All member reviews for Jane and the Dragon

Medieval adventure is a soaring delight.

Parent of a 2, 4, and 5 year old Written byacolback April 15, 2011

Parent Written bySavvyParent February 16, 2013

SUPER show w/ a female lead that appeals to boys and girls.

A rare case where the TV show is better than the book. The books are very bathroom humor-ish, and okay, but the show is phenomenal - great messages, super characters, and funny. For girls, Jane is an extraordinary role model and a breath of fresh air compared to most female characters in TV and film. Even better, this is a show that is great for boys and girls (my son loves it too) -- most shows with female leads seem written only for girls. This is written for everyone MORE LIKE JANE!
Parent of a 5 year old Written bybutswana September 26, 2009

my oldest grandson likes dragons, so he already hooked. and Jane being a girl ,as long as she's strong,fearless,and can stick with the boys she's in....At five.she is another playmate as far as he's concern. But he seems to like the little adventures that they go through more when the dragon appears. I sit with him when he's at my house and we watch it together, I must say I like the stories myself ,I wouldn't change not one thing.This kind of show lets kids see both sides of the coin.You can then ask questions on how or what your child feelings are about the situations.We have talks about what we just saw almost after every show. And it helps him solve his own problems,I have notice by something he already seen on a show. So keep up the great job your doing and keep the dragon alive for my son please.(smile) He may not grasp everything that goes on in the show but he will ask me what does that mean,when he don't get it..
Adult Written bycarolcathey January 12, 2009

I am lifted and my moral character is supported by this program.

Every episode of Jane and the Dragon give me pause, teach me lessons, and make me think on the Aristotelian plane regarding how I treat my fellow human beings. Every episode has a message, an example of how things can seem to be diametrically opposed, but that in reality, the code of a knight indicates that only one path may be followed in order to "Do The Right Thing". I am a highly educated adult, and I need these messages to reinforce the ideals that I was taught. So do Today's children.
Parent of a 22 and 24 year old Written byJunebud January 4, 2009

Very sophisticated handling of human emotions!

I'm a 61 year old educator and a feminist since the early 70's. I LOVE THIS SHOW! I love that Jane is the heroine. I love the real and often quite subtle human emotions that every character shows, and I love that these emotions are deeply respected and dealt with. I am always impressed by the emotion-driven motives in the show, and the emotional growth that happens in every episode. This show could be a catalist for excellent classroom discussions!
Kid, 10 years old November 13, 2011

GOOD!

I LOVE THIS!!! But, when my mom went away and my mom's friend stayed over, we watched this and my mom's friend said Jane looks like Miley Cyrus. The Queen vandalized her own painting
Teen, 13 years old Written bypurplebaron October 30, 2011

Great childrens show.

This show is sweet, and a great one for the kids. Jane is one of the best childrens TV character I have ever seen, a true inspiration for girls.
Kid, 6 years old October 2, 2011

Entertaining and great lessons

My husband and I have a 6 year old girl. The whole family loves this show! Great positive lessons learned in every episode. the story line brings up applicable situations for my husband and I to discuss with our daughter. I'm hoping somehow weta will still produce another season!
Parent Written byMLW - Jane Rocks! August 5, 2011

Jane - A wonderful heroine for children 2-92!

Jane and the Dragon is one of my favourite childrens series. I have all the DVD's. Jane is an inspiring role model for my two girls 8 & 10. She is funny, strong, kind, thoughtful and fair. The storyline is interesting and provides just the right mix of excitement and a little moralising. Well done Weta Workshop and Nelvana. At last a story that doesn't scream at you with banal, smart semi adult remarks that put people down. This is a sensitive, subtle story that appeals to all ages. The music is great. Jane is a heroine to be reckoned with!!! Big fan!!!
Parent Written byazmomof2boys January 9, 2011

Parent of a 4 year old Written bymcharry July 12, 2010

Jane is a great role model for young girls. The dragon is very funny. I love the theme song!
Parent of an infant, 1, and 2 year old Written byOceanseve June 25, 2009

Great show

Great storylines, great characters, I wish they had made a second season. Everyone in our house enjoys it from my husband and me to my 1 and 2 year olds. The only thing some may not care for is a little bit of sparring in a few episodes. Another episode also shows a skeleton, not in a scary way, but it is there. My kids haven't even asked about it. One thing I love about it is Gunther the antihero in the show is not a horrible enemy, but a somewhat friend and knows when things have gone to far and helps solve the problem. Great show!
Teen, 13 years old Written bylam212121 May 23, 2009

happy every day

I'm a Chinese and live in HK Island, I watch Pearl TV at this afternoon, I like the Dragon very much. I think I can lean English in the cartoon film, so I want to review this film again. Thanks !
Educator Written byadawn77 March 19, 2009

i like the show verry much
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 5, 2009

An unknown show.

This show may not be too popular, but I like it. It is definitely the best show on Qubo!
Adult Written bykann200618 November 26, 2008

I love the show

I am 20 and I love watching Jane and the Dragon. I watch every night at 11:30 before I go to bed. There is just something about this show that hucked me and I just stayed. The emotions that Dragon have melt my heart and Jane and his closness that melt my soul. Its a good show to let young girls know that you can be what you want to be. You may have to work a little bit harder but you will seep the reward.
Adult Written byQuarrithbrakka April 9, 2008

Wonderful and wholesome stories for children of all ages.

I accidentally came across Jane and the Dragon, and now I watch it every chance I get...AND I recommend it to all the students I teach, Great show! I wish there were more like it. I would give it 10 stars if that was possible! I am now hoping there will be last-season videos offered for sale soon. I will buy them all!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Great Detail

I loved the Medieval detail in Jane and the Dragon, and how Jane broke stereotypical roles by training to be a knight. She is a good role-model and always tries to do what is right. Though the characters are strangely thin, the animation is very good over-all. It is also good for more than one age group, and though it is intended for young audiences, it will not seem as corny to adults as some childrens' shows.
Adult Written bywoodcut April 9, 2008

Jane/ Dragon ROCKS !

I'm an adult, and I watch this show every Sat. morning in San Francisco. It has great characters, funny yet meaningful story lines, and may inspire kids to look into computer art as a career. One of the best shows on TV !
Adult Written byjesssi April 9, 2008

we all watch!!!

This is not a show just for girls. I have 3 boys and one girl. We all sit and watch Jane and root for her. It has helped eliminate the "you can't cuz youre a girl" from my boys vocab!! Mom and Dad enjoy this too. It is one show that has captured all of us. Speaks of honesty and honor and integrity not just problem solving. Also Jane always keeps her word,refreshing!