All member reviews for Jersey Shore

Reality show revels in crude Italian-American stereotypes.

Parent of a 12 and 14 year old Written bywrightmom August 27, 2011

Don't waste your time

Obviously a 14-year-old is not mature enough to review this show. Probably even should not be watching it. Why would anyone think a 5-year-old should watch this? No child should aspire to be one of these "characters". They are in it for the money and fame, and that is why it influences teenagers negatively whose brains are not fully developed.
Adult Written byM1RSH3 March 27, 2011

Degradation of Our Youth

I'm 19 and I don't see the appeal. It celebrates being a slutty, dramatic, idiot with no goals in life other than being a worthless partier for the rest of their lives. I understand some people watch the show just to make fun of how pathetic they are, but the people who think life should be like that are going to be screwed when they actually have to grow up... I'm sad for my generation and younger ones.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bykabafe January 22, 2011

IT`S TERRIBLE FOR ANY AGFE

i`M SHOCK WHEN IWATCHED THE SHOW FOR THE FIRST TIME, ....OH MY GOSH ......IT`S TERRIBLE..... THERE IS NOTHING EDUCTIVE IN THIS SHOW...THAT`S WHY THE TEENAGER GET PREGNANT IN A EARLY AGE..........I AIN`T OLD FASHON...BUT IT`S TOO MUCH ...I`D RATHER " FRIENDS".....SOUNDS LIKE THIS ONE IT`S SO MUCH INOCENT...COMPARES TO " JERSEY SHORE'.....
Adult Written byNeyer November 15, 2010

Call the garbage truck! This dumpster is overflowing!

There isn't a single thing that's good about this show. It's just a bunch of nobody twenty to thirty-year-olds stuck in a house, having sex, constantly getting drunk, and being idiots. Apparently the point of the show, at one point, was to get them to work at a job, but from the looks of things they've never even held a job before, much less know how to perform the tasks like normal people or hold one down. The cast consists of a group of idiots who use excessive stereotyping throughout the show and who are extremely close-minded. They have a complete disregard for anyone else's feelings and only care about the next party, club, or lay on their list. This show is nothing more than a Skinemax reject and should be treated as such. Anyone under seventeen doesn't usually have the common sense not to imitate these acts and it should be avoided at all costs. This show isn't even worthy of the title 'entertainment.'
Adult Written byPinballWitch August 24, 2011

Mind rot not suitable for anyone who values their dignity.

At age 18, I'm constantly surrounded by people who watch and discuss this show, and I can't possibly for the life of me understand why on earth how anyone could degrade himself to such a degree. Are people really messed up enough that they need to watch the lives of people who are even crazier than they are to gain some sense of normalcy? Do people actually get some kind of lurid glee out of watching the bar fights and shallow relationships? The answer is, well, yeah. MTV knows exactly how to target its fan base, and that is by playing on the basest instincts of human being. When people see scenes of depravity that are outside their normal sense of perception, they can't help but look on. There are hard-working people out there trying to eke out a living and yet the "stars" of this trainwreck are making millions. This show makes me fear for my generation.
Adult Written byMichale Ford May 27, 2011

Eugenic Propaganda!

DO NOT let your tween ( earliest teens) children to see shows like this, The message it express is very destructive, basically says that partying is a legitimate profession and also a glorified one., sex, drugs and heaps of alcohol are just the tip of the iceberg, It promotes a culture on decadency, based on violence looks and vices, and promoting them as virtues.
Kid, 11 years old March 3, 2011

it is ok

I watch jersey shore all the time i am only 11 yrs old
Teen, 17 years old Written byohhhjersey January 22, 2011

Addictive. Especially if you're from Jersey

I love this show especially since I grew up in Seaside. I like seeing all the places on the boardwalk I used to go to ask a kid. Even though the show doesnt have a good message, its still addicting to watch. It bleeps out the cursing so it is okay for kids. My 13 year old sister loves it and its great to watch together and talk about.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBabyBri84 June 20, 2010

Tsk,, Tsk I0I

Not for young kids, its all about romance, fighting, and drama
Teen, 14 years old Written byDuckCommander13 December 5, 2014

It's Better than you think!

I love Duck Dynasty and Here Comes Honey Boo Boo but I never thought I'd love this. All of the people can be sweet at times but bad as well. There is constant uses of F***, S***,B****, A**, H***, G********, and others. One time Ronnie called Sammi a C*** but all of this is bleeped out on T.V and iTunes but on DVD it's uncensored. But I've hear from many that it doesn't uncensored everything. There are many sexual references and they have a "smoosh" room. They get drunk but it isn't encouraged. They smoke occasionally but isn't encouraged. The violence is pretty okay and again isn't encouraged.
Adult Written bySamanthamaster1 November 20, 2014

25+. NOT for any kids 24 and under.

This is a horrible show for young kids under 25 to watch, because, there are NO good morals at all in this show, it is just a bunch of low class kids partying their lives away. I'm so glad this trash got cancelled in 2012 and I really hope it NEVER get's renewed. The thing that aggravates me the most is that these low-lives get big paychecks to behave so unprofessionally. This will just teach our children that you get rich for being a loser, what happened to the day's where you had to have a college education to be rich and successful. How can people call this garbage "reality", this is so fake.
Teen, 17 years old Written bytroubledjealousteen February 24, 2014

Awesome Sauce!!

People love to overreact..let your kids SEE the world!! This show is awesome sauce as I said in my title, and bad behavior is what kids should see!!!!! TEACH THEM THAT THE WORLD ISN'T RAINBOWS AND UNICORNS (which btw aren't real, but I bet that you tell your kids that they are). Let kids see people get drunk!!!!! Let them learn curse words and become proud when they say them!!
Parent of a 3, 9, and 11 year old Written byhomeofplay February 14, 2014

Awful.

This TV show is trash! I will never EVER watch this show. This show is a disgrace to society! I can't believe that anyone would ever let their tween watch this show! I have three daughters: ages eleven, newly nine, and three + I would never let them watch this!
Teen, 15 years old Written byshaylyn43 November 9, 2013

JSR

It is just fine based on maturity level
Kid, 12 years old July 24, 2013

Its not awesome

I think it's not awesome, it's because of the strong bad words and talking about sex.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillonaire July 6, 2013

Iffy for 13+

I miss this show.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLovelyRose June 5, 2013

Jersey Shore.

Parents need to know there is partying and drinking in this MTV show. But, if your child is interested in the show, I would say it matters on if they are mature.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAnimeIsAwesome808 May 5, 2013

This is HOT GARBAGE.

Jersey Shore is very stupid. It's not as bad as Incredible Crew, but it still sucks. It also makes fun of people who live in New Jersey. Don't watch this.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRocketboy1998 April 9, 2013

This show is horrible.

Jersey Shore is a disgrace. I hate it. It is also very stupid.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGateswing_Guy March 12, 2013

Suffering for the mind. Very stupid.

I can't believe how stupid Jersey Shore is. It is also very crude and not for kids. I'm glad it is cancelled, and if you liked this show, you are stupid. I respect opinions, but who would like this show?! Not me!