All member reviews for Invader Zim

This little green guy has one big 'tude.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySlipperyQ June 8, 2011

An Eye-Opening Show

There is only one reason the age for this show is higher- it's not as funny if you don't have the experience to relate. Here is an innovative cartoon that is sure to raise some eyebrows- and having heard quite a bit about the man behind it, this is not surprising. But kids today are exposed to so many sick things every day, that it doesn't throw us. Did you know that I can no longer walk down a school hallway without hearing something that would get me grounded? And I don't care. Because it's normal. I don't call my generation mean, or disturbed, or anything else, though. I call us UNAFRAID. That's what Invader Zim is- UNAFRAID. Zim is, like many real people, angry and hurt. His people do not want him, and he wants somebody to believe in him. And, like many real people, he goes about it the wrong way. Growing up watching him (and many people I know in real life) make the wrong choices reminds me now that it is not okay. There's a right way to gain respect- this is not it. His determination is astounding, however, and admirable. Dib, the antagonist character, is quite blatently a neglected child feeling very much the same as Zim. Dib's struggle for the attention of his father - a man, I might add, who is not really worth all the effort - happens in the real world. It shows me that when a person isn't good for you, chasing them will only make things worse. If they can't accept you the way you are, they're not worth impressing. Also, the fact that Zim and Dib are so similar personality- and situation-wise makes it clear how ridiculous it is that they are enemies, simply because they are on opposite ends of the universe. If they stopped for a moment and acknowledged each other as friends, neither would need to go through with petty goals and dangerous missions, because the entire point of it is to gain acceptance and love. Some things they could just as easily give each other, and be far happier. There's something to be learned from that, surely; I know I will never make the same mistakes. At first glance, Invader Zim seems to be sending off the wrong signals, but it's exactly the opposite. Kids watch this show with clarity; they can see that what is going on is not right. They know that things like this (though perhaps not on as large a scale) happen all the time. Many of them, such as myself, have watched it happen. I've spoken to kids at my school who are neglected, abused, and bullied. Just like on TV. And because of this show, I know that becoming bitter and violent is not the way to make things better; only to lose yourself. God bless Invader Zim.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySarahGirl5 April 19, 2012

Don't watch ever

Don't listen to everybody saying that this is the best show ever. I saw this show when I was 10 and I was freaked out for practically months. It's not violent but it is very scary (in one episode a kid has his eyes ripped out). Please don't watch this show no matter how mature you are. It will give you nightmares for years. This show doesn't deserve to be on Nickelodeon.
Kid, 12 years old August 2, 2011

MY ALL TIME FAVORITE SHOW!!!! NOTHING IS BETTER THAN THIS!!!!!!!

THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER INVENTED!!!!!!! INVADER ZIM IS THE RHOMBUS!!!!! Zim will always say funny things like "Filthy humans", "Humans and their filthy Friendship! Invaders need no one! NO ONE!!!!!", "Humans and their filthy food", "Stupid human" or "Crazy earth filth!". There is nothing to worry about in Invader Zim! BEST SHOW EVER CANNED/MADE!!!!! Gir is really cute like how he sleeps or what he says is cute too. NICK!!!!! I HATE YOU SO MUCH NICK!!!!! YOU REPLACED THE OLD NICK, CANCELED INVADER ZIM AND GOT A BUNCH OF NEW DUMB SHOWS, I MEAN "EARTH FILTH" AND RUINED NICKELODEON. AND THE SLIME LOGO IS GONE FOREVER!!!! I AM GOING TO KILL YOU NICK!!!!! GET INVADER ZIM BACK NOW!!!!!!! I LOVE INVADER ZIM FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE INVADER ZIM MORE THAN ANYTHING!!!!!!!! I LOVE INVADER ZIM EVERYTHING!!!! Dib's head is not big!!!! He is smart! But you can't hate him because he is the enemy of Invader Zim, That's ME!!! ZIM IS ME!!!!!!! ZIM IS ME!!!!!! ZIM IS ME!!!!!! ZIM IS ME!!!!!!!! INVADER ZIM WILL ALWAYS BE IN OUR HEARTS FOREVER!!!!!!!!! I AM LIKE THE BIGGEST INVADER ZIM FAN THAT EVER LIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 12 year old Written byAstrid12 November 21, 2010

