! I'd love one some day and I love that they were loved by people so much that they would ask Dan if they're available anywhere. And spaghetti tacos, I love that they're popular. They're actually good to have for a party or whenever really! The characters can do silly things, wacky things, even childish things. Like Spencer, but it doesn't stop me from loving this show. ***** and 10/10 by me.
Kid, 11 years old March 28, 2013

Wait, There's more!!!

i Carly is an entertaining show. it involves a lot of cyber bullying on their live internet show by calling people jerks or geeks. their is tons of kissing and flirting, and some scenes on i Carly their (web show) on a floating bra and conversations on boobs. Especially in the episode about the beauty pageants. This is a good show though there is some language.I Carly promotes many things. Carly is a good role model but Sam is not a very good one.Positive messages are rare but when they are on the show there is a lot of them.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJacobBrandyDoggy March 13, 2013

DON"T BOTHER

DON"T BOTHER. Inappropriate show, not for kids, barely for adults. Plus the characters are arrogant and bad role models.
Kid, 11 years old March 6, 2013

Bad messages

This show sends wrong messages to kids. I got in troble because i disrespeced my teacher. They do the same thing in iCarly. Sam sets a bad example for kids for being violent and beating up poor freddy. I hate this show. IT'S A BAD INFLUENCE ON KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old March 5, 2013

Good show for kids

but kinda iffy
Kid, 10 years old February 8, 2013

iCarly

This tv show is great althouh it is a bit anoying. Parants need to know that there is a tiny bit of sexual content but it is not a big deal. There is one mention of "sexy purple tanktop" said by Carly 's brother Spencer who appears to be in his late 20's. In one episode Carly is in a beautiful pink dress and Sam holds out two gel balls to Carly and says " Put these in your bra ", which Carly refuses to do do. And a few times on the there show, icarly they pretend to have a guest star wich is a talking bra who tells ghost stories.
Kid, 11 years old February 8, 2013

Good

Some sexal things like put these in ur bra but otherwise good
Teen, 13 years old Written bymelierox123 January 27, 2013

Hilarious Show!

This show is classically hilarious! I'm so sad it ended, and have been watching since I was 7. Parents: There is a lot of kissing in some episodes, it depends on whether your kid can handle that. I was used to the kissy stuff because I watched Drake and Josh when I was 6. Yes, kids laugh at violence because its funny, and thats what society is now. So Sam adds a laugh, but she is not supposed to teach your kid how to do anything. Overall, this show is not aimed at little kids, so don't get mad at Nickelodeon. I love the show and you should too.
Kid, 11 years old January 22, 2013

Pretty Good

Carly is a positive role model,this show shows teamwork and it is a pretty good comedy. Those are the show's good points. Sam's a bad role model (which isn't that big of a deal unless your kids are young and don't know right from wrong) which makes the show's only really funnny part get old after only a couple episodes,Freddy is someone who falls all over one girl (Carly) and is constantly the joke even though he's a good role model (again not a big deal if your kids know right from wrong),and Spencer isn't the best role model of a parent (in the show's defense he is her older brother. What do you except?) But unless your kids are young this is a great show to watch. So the show is kind of half and half.
Teen, 17 years old Written bym39 December 22, 2012

DO NOT WATCH IT!!

What can I say, about "iCarly"? It's one of the WORST shows I've ever see on my entire life! The acting is horrible, the plot makes no sense, and the characters are forgettable! By the way, WHY EVERY EPISODES TITLES IS ALWAYS SOMETHING LIKE "i*title*"?!?! I say that again, it's one of the worst shows. Avoid "iCarly", so far as you can!
Kid, 12 years old December 16, 2012

Good for kids 7-14

I've been a huge fan of this show since it came out, but I do understand that there are some elements to the show that younger audiences shouldn't be exposed to. For example, the character Sam will sometimes perform violent acts to kids at school. There is some bad language (usually instances of God in vain), but it's not like they drop the F-bomb all the time. Carly is a positive role model and this show is creative and good for older kids.
Kid, 10 years old December 14, 2012

Bleh.

The title says it all.
Teen, 15 years old Written byorangebirds December 7, 2012

Interesting but excessive

Kid, 10 years old December 5, 2012

epic show!!!

this is the best show ive ever seen too bad it ended ):
Kid, 11 years old December 1, 2012

iCarly's Great!

Okay, so kids will learn how to say skunkbag or wazbag or hobknocker from this show, but are those really bad words?
Teen, 13 years old Written byLu Bu November 30, 2012

Boring and awful garbage does not deserve my approval

This is really terrible, and the new episodes are even worse, do not waste much time with this trash!!
Written byAnonymous November 28, 2012

Not for Kids and it should get a TV-MA Rating.

Why is iCarly into Explicit Sex Content and talking about boobs. Not for kids.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 November 26, 2012

icarly

bad to be able to access so much information and content? How does the Web affect your relationship with other people? What are some of the dangers associated with Internet use? Has anyone you know ever been bullied or otherwise mistreated online? How? What did they do? Remind your kids that they should never say anything online that they wouldn't say to someone's face, and make sure tweens understand your rules for using the Internet, especially regarding uploading videos and providing personal information to any website. For more on Internet safety, click here.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillionaire November 24, 2012

Iffy for 10+

I Think This Is Iffy for a Midtween because of The Word "Boobs". On iGoodbye Sam Tells Carly to Take Her Shirt Off. By The Way, I'm really going to Miss This Show. :(