All parent member reviews for Jersey Shore

Parent of a 12 and 14 year old Written bywrightmom August 27, 2011

Don't waste your time

Obviously a 14-year-old is not mature enough to review this show. Probably even should not be watching it. Why would anyone think a 5-year-old should watch this? No child should aspire to be one of these "characters". They are in it for the money and fame, and that is why it influences teenagers negatively whose brains are not fully developed.
Adult Written byM1RSH3 March 27, 2011

Degradation of Our Youth

I'm 19 and I don't see the appeal. It celebrates being a slutty, dramatic, idiot with no goals in life other than being a worthless partier for the rest of their lives. I understand some people watch the show just to make fun of how pathetic they are, but the people who think life should be like that are going to be screwed when they actually have to grow up... I'm sad for my generation and younger ones.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bykabafe January 22, 2011

IT`S TERRIBLE FOR ANY AGFE

i`M SHOCK WHEN IWATCHED THE SHOW FOR THE FIRST TIME, ....OH MY GOSH ......IT`S TERRIBLE..... THERE IS NOTHING EDUCTIVE IN THIS SHOW...THAT`S WHY THE TEENAGER GET PREGNANT IN A EARLY AGE..........I AIN`T OLD FASHON...BUT IT`S TOO MUCH ...I`D RATHER " FRIENDS".....SOUNDS LIKE THIS ONE IT`S SO MUCH INOCENT...COMPARES TO " JERSEY SHORE'.....
Adult Written byNeyer November 15, 2010

Call the garbage truck! This dumpster is overflowing!

There isn't a single thing that's good about this show. It's just a bunch of nobody twenty to thirty-year-olds stuck in a house, having sex, constantly getting drunk, and being idiots. Apparently the point of the show, at one point, was to get them to work at a job, but from the looks of things they've never even held a job before, much less know how to perform the tasks like normal people or hold one down. The cast consists of a group of idiots who use excessive stereotyping throughout the show and who are extremely close-minded. They have a complete disregard for anyone else's feelings and only care about the next party, club, or lay on their list. This show is nothing more than a Skinemax reject and should be treated as such. Anyone under seventeen doesn't usually have the common sense not to imitate these acts and it should be avoided at all costs. This show isn't even worthy of the title 'entertainment.'
Adult Written byPinballWitch August 24, 2011

Mind rot not suitable for anyone who values their dignity.

At age 18, I'm constantly surrounded by people who watch and discuss this show, and I can't possibly for the life of me understand why on earth how anyone could degrade himself to such a degree. Are people really messed up enough that they need to watch the lives of people who are even crazier than they are to gain some sense of normalcy? Do people actually get some kind of lurid glee out of watching the bar fights and shallow relationships? The answer is, well, yeah. MTV knows exactly how to target its fan base, and that is by playing on the basest instincts of human being. When people see scenes of depravity that are outside their normal sense of perception, they can't help but look on. There are hard-working people out there trying to eke out a living and yet the "stars" of this trainwreck are making millions. This show makes me fear for my generation.
Adult Written byMichale Ford May 27, 2011

Eugenic Propaganda!

DO NOT let your tween ( earliest teens) children to see shows like this, The message it express is very destructive, basically says that partying is a legitimate profession and also a glorified one., sex, drugs and heaps of alcohol are just the tip of the iceberg, It promotes a culture on decadency, based on violence looks and vices, and promoting them as virtues.
Adult Written bySamanthamaster1 November 20, 2014

25+. NOT for any kids 24 and under.

This is a horrible show for young kids under 25 to watch, because, there are NO good morals at all in this show, it is just a bunch of low class kids partying their lives away. I'm so glad this trash got cancelled in 2012 and I really hope it NEVER get's renewed. The thing that aggravates me the most is that these low-lives get big paychecks to behave so unprofessionally. This will just teach our children that you get rich for being a loser, what happened to the day's where you had to have a college education to be rich and successful. How can people call this garbage "reality", this is so fake.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 October 11, 2012

jersey shore

Families can talk about the difference between celebrating a cultural heritage and playing into stereotypes about that culture. Do you think the show's portrayal of Italian Americans is accurate? Or could the cast members be playing up to specific stereotypes because they're on a reality show? Should racial/ethnic stereotyping ever be used as a source of entertainment? Is there such a thing as positive stereotypes?
Adult Written bysega31098 August 21, 2012

Trash TV at its finest. But it has a great setting.