Very smart, underrated, "feared" show

For some reason, Invader Zim scares Americans. One little green dude wants to take over the world in a cartoon and parents are already concerned of them taking in the "bad stuff". Are people so untrustworthy of their kids that they can't tell the difference. Invader Zim is a satirical view of the everyday lifestyle. People are always overreacting so they are the exact thing Invader Zim makes fun of. This show is perfect becuase it teaches and develops into smart, critical thinkers that are capable of handling big chores. I want my child to know these things and for him to tell them apart. I don't want him to grow into the adults that Invader Zim shows but a smart, independent thinker. For that, Invader Zim is the smartest, perfect children's show that was taken away too soon.
Adult Written byMikeM April 9, 2008

A great mixture of random stupidity

This show is probably one of THE best shows ever. It's filled with episode after episode of random stupidity and subtle jokes that poke fun at today's society. The only thing that parents may be concerned about is that it doesn't really promote good morals. For instance, a teacher welcomes a new student by saying "Class, I would like to introduce the newest, hopeless appendage to the student body." Not to mention the teacher’s name is “Miss Bitters”. Other than that the show is great for kids of all ages - but kids 8 and up may understand the few jokes that actually take thought and intellect. (Not every joke is as nonsensical as those in SpongeBob).
Teen, 16 years old Written byEntertaimentCritic88 November 27, 2013

Perfection! :D

I really liked Invader Zim. It was funny, the animation was cool, and GIR was hilarious. The rest of the characters were great too. This show was flawless.
Kid, 12 years old May 11, 2011

THE BESTEST ESTEST SHOW EVR!!!

This is the BESTEST show ever!!!! Not many good things to say about it. I mean...there is nothing bad at all. But the characters really don't posese any do this qualities??? Gir is a really " Don't care watcha say" type dog, robot, alien, thing.I LOVE GIR!!! HE IS SO ADORABLE!!! I don't know why your kid shouldn't watch this show. I mean...it's rated Y7? So is Spongebob...Let your kids watch it....AND NO MORE STEREOTYPES BOUT ZIM!!! EVRYONE NOWADAYS IS SAYING THAT IF YOU LIKE INVADER ZIM YO LIKE SCENE OR EMO!!!??? Jeez people get a grip...its just a show...A CUTE ONE!!
Kid, 10 years old February 13, 2011

Victory for Zim!

I love this show! I love Zim and I love GIR! My favorite eposode is the lice eposode where everybody gets lice in the skool but not zim or his teacher and then they have like a SWAT team come but then they use zim as a gun because his skin kills lice!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySweeneyCat August 30, 2010

OBEY THE FIST!!!

I personally LOVE Invader Zim, and I grew up watching the show, but some parents with younger children might not suggest it. While the story itself is somewhat bizarre, having kids rooting for the bad guy (Zim, the psychotic alien trying to take over the world) more than Dib, Earth's protector. It also has some mildly disturbing scenes that pop out rarely yet unexpectedly in some episodes, such as a kid's eyes being ripped out of their sockets by a pincher trap set up by Zim and being replaced by new ones. The infamous Dark Harvest episode is really not as bad as it's made out to be, no blood or anything, and most of the macabre humor will whizz over your child's head and more to yours. GIR also offsets it greatly by his excellent and cute comic relief. This was SUCH a great chow, and now that it's actually on regular times, check it out!
Parent Written byPlague December 17, 2009

Invader Zim

Very funny show. Not a big cartoon fan at all, but this is just one of those shows...
Kid, 12 years old December 3, 2015

Awesome!

It's me, Goatworlds, and I'm here to say, that this is the second best Nick show ever, only to be beaten by SpongeBob (seasons 1-5). The show never went stale, but it's always been creepy (Dark Harvest was plain disturbing, but funny).
Teen, 14 years old Written byDAz mongoose July 1, 2015

Good show!

