All member reviews for Jersey Shore

Reality show revels in crude Italian-American stereotypes.

Adult Written byNeyer November 15, 2010

Call the garbage truck! This dumpster is overflowing!

There isn't a single thing that's good about this show. It's just a bunch of nobody twenty to thirty-year-olds stuck in a house, having sex, constantly getting drunk, and being idiots. Apparently the point of the show, at one point, was to get them to work at a job, but from the looks of things they've never even held a job before, much less know how to perform the tasks like normal people or hold one down. The cast consists of a group of idiots who use excessive stereotyping throughout the show and who are extremely close-minded. They have a complete disregard for anyone else's feelings and only care about the next party, club, or lay on their list. This show is nothing more than a Skinemax reject and should be treated as such. Anyone under seventeen doesn't usually have the common sense not to imitate these acts and it should be avoided at all costs. This show isn't even worthy of the title 'entertainment.'
Teen, 16 years old Written byhamstergurl09 November 27, 2010

An Abomintation.

When I found out they were showing this in other countries, I flipped out. Just what we want foreigners to think all Americans are like! This show sucks so bad. It's just a bunch of 30 year olds getting drunk. They act incredibly immature. I despise this show with every fiber of my being.
Teen, 16 years old Written byteamjacobgirl2.0 January 25, 2011

If your kids can't watch other MTV shows, this one is no different.

This is just another trashy, stupid, and pointless MTV show. Obviously its full of attention seeking idiots telling everyone to drink and take drugs. And they give New Jersey a bad name.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymaggieu February 14, 2011

Derp Herp

It's stupid but it's so funny. the people have no brains so it's hilarious watching them get arrested, talk about GTL and get punched in the face...at least for Snooki. Except I feel like I lose brain cells while watching it.
Kid, 10 years old April 16, 2011

I HATE IT

I can't believe that they get payed so much for nothing . These people have no lives and do completely nothing in there lives to deserve fame like these low life's. They show no respect for jersey and there self's .
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 8, 2011

i rate this title for OFF for ages 13+

What to watch out for * Messages: The show's premise revolves around crude stereotypical images of and behavior attributed to Italian Americans. As with many other reality shows, the series also sends negative messages about what constitutes responsible behavior, the consequences of drinking and casual sex, etc. * Role models: The cast members are stereotypical caricatures of young Italian-American adults whose sole interests are how good they think they look and having fun. While their landlord/boss attempts to instill a sense of professionalism in them, the cast is proud of their obnoxiously inappropriate behavior (which includes hooking up, talking about sex, dressing skimpily, getting drunk regularly, and more). * Violence: Contains the expected yelling, insult hurling, and arguing between housemates. There are also occasional brawls at clubs (including shoving and punching), and at least one instance in which a man punches a woman in the face (though footage of the actual punch was edited out of the final broadcast, it was included in promos, and its aftereffects are discussed). Some of the cast members say that physically fighting is an acceptable way of resolving problems. * Sex: The cast endlessly talks about having sex. Women are frequently shown in G-strings and other revealing outfits, while men are often shirtless or in their underwear. Club scenes include lots of butt shaking, grinding, and racy dancing. Sexual activity ranges from kissing (including same-sex making out) to people in bed reaching for each other's genitals; all nudity is blurred. * Language: Words like "bimbo," "sk-nk," "wh-re," "sl-t," "bi-ch," and "a-s" are used regularly. Stronger curses -- like "f--k," "s--t," "a--hole," and words refering to genitalia -- are bleeped. * Consumerism: While their labels aren't prominently featured, brands like Coach, Cadillac, and Red Bull are visible. The cast's regular haunts includes Jersey Shore hot spots like Club Bamboo. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: Drinking is frequent and excessive. Hard alcohol (gin, vodka) is visible. People get drunk on a regular basis and are often shown engaging in promiscuous behavior while drunk and/or throwing up due to intoxication. Cigarette smoking is sometimes visible.
Kid, 11 years old January 23, 2011

I HATE THIS SHOW! it is degrading to Italian Americans and did you know only 2 of them are from NJ.I mean a friend of mine is Italian American and she is not like any of them nor are any of her family members
Parent Written byT.O.poet January 5, 2011

Shameless and Non-Ironic

Quite simply, this show and those involved in it profit from the non-ironic exploitation of crude cultural stereotypes, alcoholism, and the stupidity of the general public. It might be funny or progressive if it were a mockumentary, but instead it glorifies a problematic (and unrealistic) lifestyle in a crass attempt to sell Red Bull. Most distressing is the fact that I KNOW PEOPLE WHO HAVE ACTUALLY STARTED BEHAVING LIKE THE CHARACTERS ON THIS SHOW: trying to start fights at clubs, over-tanning, and getting drunk in the day time. It's puerile. What kind of a sad, empty culture has time for this dreck? I never thought I'd miss the Hills...
Kid, 10 years old March 22, 2011

