All parent member reviews for Jersey Shore

Parent Written byMumzePerdue July 30, 2011

Not for me

Do not like it. Don't see the attraction. Don't think it's stimulating to my intelligence.
Parent of a 1 and 8 year old Written bySteffauri516 July 21, 2011

Rarely entertaining, TV trash...

There really are no positive messages in this show. Admittedly I enjoy an episode every now and again, but this show is definately not kid friendly in any way! The entire series is a disgraceful stereotype of the obnoxious Italian-American and the events in the show are incredibly fake and staged. There is loads of foul language and name calling, occasionally the actors will hit one another, including men being violent or disrespectful to women, trashing their rooms and breaking their things. There is a lot of drinking and partying as well as some sex and hints to it, I'd rate this show off for any kid under 16 at least...
Adult Written byPastelito28 July 14, 2011

not the best choice for kids

this show is for someone 14 or older
Adult Written byShizukaVictoria May 31, 2011

A real embarassment, and Im not even Italian.

This show is definitly an embarassment and I'm not even Italian. The people who watch this show are the people who have the same obnoxious and love for drama. Trust me I grew up in a stereotypical mexican american town where everyone is EXACTLY alike in attitude, people who weren't were literally from other countries or prestigous towns nearby. This show embraces the flaws society has, especially how most of us view Hollywood with people being in so many scandals the steoreotypical mentality of a wealthy vally girl that sole purpose is too be rich and look good even if that means reconstructing her entire body. It's sad to say this is MTV's reputation however, it lives off paying people to fight and get pregnant and create drama for everyone and sadly teenagers are becoming more like that, looking at MTV to make money and doing absolutly ANYTHING to get on it because its just that easy. And yes MTV really does script everything, I did use to watch the channel but not on a constant basis and of course the people have the worst acting not even trying to make it seem real.If these people are real in what they do you know for sure they all pretty much have at least half of STDs that we all are aware of. Also just so everyone knows, Snooki isnt of Italian blood shes Cuban and was adopted by an Italian family, and now you know. I'm almost embarassed to be human to see that some people are actually praising this type of negative mentality. If we get more programs like this society will definitly go into anarchy. This program being shown in other countries is one of the reasons im officially moving to Japan even though itd be incredibly embarassing im from America if they are aware of this show. For one thing every other country now has a real reason to think we're polluting the world with our culture.
Adult Written byXx420ganj4Lif3xX May 27, 2011

this is a bad show for all ages

This show isn't for kids, and it shouldn't even be for adults. It appeals to the lowest denominator of society and never should have been showed on tv in the first place. If your child says they wish to watch this show or admire any member of the cast take them for counseling and review your parenting method. It also enforces negative stereotypes about italian americans and tells kids/teens that drinking and being a waste of space is what you should do
Parent Written byHydreigon May 27, 2011

A steaming pile of sh*t.

This show is a steaming pile of sh*t. None of the characters are likeable, and I doubt they're really Italian-American. Don't let your children watch sh*t like this. Let 'em watch some of the good cartoons on Cartoon Network, like Adventure Time, Regular Show, MAD, and the Looney Tunes Show. Those shows contain positive role models.
Adult Written bybnmjy April 24, 2011

Irrelevant to everyone regardless of age

This show is a complete abomination, and I am ashamed that there are children here that are actually praising this show. Note that I am only 18 years old. In no way whatsoever do I approve of any of the characters behaviors on this reality show. True, that children will eventually learn about sex and drugs, but that does not give the right for a show to glamorize such objects. The characters on this show are all ostentatious, superficial, and just plain stupid. I cannot even describe how much I loathe this show. I question why it even exists and why people watch it in the first place. There is absolutely nothing positive about this show at all. I think it's inappropriate for all ages.
Adult Written byperfectsense April 15, 2011

Parent of a 17 year old Written byRio101 April 11, 2011

Adult Written bytverbutdoeshavealife April 7, 2011

who cares

you shouldnt really care for the people that watch shows like these. half of the audience is retarded, the other half just likes to see the stupidity that constantly plays out. besides,people who defend this show and tries to be like them are just sluts, and dumbasses, and nonone really cares what they think.
Parent Written byaquamoon March 27, 2011

COMPLETELY DISGUSTING AND SHOCKING

This is the worst show ever on the planet and it sickens me to think that there are kids out there whose parents don't care what they watch and whom allow them to see something so horribly racy and sex-crazed. /:( \ I will never let my kids see something so demeaning and full of horrible messages. What kind of sick psycho would LET their kids watch this pathetic excuse for a PG13 show?? This show should be rated MA and blockable from kids' viewing and/or access.
Adult Written byatv009 March 12, 2011

A poor reality tv show

This show discus me in so many levels. I never been so ick in my life. Though the show is funny at some times, this show promotes sex and drinking in many ways. its a discusting potrayl of a Italian American.
Parent of an infant, 2, 4, 7, and 11 year old Written bylindsey678 February 15, 2011

IF YOU LET A KID 14 AND UNDER WATCH THIS TV SHOW THEN YOU ARE A BAD PARENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 13 year old Written byroyalblue246 February 3, 2011

good for any one as long as they can understand that it is fake

Ok well everything in this show is obviously fake so i dont see why anyone couldent watch it as long as they have the right mind set. You can even learn from this show - you can look at snookie and j-wows ect. behavior to see how not to act. And you can tell your kids "see this is why you dont want to get drunk you will end up like this" But over all this show is super funny XD
Adult Written byUltraBanana January 30, 2011

This is what T.V. has turned into.

I marked everything that's in the "Any Concerns?" bar is marked for a reason. This show's message is "Hey kids, follow a stupid sterotype and get rick off it". All they do is party, drink, smoke, fight, have sex and act stupid. Hell I'm 17 and I still don't think I should watch this show. I understand people like it because of all the drama and the 'funny fights' but I say you shouldn't give them the pleasure of having high ratings.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bymikeisawesome123 January 27, 2011

May I first say this show SUCKS!!!!!!!!! I HATE IT!!!!!!!! Watching it was the worst decision in my freaking life!!!!! Sex is not appropriate because all the jobless deadbeats do is get girls and have sex with them. This one girl, Jenni, has enormusly big breasts they often talk about and make fun of. They always drink and are not the kind of role models for my kids!!!
Parent of a 12 year old Written byisaac4christ January 27, 2011

HATE IT
Adult Written byLuis87 January 25, 2011

perfect for teens and young adults

Love it. my favorite show
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byCommon critic January 21, 2011

My daughter loves it

My daughter just started watching thus show recently.I let her watch it but just tell her to be careful still.she knows about the language and sex thing and it doesn't seem to bother her.she lives the show and I'm not going to take it away from her.yes there are sex and language in the show that I am concerned about but it doesn't bother me completely.at first I used to watch the show with her but I believe she is old enough to be mature to watch this show
Parent of a 12 year old Written byxxalexx January 17, 2011

It is an entertaining show for high schoolers, but for kids in elementary and middle school it is just too much. There is serious guy and girl fighting, the guy fighting is more physical while the girl fighting is more verbally. Although you can't hear the cursing you can certainly figure out what they are saying.Not too much sex but you do see clubs, relationships, and TONS OF DRAMA!!!!! If you think your child can handle the show without it affecting their behavior then let them see it. But I've noticed that children have started cursing and just acting worse after seeing this show. PS: i am a teacher that is why i see that behavior, especially in middle school.