All member reviews for It's a Big, Big World

Engaging show with good messages for preschoolers.

Parent of a 3 year old Written byhondurab June 18, 2009

Nice for very young, great music! Iffy for 3 due to obnx monkey bro/sis dynamcs

I used to love to watch this with my son between 1-2, but now that he's 3 y/o, I don't really like the dynamics between the brother&sister monkeys. I think when my son is 4 or older, I'll feel more comfortable with it again (maybe). I do like that they portray the sloth and the turtle as adults, and the rest as kids with appropriate interactions. I just don't like the influence of spazzy, bratty name calling and such between the siblings. Even though it all gets resolved and teaches a lesson, that doesn't stop it from being an example that is absorbed regardless of the sequelae. LOVE the MUSIC and SONGS and the way the information is brought out.
Kid, 10 years old August 31, 2013

I do not know why I have so many memories from PBS Kids...

I have remembered this now-cancelled PBS Kids television series. It has educational value like geography. Not like if it was Bill Nye the Science Guy.
Adult Written byMikeysmom April 9, 2008

Wonderful for children

My son loves this show, He dances to the music and actually stays put to watch to whole show unlike other shows that I have presented to him. It helps them to learn new things and see the world as well as getting them involved. It is such an amazing show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCarlyGray August 5, 2016

Memories

I don't remember much about this show. I watched it when I was little though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIdiotHead1101 August 29, 2012

Bad

Parent of a 1 and 2 year old Written bymommyoftwo July 16, 2009
I am ok with the show but there are some where they reference to evaluation and I don't like that.
Parent Written bykabook April 9, 2008
Adult Written byjyanek April 9, 2008

Uplifting,friendly and warm

Music is catchy and easy to sing to. Characters are huggable and friendly. Topics are relevant and explained well. Production value is excellent. I like watching it!
Parent of a 1 year old Written byHKBATEMAN228 April 9, 2008

EXCELLENT SHOW!!

MY DAUGHTER IS ONLY SIX MONTHS OLD BUT SHE LOVES THIS SHOW! WE ONLY ALLOW HER TO WATCH THIS AND OCCAISIONALLY SESAME STREET, BUT THIS CAPTURES HER ATTENTION THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE SHOW! ALSO, THE MESSAGES IN THE SHOW ARE WHOLESOME AND EDUCATIONAL, SO I WON'T MIND HER WATCHING IT AS SHE GROWS OLDER. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE WITH SMALL CHILDREN!!

i hate this show.

it talks about spirits! bad!
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008
Adult Written bypenelope April 9, 2008

MY INFANT LOVES IT!

Parent of a 2 year old Written bywritergirlmel August 13, 2009

Good Entertainment Now, Good Opportunity to Learn Later

My son is under a year old, but we do allow very limited screen time, and this is his favorite show. No, it doesn't have as much educational content as some other programs, but it does provide good opportunities to learn (and talk) about living with diversity, respecting each other, etc for toddlers and preschoolers. At his age, however, my son is more concerned with the bright colorful characters, catchy music, etc. So for now, it entertains him. Later, it can teach him about being a small part of a big world in which not everyone will agree with or be like him. (Bonus: He giggles through every episode. What mom can resist that?)
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 5, 2009

NO PLOT!

There is no plot! This show bores me to death! Not Reccomended!
Parent of a 1 year old Written byDIANA23 January 18, 2009

I LOVE THIS SHOW

MY SON IS HIPNOTIZED EVERY TIME HE WATCHES THE SHOW HE LOVES IT HE LOVES EVERY CARECTOR AND LOVES ALL THE SONGS THEY SING AND HE IS JUST 1Y OLD ITS A GOOD SHOW A WATCH IT WITH HIM IS CUTE.
Adult Written byouarda April 9, 2008
Adult Written bybeingvenus April 9, 2008

Lovely, lovely program

This is one of the freshest new children's shows in the past 4 years. The characters are amusing and it's incredibly easy for preschoolers to understand the concepts the show puts forth. My son loves it and we talk about the show afterwards... he's learned about metamorphosis, how ice melts, why some animals fly and others don't and many other basic concepts. I also love how gentle and peaceful the characters are when they interact with one another.
Adult Written byjupebox April 9, 2008

Question

My son watched this every day for a week when we changed our sleeping schedule. I never liked the song much -- well, it is really catchy, so beware... Hah. It's a good show, although one episode surprised me as it kind of had this underlying message of postmodernism... talking about the "spirit" of the trees and stuff like that. I'm sure the creators of the show have good motives, but it was enough to make me feel slightly uncomfortable. Don't let that one episode ruin the show for you, though. Overall, it's a pretty decent show.
Adult Written bysupermomma April 9, 2008
very cute and fun way for little ones to learn about animals, how they live, and also teaches wonderful lessons about how to treat others, sharing, caring, & helping.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

We Love It's a Big Big World!

My almost 5 yr. old daughter and I watch this together all the time. We love the songs and music. The puppetry is amazing and we always learn something from each episode. It's very refreshing as a parent to see a non-animated show with such high production values. The show is slow paced with beautiful rain forest imagery and actual facts regarding animals and the world they live in. The show has a perfect balance of entertainment and education. Yeah for Snook and all his friends. Sean, Kristin, Anna and Sam