Pretty good show, though it has its... uh... "moments" cough-DARKHARVEST!-cough...
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSMShamster April 5, 2015

Such an awesome show! !!!!

Invader Zim is a clever and quite underated show. The jokes are great and it gives us plenty of memorable characters. The one issue about this show is that the head writer is a master of tip toeing past the censors, and some episodes can get pretty intense (don't ever show your kid Dark Harvest). As long as your kids can handle a little bit of synacle, they are going to love it.
Adult Written byhendleyh February 23, 2015

I'm 13 years old. When I was younger I would watch this show all the time and not understand any of the jokes but still think it was funny with Gir's crazy sayings and antics. I recommend that younger kids (ages 10 and below) should not watch this show. Even though Gir is quite funny for them, they would not understand the adult humor being showed in this show.
Adult Written byaliceumbrella January 4, 2015

Great for teenagers and adults not so much children

I must start this off saying I LOVE this show. Then again I am 21 and still like a lot of the shows I watched as a kid. I did not watch this show because I remember it being violent and I didn't really understand the plot 100% of the time. One episode in particular involves organ harvesting to make Zim more human and better his disguise. I can't watch that episode now anymore than I could then. I think it's a funny sill show filled with satire. It's my own opinion and I know plenty of people who always liked it. I just think it is something you should be watching as a family so the little ones won't end up seeing something upsetting. As a teenager it's a bit more appropriate but then again it is always the parents' decision as to whether its ok to watch. You should always pre watch a show to ensure it works for you and teaches your child morals and ideas that you feel fit with your family.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydoctor11 November 14, 2014

YES! this show was so good! still is! GIR is my spirit animal.

Ok I'm fricken 15 and I still love this show. I watched the thing from pilot to finale (or lack of one :/) when I was about 11 with my brother who was 9. We both were in love with it and a while after we finished it we rewatched it and it was still as good. It just never gets old and GIR. IS. SO. FUNNY. Anyway show this to your children. About the violence yeah there is an episode were Zim is trying to make friends with a kid so he can use him. Anyway the kids becomes really clingy so Zim gives him a present that contains a machineven that pulls out his eyes??? Also the is the episode were Zim steals kids organs so that when he goes to the nurse she won't find that he doesn't have human organs. But for violence that's pretty much it... the show is overally disturbing. It just has a dark vibe. Like the fact that most humans are seen drooling and every public place is completely filthy among other small things. As for language it is really nothing. Yeah people are called dumb and stuff but that's it. And, yes, this show was created by the same guy who did Johnny: The Homicidal Maniac but I dont understand why that would mean its a bad show. it was OK'ed by the CN censorship so it cant be too bad. am i right? I hope this review helped your decide :)
Kid, 12 years old May 8, 2014

Entertaining for all ages.

This show really set the par for dark Nicktoons. Disturbing and dark at many moments. But that makes it all the more genius, doesn't it? Entertaining for the littles and teens. Some people are even calling it a 'cult classic'. Give it a try!
Teen, 14 years old Written byANDREEAHIHNIHV5NI4HW February 15, 2014

A REALLY GOOD SHOW

OMG!!! ZIM IS SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2013

Hilarious!

I was a baby while this was on, but I think it should still be running to this day! I caught reruns on The Nicktoons Network a few years back. Gir is hilarious and Zim is funny and crazy! If it was still on, it would be the best Nicktoon on (along with spongebob) A lot of space violence, using all types of cool weapons in enjoyable action scenes.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySamuraiFox August 11, 2013

Doom doom doom doom doom... The End!

I love this show, just saying. Anyways, it's about an alien, Zim, who is prideful and arrogant, who tries to conquer the earth. Zim is suppose to be a bad guy, but he saves the earth a lot. All of the characters are funny/fun, but somethings I'll say to skip, like scenes with Bloaty, who is just a random pizza advertisement hog, and such. Other than that, it's awesome and needs more seasons.