The trashy behaviour can many off. However, if you love decor and a fun setting, you should look at the surroundings. I just love the look of the Jersey Shore and the house the people stay in.
Parent Written byGrilledCheeseDeluxe July 6, 2012

Jersey Shore-The worst show ever made

Looking for garbage? Then you came to the right place; it's noting but worthless crap TV that floods your child's mind with despicable language and constant sexual connotations. It critisizes the Italian-American communities; allowing us to believe they are mentally corrupt. Such features mean this show is not only unsuitable for children, but also any other form of life.
Adult Written byaquaA1992 March 28, 2012

Take this SHOW OFF OF THE AIRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

these guys are TERRIBLE role models..not just to kids under 18 yrs but to the society. Just a bunch of muscle heads and sluts getting wasted and getting into fights for no f-cking reason!!!Its like watching a worst version of Jerry Springer. I rather watch jackass than this piece of crap menstural show. I cannot stand all of them especailly snooki whatever her name is..now she is knocked up and probably going to make money off of her kid. SHAME on all of them. Oh thats right, MTV has the nerve to get rid of GOOD VIBES, idk B&B and keeping this TRASH show on air?? This Show really F-ed up MTV for good.
Adult Written byTV-14-DLSV Teen Boy March 27, 2012

Jersey Shore is the best Reality Show Iv'e ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome Reality TV Show I Really like Jersey Shore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Changed my mind and gave Jersey Shore 4 out of 5 stars. I Watched some more Episodes on MTV and I Loved it! It was Really entertaining and Hilarious. (I Recommend Jersey Shore For People 14 Or Older Though It Can Be Inappropriate For Kids). Jersey Shore is RATED: TV-14-DLS Most of the time. (D=Intensely Suggestive Dialogue, L=Strong Coarse Language, and S=Intense Sexual Situations). Sometimes RATED: TV-14-DLV. (V=Intense Violence). Sometimes RATED: TV-14-DLSV also. Wich you already know that (S=Intense Sexual Situations). My favorite Characters are Pauly D, Vinny, Snooki (Wich her real name on real life is Nicole Polizzi) and J woww (Who is Really Pretty). I Watched Almost The Whole Jerzathon on MTV with My Sister!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fist Bump I Love Jersey Shore and I'm Going to definately own All The Seasons Of Jersey Shore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jersey Shore is Addicting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im also going to see The Pauly D Project when it comesout on MTV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Educator Written byclassygirl March 11, 2012

WASTE TV

This is truly the bowels of holly wood, I never have been so ashamed to be half Italian in my life!! I think i will tell people i am anything else.. And people would believe it to because i have been blessed with looks only from the other half of me. At this point i am grateful for that i would be to ashamed to have any Italian features. And this show also proves,just by that vinny guys parents. That Italian mom's need to spend more time raising there children and less time cooking there meatballs,and turning there son's in to infants, who sit around waiting to be served. And it seems to me if Italian mother's chose to not have children more. There son's would make any woman a half way decent man!! These jersey shore rejects if it is even real at all. Are the typical results of Italian Americans, who have been not parented correctly at all!! I FEEL SORRY FOR THEM IN SOME WAYS. because it is not really there faults there losers. They were just born that way.
Parent Written byyeseniamurray02 March 9, 2012

Why is it PG-14?

I think this is what children with irresponsible parents watch. How can we sit here and let children 14 years of age intend to imitate such language and actions? No, have we not noticed that shows like these make our children brainless and lead them to follow unnecessary behavior.
Adult Written bycrashtx1 February 9, 2012

Garbage

This is so worthless it's hard to know where to begin. Really, it's like watching a show about the mentally challenged who don't know they are mentally challenged.
Parent Written bymrporkface11 January 14, 2012

Racism

Racism
Adult Written bydenndeni123 September 17, 2011

Great for kids

Awesome Show! My kids love it
Parent Written byLaney52* September 1, 2011

Jersey Shore has an undertow! Beware!

The one day I watch it with my 16 year old they show a young woman getting in and out of bed with first a girl then a boy. The entire episode seemed to be about "hooking up." While it definitely started some dialogue I am appalled at the level of popularity this show maintains. I'm going to limit this at my house.
Parent of a 18 year old Written byDonutz August 11, 2011

The Deal

Here's the deal. It boils down to a need to monitor what your children are watching. This show is aimed at the college community/upper-class highschoolers, therefore if you're youngins are watching it, where are your parental controls? You don't even have to be in the room, just use the remote! What else are they going to be watching on MTV, Teen Mom? Get real. The issue of race is not the most predominant thing in this show,just a group of people that just HAPPENS to be comprised of some Italian-American's from Jersey. Honestly, taking it as seriously as a lot of people are is just glamorizing the show, and being so adamant against it is driving kids to be curious about it and possibly emulate the show.... If the kid is not mature enough to know about s*x and drinking....probably not mature enough for this show. If they do watch the show, just make sure to say you know they can do better, though it is good to have fun every once and a while... After all, it's not like Pauly and Vinny do nothing but outrageous, lewd antics every episode; though most of the comments about the behavior on the show aren't off base. Don't take the show so seriously, that's giving it much more attention than it deserves. Maybe teach your kid to drive or something, they'd probably welcome some sense of independence.
Parent Written byDeadmau5 August 10, 2011

TAXI SONO QUI ! SONO QUI !

This show is LEGIT ! Super entertaining. I mean no kid is so stupid enough to listen to any of them, they're High-Larious !