Haha parents can't bann shows like this forever sooner or pater ur kid is gonna watch something like this. Kids in my class/grade (5th) all talk about secretly watching this show.
Adult Written byM1RSH3 March 27, 2011

Degradation of Our Youth

I'm 19 and I don't see the appeal. It celebrates being a slutty, dramatic, idiot with no goals in life other than being a worthless partier for the rest of their lives. I understand some people watch the show just to make fun of how pathetic they are, but the people who think life should be like that are going to be screwed when they actually have to grow up... I'm sad for my generation and younger ones.
Teen, 14 years old Written byangelrose18 March 21, 2011

i love it pauly d is hot!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old February 16, 2011

I don't watch it!!!! But my 10 friend does!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old March 3, 2011

it is ok

I watch jersey shore all the time i am only 11 yrs old
Kid, 12 years old September 12, 2010

Great

Teen, 14 years old Written byDarkMidnight October 26, 2010

Oh Jersey... God help us now

Okay, let me guess, these people get payed LOADS to act that stupid. Nice to see how the worlds turning out.... Really the show is intertaning, kind of fun to watch, but still extremely stupid. For one, you can hardly understand what they're saying because they're cursing all the time! You son of a *beep* mothuh *beep* go to hell you stupid *beep* *beep* *beep* beep*!!! And its gross, they bring people from clubs so they can well.... yeah. And they have parts of it on camera! Uh, sex is meant when people love eachother and its suppose to be a private moment, not spread all over cable television! Sometimes I can sort of respect them (Believe it or not) because actually, rarely, they make smart choices and have limits. But EspumaMarina is right, the last thing we need in the world right now is more of that. People keep saying "oh its life, get over it" Um no. It doesn't HAVE to be this stupid, you guys have brains, although its probably damaged from alcahol, you can still think things through. The world doesn't need another reason to spread sex on national air. And besides, do people actually get famous for being 'talented' anymore!? Lately its just about looking good, being a sl*t, and doing something stupid, and they get paid all of the money that we could use to feed the hungry.
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe Rateinator February 25, 2011

Some people are overeacting.

This show does well for what it is. Which is basically tanned "guidos" live in a house together. The sexual behavior is not good for children but the term s*x is rarely used. The characters stand up and support eachother( which sometimes ends with them fighting one another) This is just a little bit of escapism which is shown at 9/10 anyway so its your fault if your child watches it.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bykabafe January 22, 2011

IT`S TERRIBLE FOR ANY AGFE

i`M SHOCK WHEN IWATCHED THE SHOW FOR THE FIRST TIME, ....OH MY GOSH ......IT`S TERRIBLE..... THERE IS NOTHING EDUCTIVE IN THIS SHOW...THAT`S WHY THE TEENAGER GET PREGNANT IN A EARLY AGE..........I AIN`T OLD FASHON...BUT IT`S TOO MUCH ...I`D RATHER " FRIENDS".....SOUNDS LIKE THIS ONE IT`S SO MUCH INOCENT...COMPARES TO " JERSEY SHORE'.....
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byCommon critic January 21, 2011

My daughter loves it

My daughter just started watching thus show recently.I let her watch it but just tell her to be careful still.she knows about the language and sex thing and it doesn't seem to bother her.she lives the show and I'm not going to take it away from her.yes there are sex and language in the show that I am concerned about but it doesn't bother me completely.at first I used to watch the show with her but I believe she is old enough to be mature to watch this show
Adult Written bybnmjy April 24, 2011

Irrelevant to everyone regardless of age

This show is a complete abomination, and I am ashamed that there are children here that are actually praising this show. Note that I am only 18 years old. In no way whatsoever do I approve of any of the characters behaviors on this reality show. True, that children will eventually learn about sex and drugs, but that does not give the right for a show to glamorize such objects. The characters on this show are all ostentatious, superficial, and just plain stupid. I cannot even describe how much I loathe this show. I question why it even exists and why people watch it in the first place. There is absolutely nothing positive about this show at all. I think it's inappropriate for all ages.
Teen, 17 years old Written byohhhjersey January 22, 2011

Addictive. Especially if you're from Jersey

I love this show especially since I grew up in Seaside. I like seeing all the places on the boardwalk I used to go to ask a kid. Even though the show doesnt have a good message, its still addicting to watch. It bleeps out the cursing so it is okay for kids. My 13 year old sister loves it and its great to watch together and talk about.