All member reviews for Iron Chef America

Teen, 13 years old Written bySpalko April 24, 2010

Fun show for all ages!

Grear show, thrilling, and you can't wait until the new one comes out on Sunday!
Adult Written byeveryguy May 1, 2010

I started watching this after my 11 year old daughter found it on the food channel. She was already interested in cooking and this made her really excited about it. We like the action and the chefs passion for their work. We also enjoyed who will be the next iron chef.
Parent of a 1 and 8 year old Written byMama2boys April 21, 2010

Wonderful and entertaining family show that might make you hungry!

We love Food Network and really enjoy Iron Chef. My son (and us too) has learned a lot regarding foods and cooking (and sometimes wants to be a chef when he grows up). I was surprised CSM rated it for older kids, as we have never seen anything in it that we found to be inappropriate (what slight innuendo is very mild and not easy for youngsters to catch). They do cook with and serve alcohol, but we never thought anything of it, since it is just a part of cooking and dining and isn’t singled out. We find the Chairman to be campy and funny (i.e the swoosh sound effect when he turns his head) and the mild bragging is good natured and smacks more of confidence than bragging to us. We really enjoy the show, and love to guess what the secret ingredient is going to be before it is revealed and which Iron Chef will be selected. The pacing is fast enough to keep it interesting. We feel it encourages creativity and best effort, teaches about cooking and foods (and some history) and like how the chefs and judges model good sportsmanship. Another bonus has been shows like this have made my picky son a bit more adventurous of an eater.
Kid, 9 years old April 13, 2011

Well, i used to watch food network when i was 4, and still watch it.
Kid, 11 years old December 28, 2010

A Cool Cooking Experience

I really like to cook-so I don't think anyone would not expect that I would like to watch Iron Chef America. Iron Chef America is a really good cooking series show where these two cooks (an Iron Chef and a different chef) battle each other making 5 dishes including the main ingredient in one hour. Whoever gets the most points wins. However there is a lot of wine and champange used but not in the drinking way. They would add it to the dishes to give it some flavor. Otherwise the alcahol would burn off anyway. No way is it used not appropriate.
Kid, 11 years old August 2, 2010

pretty good show

i like this show.i think it's interesting seeing the secret ingredient and what they make.i think it's also a great way to see what you might want to make for lunch or dinner.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBbbbbbbi June 21, 2010

Iron chef America- an ok show!

Iron Chef America is OK. Some episodes are funny.
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written bygizzy209 May 7, 2010

Teen, 13 years old Written byhomegirl13 April 29, 2010

good show

only reason i siad on for 11 and up is younger kids might find it boring
Kid, 12 years old April 29, 2010

Very good! A reccomended watch!

Very good! I reccomend it to all people. Who dosen't like to watch a cooking competition? This is a clean show, well done, and just plain fun. What's not to like about it? Also, you may pick up some cooking tips! Just so you know, There is a bit of wine and alchol, but it is still good! watch it!
Kid, 11 years old April 28, 2010

BORING!!!!

THIS IS SUPER BORING!!!!!