All member reviews for Jay Jay the Jet Plane

Animated airplanes teach lessons to preschoolers.

Adult Written byBaddoDaddo April 9, 2008

Racial Stereotyping

This insipidly plotted show is mostly harmless, but I don't know why anyone would watch it or want their kids to watch it when there are much better choices. There is one thing about the show which I find to be HIGHLY OBJECTIONABLE. There are a couple of characters "of color" including a tow truck named Tuffy. Now, I'm all for ethnic diversity in children's programming, but did they have to make the one Asian character someone with extremely slanted eyes, buck teeth, and a speech impediment? I admire Tuffy's tenacious attitude, but that's almost a stereotype, too. I understand the characters are supposed to have a "retro" look to them, but Tuffy is too much! Next they'll introduce an African American vehicle that looks like Buckwheat from The Little Rascals.
Kid, 12 years old October 30, 2009

good show for little kids

the show wasnt well made but kids 2-4 andmaybe 5 will enjoy and learn from it.
Adult Written bydoeiby April 9, 2008
Parent of a 3 year old Written byDorianneEmm July 6, 2015

Full of god talk

Somehow I expected the official writeups on this site to warn me if something was full of religious indoctrination. We watched one episode of this show, willing to get past the totally creepy human faces popping out of the planes if our kid liked it, but we will never put it on again because all of the god that was shoehorned into it. A plane was scared to start school so he ran away to hide. This could have been a good message for kids scared of school or other life changes. An older plane comes and talks to him and convinces him to show up - and it turns out that older friendly plane is the teacher. But throughout there were these sentences like "God will keep you safe at school", "God made him brave enough to go to school", etc. That is not what I want my child to be watching.
Kid, 11 years old May 2, 2011

A little weird but good for tiny beings.

It is so weird but I thought it was sussposed to be an animated show, anyway it is educational and really gives kids possitive messages.
Parent of a 9, 11, 13, 18, and 25 year old Written byMomma-Age-46 May 3, 2009

Ok for little tots...

EXCEPT FOR THE ONE EPISODE WHERE JAY JAY THE JET PLANE TURNED INTO A TERRORIST!!! Yeah, Jay Jay the jet plane got wild one episode, and he crashed a huge building, acting like a suicide bomber!!!! OMG this is not what our children should be watching!!! Anyways... they took that episode off the air, so NO WORRIES now. :) Have a nice day!
Adult Written byouarda April 9, 2008

Too Sugary!

I don't like to pick on a show that's designed for toddlers, especially when I know that the creator was inspired by his little boys love of aviation. However, this is too sugary sweet and the voices of the planes for the most part, simply over the top. Toddlers don't need such a heavy dose of syrup! The themes are alright but the production misses the mark in my estimation. There are much better shows for this age group out there.
Adult Written bytemitchell April 9, 2008